JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Old ads do not bother me. Dumb Shi...t.s commenting below an ad really gets to me. "Good luck with the sale" "if I lived closer". "Wow great price". Or worse, commenting that's it's overpriced. That should get you a weeks ban.

PM IF INTERESTED

Nobody can read. And no I won't trade for that stolen laptop. The post F ing said FOR SALE. Rant over

Apparently some members don't know what replying to a classified with "I'll take it" means. Sorry, Facebook Marketplace lifers it does not translate into "Im interested" or l'll mull it over" or "Can you hold it till I get my stimulus" I'm not a layaway department or UNICEF. Money talks and the tire kickers and flakes can go play on Wish.

even supporting members are flakes, and never follow through or just ignore you. cant have the courtesy to say no longer interested

Yeah and it only takes a donation to seem like your more serious to sellers but then in turn flake and just dip there toes even for a month. Another reason why POSITIVE feedback is important!

I keep having people offer to buy things and then cease all communication. Problem is I will receive multiple offers but always respond to the first offer before moving on, do these "ghosters" warrant feedback of any type to warn future sellers?

I keep having people offer to buy things and then cease all communication. Problem is I will receive multiple offers but always respond to the first offer before moving on, do these "ghosters" warrant feedback of any type to warn future sellers?
Absolutely leave a thumbs down for them. I use to just let it to go for fear or retaliation but Joe will remove erroneous or malicious feedback upon request.

Absolutely leave a thumbs down for them. I use to just let it to go for fear or retaliation but Joe will remove erroneous or malicious feedback upon request.
I have been on the fence about it for awhile because I did not want to get in a "tit for tat" type situation and have my reputation damaged. However, it's become dramatically worse in recent weeks. I think what I will start doing is offer a disclaimer in the ad detailing that an offer to buy and then ceasing communication will represent a negative feedback.

I have been on the fence about it for awhile because I did not want to get in a "tit for tat" type situation and have my reputation damaged. However, it's become dramatically worse in recent weeks. I think what I will start doing is offer a disclaimer in the ad detailing that an offer to buy and then ceasing communication will represent a negative feedback.

Just what are you out? Personally, I think people are being a little too persnickety sometimes with would-be buyers. If you communicate to a would-be buyer to get back to you by a certain time, for instance, and they don't? Move on to the next buyer.

It's all up to you to decide if you want to make a stink about tire kickers or not. But is it really worth it to punish people with negative feedback because they didn't get back to you? And then go through the process of leaving negative feedback/receiving negative feedback and having negative feedback removed?

Just what are you out? Personally, I think people are being a little too persnickety sometimes with would-be buyers. If you communicate to a would-be buyer to get back to you by a certain time, for instance, and they don't? Move on to the next buyer.

It's all up to you to decide if you want to make a stink about tire kickers or not. But is it really worth it to punish people with negative feedback because they didn't get back to you? And then go through the process of leaving negative feedback/receiving negative feedback and having negative feedback removed?
You make some good points, however this is not Craigslist. If you have ever dealt with buyers on Craigslist you know what I am talking about. I think that it's in everyone's interest to maintain a level of decorum otherwise we will descend into the same issues other classified platforms have.

You make some good points, however this is not Craigslist. If you have ever dealt with buyers on Craigslist you know what I am talking about. I think that it's in everyone's interest to maintain a level of decorum otherwise we will descend into the same issues other classified platforms have.

I don't disagree with you. And for the record, I've never dealt with Craig's list other than being burned by fire-WOOD dealers. ;) but I've heard enough stories. I'll also say I have never had anything close to what your describe in the 78+ deals I've done with members here in the last 10 years. I have a feeling a lot of the complaints like yours coming up here are due to the new way of communicating via nothing but texts. There's an entire new wave of discourteousness within the millennial's and gen-Zers too I just don't see your ratings for those types making a bit of difference. You should do what you want to do though. I won't be getting a bad rating from this problem! :D

Yeah, a disclaimer sounds good, but maybe not use the feedback hammer. More like, "Serious offers only, please". And that could work both ways. I've had more experience with sellers who never respond to an offer. (That leaves me to wonder if they're just not riding herd on their FS ad, or if they're silently waiting for a higher offer . . . or a "better" buyer. Odds are, though, they already made their sale and just went away without closing their FS ad.)

So, I've thought about including a disclaimer with my offer, something like this: "Looking to hear back from you soon; if no reply by ________ evening, consider this offer withdrawn".

I wonder, though - is that maybe too mild to be effective? I also thought about being more to the point: "If I don't hear from you within ___ hours, I'll take my money to someone serious about selling". :p

Last Edited:
The Craigslist, LetGo, and Facebook Market Place mentality has definitely infiltrated the classifieds here. There is no accountability on those venues and apparently $#i+ rolls up hill. I've been logging in here since 2013 and I have left all of two thumbs down feedbacks both of which have been handed out in the past 7 months. I look at others feedback that are interacting with me. If we don't utilize this forum tool the floodgates will just open further. Like I mentioned in a previous reply, I use to just let the bad apples go but that is no longer the case. I've mulled over and chirped previously about inserting a disclaimer but no matter how you word or sugar coat, it still comes off a bit negative looking and that could potentially push members to move on from your listing. So I'll put it right here for all to digest. If you contact a seller and tell them "I'll Take It" in my book that's the equivalent of bidding or clicking the buy it now button and you better be prepared with funds and an opening in your schedule to follow through with your commitment. If you flake or ghost, count on being reported to mods and having the appropriate feedback posted to your profile. I'm not just preaching against potential buyers, this goes both directions. If I as a seller agree to sell you something and ghost you or flake on the meet up by all means let me have it.

This has been happening to me a lot lately. In the past month I've had about 10 transactions fall through. It's very frustrating especially when you clear time from your day to make things work.

I'm perusing the rifle ads and seeing some real fiiiine, fairly high end stuff. Is it really that tough to take some decent pictures? A good portion of the ads are from members that have been here for a few years or more and have some feedback too. Five pictures of a $1,500.00-$2,500.00 rifle from 4'-6' away, and they won't even enlarge? And in the dark! People selling less valuable pieces on GunBroker will put up 20-40 decent pics.

I'm not in the market for anything for some time now since I sent my paper work in for a CMP Garand last week, so it's just window shopping. If I were thinking of buying I'd be hesitant to drive anywhere and take up someone's time to do a good close up inspection. Unless it was some "Holy Grail" gun.

This is long overdue IMO. So without further adieu:

1. Try to always include pictures. Even if the item is BNIB. It helps. trust me.

2. If its a WTS ad, chances are they aren't looking for trades. Money talks. If the OP says no trades, don't offer trades!

3. Please don't title ads like this:
WTS OR: and WA too blah blah gun stuff
The tag is for where the item is located, NOT where you're willing to sell.

4. Do not thread cr@p, meaning don't post links to online sellers with better pricing. Don't comment on how you think it's a bad deal. If you're interested, send a Convo and please don't put your phone number and email address out in the open. In other words, if you don't have anything nice to say, move on and let it be. Even if it is for a $100 brick of Thunderbolts.

5. Keep your ad updated and accurate, and if you sell your item close it. This can be done at the top right of the first post under "Thread Tools", then uncheck the option for "Open".

6. To make sure pictures aren't mixed in with the description, type the whole description then hit enter a couple of times. THEN upload your pics and insert them. It will keep them below the typed post and not mixed in between.

7. Make sure you start with a thoughtful and ACCURATE thread title. After 5 minutes you CANNOT edit it and then I or another Mod has to.

8. You want to be able to bump your ad to the top of the list more often? Again, Supporting Membership has privileges. Really guys, it's not that much.

9. Finally, if you have a group of items that are very similar, list them together with pictures and pricing. You can edit your post anytime something sells unlike title edits. So list a whole bunch of ammo with a title like "WTS OR: Large lot of various ammo calibers" then just edit the thread body as stuff moves.

And to finish this off, please familiarize yourself with the rules to be a member here at NWFA.

Community Rules

Thank you.
This great ...but holy price gouging!!! I don't mind people making a buck . But 4 -5 times above retail. Come in man!!!

This great ...but holy price gouging!!! I don't mind people making a buck . But 4 -5 times above retail. Come in man!!!

All you can do is ignore them, and know that you are the better person for passing on comments. Or like I think, I'll just step over or around that turd. I won't step in it!

1. Try to always include pictures. Even if the item is BNIB. It helps. trust me.

This, seriously.

If I click into an ad and there's no pictures; I can't think of any positive reason the seller didn't include one. All possibilities are negative. That includes ads with links to pictures or "email me for pictures".

The seller is hiding something
The seller is too inept to post pictures (which makes me wonder who did the maintenance on the thing they're selling)
The seller is too lazy (which makes me wonder if they'll even bother to meet or ship)

Also, a note to sellers: Pictures posted on any web hosting site will NOT be seen by people behind a .mil server, they don't get through. So unless your intent is to exclude the military post the picture here.

SAS12.jpg

Don't know if this has been brought up but I see a ton of ads that are responded to and then no response from the creator (Jesus is like that).
It's pretty comical at times.
Anyway, ye fecking dolts, if you're the creator, "watch" your ads.. you will be notified of any activity in your ad.
If you're responding to an ad, don't assume the creator watches his ads so hit the "quote" button to give your response context and it notifies the creator that you have responded to his ad.
You should also actually private message the creator as I feel those hold more weight would push come to shove in some instances.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top