Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Classified idea?

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by treemanx, Nov 16, 2009.

1. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

I was on another site recently and I saw something that I thought might be helpful to our classifieds. That site put a small "NEW" symbol next to new posts to the classifieds to bring them out from older ads. I thought this might be helpful to those who worry about the "no bumping within a week rule" that is so hotly contested here. I'm not sure how long the "NEW" icon should last on the posts, but it may be helpful. I dont even know if that is possible on this sites format, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Forgive me if this has been talked about before. Any thoughts?

2. jkraig

jkraig West Linn, Oregon New Member

I think this is a GREAT idea. I have the same thing on my site, so it should just be an option with the software the site uses.

3. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Never mind. Jkraig was posting as I was and it looks like this is available in vBulletin.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  4. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Sounds good to me! I'll look into it. Which vBulletin site did you see it on?

If you don't see it in a few days bump this thread and remind me, I've been extremely busy with my new job.

5. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Good Idea Treemanx!

6. treemanx

Thanks!

7. MWS

MWS Oregon City,OR Member

I think that making EVERYONE have there city & state listed in the profile box or even a zip code would help cut down on thread traffic a lot. Just knowing if you want to travel that far for a gun, ammo or parts would be a big help. IMHO

8. dave

dave Independence Member

Agreed.

Im also on board for the NEW tags on the classifieds.

9. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

:D

10. treemanx

Is this still going to happen? Looking forward to it!

11. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Patience Master Luke. Yoda:starwars: