JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Buyer, agreed to buy it Sunday and asked if Monday or Tuesday evening would work best and he picked Tuesday evening.

I suspect that someone else bought it or offered more money.
In any case, I feel people here should be cautious about leaving bad feedback for something simply not working out. But in your case you had agreed to be in the area, and were. He flaked. Neutral feedback isn't going to hurt him any and may make him be a little more responsible in the future. These are simple things that the older generation take seriously. Many of the younger people seem to not have the same senses of simple decency.

It's up to you though.

I'm gonna admit, I don't know the circumstances of where you'd make the transfer or how filing the paperwork would go down (never sold a gun actually).
And not knowing I might be a little skeptical of that and back out too.
Take a picture of ID and enter it into my A&D book. Easy to verify the license.

I know they're not top shelf high-dollar guns, but aside from that, does the issue of 1 gun having a malfunction in its history damage the appeal of the listing as a whole? Should I split them up?
Thread '.40 s&w pair + extras - please read' https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/40-s-w-pair-extras-please-read.460468/
You have 3 significant things working against you.
1 , they're Sigmas.
2 , .40 cal
3 , it's the beginning of Broke season. And this year the brokeness is strong.

No offense to you or your listings, just some basic facts. And I actually think you created a good ad.

You have 3 significant things working against you.
1 , they're Sigmas.
2 , .40 cal
3 , it's the beginning of Broke season. And this year the brokeness is strong.

No offense to you or your listings, just some basic facts. And I actually think you created a good ad.
Thank you. Broke season is why people buy these. Broke season for me is all year round 🙃, hence ^^. I actually like these guns a lot, though, they're a tad better than Sigma, but that's like saying a '98 Ford Ranger is a tad better than the '94 Ford Ranger. At the end of the day, it's an old Ford Ranger. If the brokenness wasn't so strong right now, I wouldn't even be listing them. .40 is one of my favorites. I'm one of those guys, yeah... But I got a little CZ 75 compact in 9mm that's turning me more towards the soft shooters, so I'm gonna step away from the .40's for a little bit. More, I'm wondering if the one failure devalues the whole listing

Thank you. Broke season is why people buy these. Broke season for me is all year round 🙃, hence ^^. I actually like these guns a lot, though, they're a tad better than Sigma, but that's like saying a '98 Ford Ranger is a tad better than the '94 Ford Ranger. At the end of the day, it's an old Ford Ranger. If the brokenness wasn't so strong right now, I wouldn't even be listing them. .40 is one of my favorites. I'm one of those guys, yeah... But I got a little CZ 75 compact in 9mm that's turning me more towards the soft shooters, so I'm gonna step away from the .40's for a little bit. More, I'm wondering if the one failure devalues the whole listing
My overall input would be that a buyer with a discretionary Grand burning a hole in the pocket isn't looking for 2 .40s

The ad says he is willing to split it all up. So that's not the issue. The issue is, at least partially, folks aren't buying! Also, with 114 still up in the air, as well as mag restrictions elsewhere, folks are leery to buy anything with the original standard capacity magazines.

I have some experience with these pistols. Although not terribly popular, I had no negative experience of any kind with them. If it's the only pistol I had, I would not be deficient.

I also think, with $300+ worth of ammo and $100+ worth of mags and accessories, all these extras are lost in the ad. I would sell the ammo, at least, separately.

Last Edited:
It's a sigma.
It's a .40

That's the issue at $500 a piece…. Keep in mind accessories RARELY bump the price up. At that price point you can buy brand new handguns.

Just my .02

I know they're not top shelf high-dollar guns, but aside from that, does the issue of 1 gun having a malfunction in its history damage the appeal of the listing as a whole? Should I split them up?
Thread '.40 s&w pair + extras - please read' https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/40-s-w-pair-extras-please-read.460468/

Personally, I'd split them up. As mentioned, $1000 for anything right now is a tough sell, let alone everything you've got.

Used SV's are $275'ish at best? That's with 2 mags.

Holsters are hit and miss. Some people don't like used things that have touched the skin of others. Holsters may get you $25ea???

The ammo is a different story. Factory ammo still holds its value.

My son shot my SV40 and loved it. I gave it to him. He didn't want my holster (which i didn't blame him). I've been looking to replace it ever since. I personally think it's something nice to keep in a nightstand, "under the seat", in a backpack, etc. when traveling.

*If you were traveling out of state and something "ugly" happened, and they confiscated your firearm, would you want them to confiscate your SV40 or your Wilson Combat?

Honestly, I wouldn't pay $500 for 1/2 of what you have posted. You may be able to move the stuff if it were broken up into smaller sales than splitting everything in half.

Just my $0.02

YMMV

:s0092:

It's a sigma.
It's a .40

That's the issue at $500 a piece…. Keep in mind accessories RARELY bump the price up. At that price point you can buy brand new handguns.

Just my .02
Good point.
In the used market here's what the competition might look like :
Screen-Shot-09-26-23-at-10-00-AM.png

All sellers are, not just you. Unless you're trying to purge clutter from your safe I would keep it until the market improves. Gun buying usually increases as elections approach due to the threat of more bans.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top