JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Saw many of the acts that came through Portland and Salem from 1966-1976 when I left to see the world, some more than a few times:

Edgar Winter's White Trash, Sabbath, Zep, Buddy Miles, Grand Funk, Grateful Dead, Jeff Beck, Black Oak Arkansas, Who, Seger, Aerosmith, Kansas, Bad Co., Dr. John, Journey, Thin Lizzy, Johnny Winter, Dave Mason, Joe Walsh, Skynyrd (3 different pre-crash lineups), Jo Jo Gunne, Ronnie Montrose, Joe Cocker, Outlaws, Zappa, Blue Oyster Cult, ZZ Top, Fleetwood Mac (pre-Nicks), War, Wishbone Ash, Paul Butterfield, even the Supremes at an auto show or something at the Coliseum - just to name a few.

I have keen memories of how some of those bands were new opening acts, pretty much unknowns - and completely destroyed the headliners.

And I'll never forget when my dad, art director at the Oregonian for 20 years, got us backstage for a BB King concert at the Keller. I sat under the grand piano stage-right while Pop wandered and sketched. Shook BB's hand and got his autograph after the show. Can't find it now, and I wish I could.

Like some here, I'm uninterested in "Classic Rock" stations in all big cities. When they announce "Here's 3 in a row from <some big 60's-70's band>," I can usually tell you which 3 songs they have queued up, at least 2 of them. Most "classic rock" bands made several albums, rich with really fine material. Top 40 or not, I wish we could hear more of that variety on the radio. I believe there would be a market.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top