JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember the crank type phone we had in the kitchen. Our ring was two longs and two shorts. Mom would frequently need to tell the neighbor to mind their own business and get off the line.

I remember the crank type phone we had in the kitchen. Our ring was two longs and two shorts. Mom would frequently need to tell the neighbor to mind their own business and get off the line.
I bow to your age and wisdom. :s0152:

Our party line was with Grandma. She live next to us with one empty lot between the houses. I remember something like pic up the phone, dial four numbers and then hang up. When it rang Grandma had picked up so now we would pick up again and talk. You always had to listen first, before you started dialing, to make an outgoing call to make sure the other "Party" wasn't already using the phone.

Rant Mode On: Guy has a part listed here for months with no takers, he's in OR and I'm in WA. The part is small and probably weighs no more than 4 oz. I offer to buy it at his price shipped and he says that he wants a local buyer, his prerogative but WTF! Rant Mode Off...:s0057:

Rant Mode On: Guy has a part listed here for months with no takers, he's in OR and I'm in WA. The part is small and probably weighs no more than 4 oz. I offer to buy it at his price shipped and he says that he wants a local buyer, his prerogative but WTF! Rant Mode Off...:s0057:

Maybe offer his asking price plus the cost of shipping?

:s0092:

Or maybe accept he's not gonna ship, and look for the part elsewhere.

I run across folks often, insisting on local FTF sales. I don't push the issue, and I don't lose sleep.

I have a fair number of positive trade ratings. If I'm uncomfortable with a given buyer or seller, I might also insist on a FTF. And if they freak out, then I'm even more sure I made the right call.

For all that is HOLY, When you need to sell something. Something expensive, like a GUN! With lots of moving parts, and things to wear, or rust, dent, fade. And you want OVER $1,000.00. That is one, thousand, dollars! TEN one hundred dollar bills!
Learn how to take pictures and post them. I can do it for hell's sake! And I'm not very smart!
Good lord people! Another gun in the ads for a K with no pictures. Sure, I can go online and look at the model. But I shouldn't have to ask for pics. And get a little light on the gun in those pictures. You know, so you might actually see the finish? Try looking at the picture before you post it on the board? Put all your feet in the picture for all I care. Just get some damned light in there so we can actually see the gun.

Rant Over. For know. :s0155:

For all that is HOLY, When you need to sell something. Something expensive, like a GUN! With lots of moving parts, and things to wear, or rust, dent, fade. And you want OVER $1,000.00. That is one, thousand, dollars! TEN one hundred dollar bills!
Learn how to take pictures and post them. I can do it for hell's sake! And I'm not very smart!
Good lord people! Another gun in the ads for a K with no pictures. Sure, I can go online and look at the model. But I shouldn't have to ask for pics. And get a little light on the gun in those pictures. You know, so you might actually see the finish? Try looking at the picture before you post it on the board? Put all your feet in the picture for all I care. Just get some damned light in there so we can actually see the gun.

It would help if the photos are in focus, too. And camera is on a tripod, not hand held.
Every used gun has minor scratches. If I don't see any I figure you have buffed finish and removed who knows how much rust, pitting, etc.
Depth of focus should be deep enough to show most of gun in focus. You can get this by setting aperture as small as possible that still gives adequate light.
Avoid glare and whiteouts by doing photos outdoors in overcast light. Alternately you can use a Polarizing filter.
It will take multiple photos to show both sides and all parts of the gun adequately.
A photo of the whole gun is a good place to start but doesn't show the details well enough.

Last Edited:
It would help if the photos are in focus, too. And camera is on a tripod, not hand held.
Every used gun has minor scratches. If I don't see any I figure you have buffed finish and removed who knows how much rust, pitting, etc.
Depth of focus should be deep enough to show most of gun in focus. You can get this by setting aperture as small as possible that still gives adequate light.
Avoid glare and whiteouts by doing photos outdoors in overcast light. Alternately you can use a Polaroid filter.
It will take multiple photos to show both sides and all parts of the gun adequately.
A photo of the whole gun is a good place to start but doesn't show the details well enough.
I'll admit, the pics I take aren't that good. Compared to some folks here that have it down pretty good, But I try. I look at the pic on the camera, and on the computer before posting.

OVER $1,000.00. That is one, thousand, dollars! TEN one hundred dollar bills!
Learn how to take pictures and post them.
As a consumer it's not my job to build value into somebodies vague listing! I shouldn't have to request that the OP provides more detailed photos. 9X out of 10 they get all booty hurt and insulted when you inquire for more. Just piggybacking your rant. :D

As a consumer it's not my job to build value into somebodies vague listing! I shouldn't have to request that the OP provides more detailed photos. 9X out of 10 they get all booty hurt and insulted when you inquire for more. Just piggybacking your rant. :D
It might help if there was an explanation. I'm an older guy, and not tech savvy at all. I don't use a cell phone, and when I need to answer the wife's phone I have to look around for the answer button. And the hang-up! So if a seller said "Hey, sorry no pictures, I can't figure it out", would be different. We'd have to figure something out.

I got one.

Please do not say "I will take it!" then just disappear.... at least tell the person that you changed your mind.
That is ok to do ya know... :rolleyes:

And double... :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I got one, please do not say "I will take it!" then just disappear.... At least tell the person that you changed your mind, that is ok to do ya know... :rolleyes:

And double... :rolleyes:
You can bet if I put "I'll Take it" up there, that I'm getting right on opening a convo!

You can bet if I put "I'll Take it" up there, that I'm getting right on opening a convo!
Then what the H E double hockey sticks man! I have a NIB Eotech EXPS3 with your name on it just waiting for you!!!

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

"Email for pics" is code for "I can't post pics."
In that case, pay the neighbor kid $5.00 and he'll do it.

My favorite is the dirty feet, beige carpet, out of focus gun and sideways or upside down.
Championship trophy right there.

:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews