JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm thinking isn't it kinda silly to post a reply to your own ad saying sold?
In doing so bumping your already sold item to the top of the first page. Especially since if it's sold you should be closing that thread.
Wouldt editing the original ad to say sold be a much better idea. I mean your bumping items that are still trying to be sold down with your sold item.
I don't get it am I missing something.

So I'm thinking isn't it kinda silly to post a reply to your own ad saying sold?
In doing so bumping your already sold item to the top of the first page. Especially since if it's sold you should be closing that thread.
Wouldt editing the original ad to say sold be a much better idea. I mean your bumping items that are still trying to be sold down with your sold item.

Ya, I guess you are right.

I think I'm guilty of that one myself. The original post should be edited and them the ad closed.

Leave the sale price and description in the ad though for future reference.

Hit the "report" button if you see it again.

yeah just edit in the "sold",leave the price etc..Once it is sold have a mod come in and lock it.this will stop any erasures of post,price or content for future ref. and anyone adding to it.

since we are(kinda) on the subject of a little hicups in the classifieds.i would like to point out a couple of things that have caught my attention.people that wts/wtt,are posting ads for other people.ie;oh that gun belongs to my brothers sons girlfriends dad--i'll check on it, and get back to ya,and they get back, to tell you, he sold it 2 weeks ago,:confused:DUH!! maybe i should close the post.i myself have sold guns for my son,but like i told my son,i want the gun in my hand before i post it-also (we)as the ones posting need to go back and check our posts to make sure they are closed,as i have come across items that have been sold for a week or two:confused:.at the top of the threads their is a STICKY,that tells us what to do,when item is sold or traded.just some thoughts!!rusobr2(steven)

I think it makes attention horders feel like they scored a touch down or something " hey look every one look at me its sold"

maybe they feel like they have to leave that mark or rub the noses of the guys who made low ball offers in it or something like that

there was a guy who made me a low ball offer on a upper i had posted he also had a wtb post i did not contact him first he contacted me i said no thanks then when he found what he was looking for he made a point to email me stating he found one then bumped his post stating he found one. :nuts:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top