JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I LOLd hard at an add here where a certain glass tobacco smoking pipe, yep definitely a tobacco smoke pipe, was in the picture.

Not that it has to be said, sadly it does, do not take a picture of a gun you are trying to sell with your "tobacco" pipe in it!

One I've been getting a lot lately.

"I see your not willing to come over to this side of Portland..."

"No, my ad addresses that."

"Well if I drive there, can you take off $20 for my gas?"

"No, if I drive over to you, will you give me an extra $20 for my gas?"

Crickets...

When I brought you those projectiles we took the scenic route. Let's see, that was an extra 35 miles added, uh, that calculates to, mmm, $8.63. :D

That's a case of "I really want money, but OOH SHINY!" And good luck controlling that part of human nature...
:rolleyes:
No interest in controlling it. Having the ability to say WTS except for these specific trades would be EXPLOITING that behavior, not controlling it. (Or at least, building site functionality to support what is intrinsic human nature, rather than force us to fight against it)

No interest in controlling it. Having the ability to say WTS except for these specific trades would be EXPLOITING that behavior, not controlling it. (Or at least, building site functionality to support what is intrinsic human nature, rather than force us to fight against it)
As the poster, you should post WTS/WTT if you post an ad and would want to trade, even if it's only one trade interest.
I believe it can also be editted by the seller.
I'm just saying I don't know how the site can keep people from using it incorrectly or stop people from being finicky.

Having looked at a lot of classifieds, there are many, many occurrences of people listing as WTS, being asked about trades, and then saying sure and listing interests.

Perhaps the site should be more explicit when posting by having an 'interests' box for those posting as WTS but with specific trade interest possibilities? @Joe Link

Though people still use the acronyms in their ads, they're redundant now. With the new system the seller has to check boxes indicating whether they want to sell, want to trade, or both, before the system will allow the ad to be posted. This info in then reflected in both the list of ads and at the top of each ad, so there shouldn't be any confusion.

Ad List

1576520734814.png

In Ad

1576520778740.png

Though people still use the acronyms in their ads, they're redundant now. With the new system the seller has to check boxes indicating whether they want to sell, want to trade, or both, before the system will allow the ad to be posted. This info in then reflected in both the list of ads and at the top of each ad, so there shouldn't be any confusion.

Ad List

View attachment 641661

In Ad

View attachment 641662

I was more envisioning a system that offered the ability to set trade parameters. For example (and yes, this is an example), I want to sell my DW Guardian for cash but I'd entertain a trade of a Gen5 Glock17 + Cash.

It's not really a true "for trade" scenario because of the limited trade options. Ideally, this is databased somehow so that someone who had a Glock could easily toss it into the For Trade Search Engine to see who is looking.

Perhaps I'm overcomplicating things but the initial conversation that spurred the points was people listing as only WTS, then being asked in comments about trades, and then them being open to one or two things.

The above process negates the use of the only WTS listing as trades are semi on the table in reality. But, doing this in comments makes it difficult to search through listings. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was more envisioning a system that offered the ability to set trade parameters. For example (and yes, this is an example), I want to sell my DW Guardian for cash but I'd entertain a trade of a Gen5 Glock17 + Cash.

It's not really a true "for trade" scenario because of the limited trade options. Ideally, this is databased somehow so that someone who had a Glock could easily toss it into the For Trade Search Engine to see who is looking.

Perhaps I'm overcomplicating things but the initial conversation that spurred the points was people listing as only WTS, then being asked in comments about trades, and then them being open to one or two things.

The above process negates the use of the only WTS listing as trades are semi on the table in reality. But, doing this in comments makes it difficult to search through listings. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah, I gotcha! I love the idea, unfortunately that's beyond the capabilities of the current system. I'll add this to the wishlist though :)

The OP post says that paid memberships can delete ads. This is no longer true after the update, correct? That still bugs me that I can't do so. I have always deleted my ads on every forum I have ever sold stuff of any kind. I do wish you would bring this ability back to the site

The OP post says that paid memberships can delete ads. This is no longer true after the update, correct? That still bugs me that I can't do so. I have always deleted my ads on every forum I have ever sold stuff of any kind. I do wish you would bring this ability back to the site

Correct, I modified the first post. If we can figure out a way of doing it without a negative impact we're going to bring that feature back.

Correct, I modified the first post. If we can figure out a way of doing it without a negative impact we're going to bring that feature back.

I've found myself returning to my old, locked ads so as to write up feedback or even just remind myself of the sale. I see no reason for those ads to add to the clutter of the site...but perhaps they could be "archived" and go private (like conversations) so that I continue to have access to them but they are hidden from the rest...?

Some sellers could benefit by checking the new price for their gun on gun.deals before posting their ads. It appears that some people overpay by hundreds of dollars and then try to sell the used gun for that price when a buyer can find it new for much less, even after taxes. The same for ammo, ammoseek.com is a useful comparator.

@joelink

The ability to delete my classified ads or other posts was one of the reasons I chose to be a supporting member. Restoring the feature would be necessary to assure my continued support.

I have a member who is buying items from three separate listings I posted. Can I leave him a review for each listing?

Also I had been in negotiations with a another member on a different listing. I ultimately turned down his offer but he handled the negotiations exceptionally well. Can I leave a review for him even though I turned down his offer and sold the item to someone else.

Thanks.

P.S. The NWFA classifieds are the best, they really put armslist to shame.

I have a member who is buying items from three separate listings I posted. Can I leave him a review for each listing?

Also I had been in negotiations with a another member on a different listing. I ultimately turned down his offer but he handled the negotiations exceptionally well. Can I leave a review for him even though I turned down his offer and sold the item to someone else.

Thanks.

I'd go with absolutely on the first question. You may have to do so over 3 days. It would be helpful to others to link in what each review was for, the review gives the link option.

On the second question, review for good communications but no deal?No. IMO.

Thanks.

Why not just mention in a single review the three deals in one with the person?

If no deal was ever finalized, IMO, I wouldn't consider that feedback worthy. Not that it would happen, or that I'd expect it, BUT, if there were no exchange of good/money then you really don't know if the guy was honest or not? Just sayin'.

Edit: There are no solid rules on feedback, other than common sense and to be truthful. So there's that.:D

Thanks.

I'd just leave him one, assuming it's one transaction. That's really what you're rating (rather than the items).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top