JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One thing that puzzles me about this forum is not many people are willing to haggle on either side of the sale. Especially when the ad says obo. Why not counter offer? Whenever I receive an offer that I don't agree with I always submit an alternative. Seems as though haggling is a dying art.
If I wanted something and it was a hundred or couple hundred overpriced, I'd haggle. But there are guns I'm interested in that have come up in the NWFA classified where the asking price is, for example, 1200 to 1500 for a gun which regularly sells on gunbroker for 800 or so. (Not what the asking prices are on gunbroker, which are also often equally ridiculous, but the actual sale prices--what people have actually paid for the guns.) When someone is asking that much more than the going price, I figure they are either looking for suckers, or are ignorant of what the gun is actually likely to sell for. (For example, they might think that asking prices on gunbroker rather than actual sales prices indicate the going value.) In either event I figure the seller would just be pissed at me if I PMed and made an offer that represented a reasonable offer that was hundreds less than their ask. I figure if the gun sits there for months, or a year or more, maybe they will get real and drop the price. Alternatively, the gun might be worth their asking price to them, so that they would just as soon keep the gun instead of selling it for less. Whatever, there are plenty of guns at reasonable prices, so there is, as far as I'm concerned, no need to risk antipathy by trying to get someone with an inflated price to drop it to a reasonable price.

There are also plenty of guns listed on NWFA that are at very reasonable prices for both parties. In that case, if I'm interested, I offer full asking price without dickering.

Im active an a platform specific board and they do not allow comments on classified posts. I completely agree. Thread bubblegumting or comments on classified ads is usually a no no. I shouldn't have to post 'pm me if interested".

Goofballs just start posting about trades even if you were specific you wanted to sell.

I really wish mods would tighten up the classifieds. I've even seen arguments break out. What a joke,

Prices? Yeah... just pay attention and remember who.. so when times are back to normal you remember who not to deal with. No big deal.

Im active an a platform specific board and they do not allow comments on classified posts. I completely agree. Thread bubblegumting or comments on classified ads is usually a no no. I shouldn't have to post 'pm me if interested".

Goofballs just start posting about trades even if you were specific you wanted to sell.

I really wish mods would tighten up the classifieds. I've even seen arguments break out. What a joke,

Prices? Yeah... just pay attention and remember who.. so when times are back to normal you remember who not to deal with. No big deal.

I have to admit, I don't sell much. But I read a lot and have bought a bunch. If comments on ads bother a person a whole bunch, maybe they are too sensitive? I don't know everything about everything in the ads. If a member adds something to an ad that "I" didn't know or wasn't aware of it could help "ME". If a seller is answering questions in that ad, that could also be a help to me. There may even be others that pick up info in the same way. This may or may not be the way ^YOU ^ feel. I just know that if I have an ad up and people post comments it doesn't bother me. This is a community forum, that means a lot of folks. Besides, I have an amazing ability to use a back button, and a scroll wheel, with deft precision!

I've seen arguments too. There's a pretty easy fix to that also. @ preceding "moderator", or the "Report" button at the bottom of your own ad, or the offending members post.

Last Edited:
Asking for a "friend"?

Heck no. IF, I wanted weed I'd grow it! I am a "Gardener" after all. OR, there's like FOUR pot shops within a mile radius of our house in NE PDX. I realized about 8 years ago that weed ain't for me. Smoked in my 20s. That stuff has changed drastically. That 8 years ago I smoked four little tokes of a little skinny joint. 20 minutes later I was rocking back and forth on the sofa wondering how on earth I was going to get dinner going, and Wifey was due home in an hour and a half. I was still bombed when she got home. I felt like my eyes must have been bleeding.

A couple days ago some yo-yo from Los Angeles signed up at 2:30 in the morning and made at least three posts for a buy by mail weed outfit. They have since been deleted and I assume he/she/it was banned.

I miss a lot of the good stuff, in the middle of the night. Sleep is pretty good stuff though. :D

Back on topic!

For the love of GOD, TAKE BETTER PICTURES of the guns you list for sale in the classifieds! Leaning up against a wall in a dimly lit room, 10' from the lens, doesn't do it.

IF you sell something using the board and you're not already a "badged supporter" consider it first then if not, toss a few bucks @Joe Link way via the "donate" button.

Seriously if just 1% of all sales transactions were kickback to the very board that hooked the seller with a buyer, I bet that the "donate" button would not need to be there. Selling firearm bits is getting harder and harder online these days. Especially locally! Recognize it and support it. ;)

Sell $500 gun, kick in $5. Cleaned up on selling that 9mm case for $400, kick in $4. Easy and will not break the bank and helps the board be here the next time you want to sell your gear. :)

:s0013::s0013::s0013::s0013::s0013::s0013::s0013::s0013::s0013:

I know this is :s0013:, but please close your ads when item is not available anymore. :cool:
I've noticed a lot of that lately and it's getting annoying as all get out!:mad: Even more annoying is when someone asks if item is still available, OP has logged on and seen but, still to stupid to respond and let someone know or close ad.:(

'Cause this has been happening a lot lately....

The forum rules require a asking price on a "For Sale" ad....
As long as there is a price...the seller can ask whatever they want.

The classified sales ad is not the place to discuss or comment on the item's price.

If you like the price....then buy the item...
If you don't like the price...then:
Move on with no comment....
Or...
Make a counter offer via a PM.

Many of those that insist on commenting about a "High Price " / " Price Gouging "...
Remind me of the some of the whiny 2nd graders I work with on the school playground.
Andy

'Cause this has been happening a lot lately....

The forum rules require a asking price on a "For Sale" ad....
As long as there is a price...the seller can ask whatever they want.

The classified sales ad is not the place to discuss or comment on the item's price.

If you like the price....then buy the item...
If you don't like the price...then:
Move on with no comment....
Or...
Make a counter offer via a PM.

Many of those that insist on commenting about a "High Price " / " Price Gouging "...
Remind me of the some of the whiny 2nd graders I work with on the school playground.
Andy

Leave the PTSA, and the district admin out of this!! :s0118:

:s0140:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR