JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't know if this has been brought up but I see a ton of ads that are responded to and then no response from the creator (Jesus is like that).
It's pretty comical at times.
Anyway, ye fecking dolts, if you're the creator, "watch" your ads.. you will be notified of any activity in your ad.
If you're responding to an ad, don't assume the creator watches his ads so hit the "quote" button to give your response context and it notifies the creator that you have responded to his ad.
You should also actually private message the creator as I feel those hold more weight would push come to shove in some instances.
I think sometimes the creator doesn't want to respond to a post. And sometimes you might not see the response from the creator if the creator responds via pm. Just spitballing here.

How about locking your ad after the item sells or if you decide to keep the item….. and if you don't want to lock it atleast annotate that it sold in the comments.

Don't know if this has been brought up but I see a ton of ads that are responded to and then no response from the creator (Jesus is like that).
It's pretty comical at times.
Anyway, ye fecking dolts, if you're the creator, "watch" your ads.. you will be notified of any activity in your ad.
If you're responding to an ad, don't assume the creator watches his ads so hit the "quote" button to give your response context and it notifies the creator that you have responded to his ad.
You should also actually private message the creator as I feel those hold more weight would push come to shove in some instances.
several of my adds i never got any notice when it was rep[lied to. id come and check it and see i got a message there a week earlier.. Not sure why either, i get them on evertything BUT the classified ads

I think sometimes the creator doesn't want to respond to a post. And sometimes you might not see the response from the creator if the creator responds via pm. Just spitballing here.
Yep, there are no universals so sometimes is a good qualifier.
Often, "I'll take it" etc are ignored for years until someone quotes the post or whatever.

The thread crapping is real annoying. When I first joined here, I put one of my guns up for sale and within minutes, I got a reply saying "I'll give you $5. That's a dollar a minute you have been here" or something along those lines. While I thought it was funny, the lack of class some have apparently is mind blowing.

I get it, a new member posting something, be wary, but as Spock said, "There is a first time for everything". To the credit of the moderators here, they cleaned up the thread quickly.

Some of the guys here are tired of people joining the forum specifically to take advantage of the classifieds. It seems quite common for a "new" person to post and then dissappear as soon as the item sells whether through the forum or not. That's not to excuse "thread-crapping".

You may have to start somewhere but not necessarily by posting an item for sale. We just want to see some interest in the community other than to sell/buy.
The thread crapping is real annoying. When I first joined here, I put one of my guns up for sale and within minutes, I got a reply saying "I'll give you $5. That's a dollar a minute you have been here" or something along those lines. While I thought it was funny, the lack of class some have apparently is mind blowing.

I get it, a new member posting something, be wary, but as Spock said, "There is a first time for everything". To the credit of the moderators here, they cleaned up the thread quickly.
For the 100th time LOCK/CLOSE your old and/or sold ads. It's the easiest way to prevent people asking about an ad from 2010. I've legit seen a deal take place years after the item was originally posted so its not too far fetched to inquire about something that is still active listed.

I like what you're saying, in theory.
But I also like laughing at " is this still available?" Queries on $400 WASRs originally posted in 2010.
I like when I edit, update, and bump a classified and along comes a noob 25 minutes later. "still available" That's Facebook Market Place language for I'm a tire kicking flake or I'm to stupid to read. 🤣

Last Edited:
And what's with these guys posting the price at $1 then inside the ad it's magically changes to $475.... I know why they do it and I'll never open a ad that has $1 in the post:s0057:

And what's with these guys posting the price at $1 then inside the ad it's magically changes to $475.... I know why they do it and I'll never open a ad that has $1 in the post:s0057:
It's because you are forced to put a price that shows at the top of the ad. If you have more than one item, putting ($1.00) in that spot when you're making the ad is the only way to put the ad up for public viewing.

It's because you are forced to put a price that shows at the top of the ad. If you have more than one item, putting ($1.00) in that spot when you're making the ad is the only way to put the ad up for public viewing.
As far as I am aware, you are allowed to leave that price in title section at 0 if you have multiple items, as long as prices for the multiple items are included in the ad body?

As far as I am aware, you are allowed to leave that price in title section at 0 if you have multiple items, as long as prices for the multiple items are included in the ad body?
You'd know better than I would I imagine. :D I don't do that many ads and when I do it's for a single item. I don't think much of the format to get an ad up. But I understand why. I think.

Just read it. It does say you leave that blank if you've got multiple items in the ad.

I would hope readers of an ad that see "$1.00" in the TITLE of the ad will be okay when they actually CLICK on the ad and see that bottle of powder isn't really a dollar. :rolleyes: The trauma cold be disabling. ;)

4. All sale ads are required to have a price

All sale ads are required to have the price of the item clearly stated. If an ad has multiple items for sale, the price for each item should be listed in the body of the ad. Ads with a placeholder such as $1 or $1234 will be deleted without notice. Auction style listings are not allowed.

4. All sale ads are required to have a price

All sale ads are required to have the price of the item clearly stated. If an ad has multiple items for sale, the price for each item should be listed in the body of the ad. Ads with a placeholder such as $1 or $1234 will be deleted without notice. Auction style listings are not allowed.
This is the key right here: "If an ad has multiple items for sale, the price for each item should be listed in the body of the ad."

I often see ads where sellers have put some number other than Zero in the title price section which is a mistake if the ad is for multiple and differently priced items. If you have multiple items, priced separately, in one ad put zero in the title price section and include prices in ad body.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top