JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've noticed people don't seem to respond to messages if there not happy with the offer I'm pitching. 😆

I don't really get that in all honesty. It only takes a second or two to reply "no I'm not interested" or "no I'm firm on price."

I'm quite the introvert but still respond to any messages folks send me even if it's a "naw I'll pass."

I've noticed people don't seem to respond to messages if there not happy with the offer I'm pitching. 😆

I don't really get that in all honesty. It only takes a second or two to reply "no I'm not interested" or "no I'm firm on price."

I'm quite the introvert but still respond to any messages folks send me even if it's a "naw I'll pass."
In my opinion it's disrespectful and rude, but that's common practice these days. Some people don't have anything good to say, in which case, I suppose it's better to say nothing at all.

Well if you're offering $250.00 for a pristine SIG, P-whatever, that the guy wants $500.00 and retails for $800.00 new? :s0113:

I don't have to deal with that, I don't seem to sell guns.

This is long overdue IMO. So without further adieu:

1. Try to always include pictures. Even if the item is BNIB. It helps. trust me.

2. If its a WTS ad, chances are they aren't looking for trades. Money talks. If the OP says no trades, don't offer trades!

3. Please don't title ads like this:
WTS OR: and WA too blah blah gun stuff
The tag is for where the item is located, NOT where you're willing to sell.

4. Do not thread cr@p, meaning don't post links to online sellers with better pricing. Don't comment on how you think it's a bad deal. If you're interested, send a Convo and please don't put your phone number and email address out in the open. In other words, if you don't have anything nice to say, move on and let it be. Even if it is for a $100 brick of Thunderbolts.

5. Keep your ad updated and accurate, and if you sell your item close it. This can be done at the top right of the first post under "Thread Tools", then uncheck the option for "Open".

6. To make sure pictures aren't mixed in with the description, type the whole description then hit enter a couple of times. THEN upload your pics and insert them. It will keep them below the typed post and not mixed in between.

7. Make sure you start with a thoughtful and ACCURATE thread title. After 5 minutes you CANNOT edit it and then I or another Mod has to.

8. You want to be able to bump your ad to the top of the list more often? Again, Supporting Membership has privileges. Really guys, it's not that much.

9. Finally, if you have a group of items that are very similar, list them together with pictures and pricing. You can edit your post anytime something sells unlike title edits. So list a whole bunch of ammo with a title like "WTS OR: Large lot of various ammo calibers" then just edit the thread body as stuff moves.

And to finish this off, please familiarize yourself with the rules to be a member here at NWFA.

Community Rules

Thank you.
Great post, much appreciated.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR