Classified ads etiquette, tips and tricks

Mikej

Reactions
Asking for a "friend"?
Heck no. IF, I wanted weed I'd grow it! I am a "Gardener" after all. OR, there's like FOUR pot shops within a mile radius of our house in NE PDX. I realized about 8 years ago that weed ain't for me. Smoked in my 20s. That stuff has changed drastically. That 8 years ago I smoked four little tokes of a little skinny joint. 20 minutes later I was rocking back and forth on the sofa wondering how on earth I was going to get dinner going, and Wifey was due home in an hour and a half. I was still bombed when she got home. I felt like my eyes must have been bleeding.

A couple days ago some yo-yo from Los Angeles signed up at 2:30 in the morning and made at least three posts for a buy by mail weed outfit. They have since been deleted and I assume he/she/it was banned.
I miss a lot of the good stuff, in the middle of the night. Sleep is pretty good stuff though. :D

IF you sell something using the board and you're not already a "badged supporter" consider it first then if not, toss a few bucks @Joe Link way via the "donate" button.

Seriously if just 1% of all sales transactions were kickback to the very board that hooked the seller with a buyer, I bet that the "donate" button would not need to be there. Selling firearm bits is getting harder and harder online these days. Especially locally! Recognize it and support it. ;)

Sell $500 gun, kick in $5. Cleaned up on selling that 9mm case for $400, kick in $4. Easy and will not break the bank and helps the board be here the next time you want to sell your gear. :)

HA556

Reactions
:s0013::s0013::s0013::s0013::s0013::s0013::s0013::s0013::s0013:

I know this is :s0013:, but please close your ads when item is not available anymore. :cool:
I've noticed a lot of that lately and it's getting annoying as all get out!:mad: Even more annoying is when someone asks if item is still available, OP has logged on and seen but, still to stupid to respond and let someone know or close ad.:(

Andy54Hawken

Reactions
'Cause this has been happening a lot lately....

The forum rules require a asking price on a "For Sale" ad....
As long as there is a price...the seller can ask whatever they want.

The classified sales ad is not the place to discuss or comment on the item's price.

If you like the price....then buy the item...
If you don't like the price...then:
Move on with no comment....
Or...
Make a counter offer via a PM.

Many of those that insist on commenting about a "High Price " / " Price Gouging "...
Remind me of the some of the whiny 2nd graders I work with on the school playground.
Andy

'Cause this has been happening a lot lately....

The forum rules require a asking price on a "For Sale" ad....
As long as there is a price...the seller can ask whatever they want.

The classified sales ad is not the place to discuss or comment on the item's price.

If you like the price....then buy the item...
If you don't like the price...then:
Move on with no comment....
Or...
Make a counter offer via a PM.

Many of those that insist on commenting about a "High Price " / " Price Gouging "...
Remind me of the some of the whiny 2nd graders I work with on the school playground.
Andy

Leave the PTSA, and the district admin out of this!! :s0118:

:s0140:

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
DRRC .22 Rimfire Challenge Oct 10
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Oregon State Steel Challenge Championship
Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association
Millican, OR 97701, USA
Miller's Quarry Clean-Up
Miller's Quarry
Miller Rd, Mt Hood Village, OR 97067, USA
Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom)
Seattle, WA, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Triple B Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Triple B Guns
    This isn't really a review as we own the store but rather an invitation to come down and visit us. We specialize in hard to find unique guns but...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
Top Bottom