JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Boy that phrase sure makes me feel old!!! First concert was Lynard Skynard in 1970 at 14 yrs old & many many up till last night when we saw Joe Walsh (special guest) & Bob Seger in Tacoma!!!:rockon:
Even with most of my hearing long gone I still enjoyed it & felt like a teen again for a little while, payin for it today though...

I' m with you. The wife and I lost about three hours this afternoon watching youtube videos of Pink Floyd, AC/DC, The Stones and Led Zeppelin.

Know what you mean about feeling old.. LOL.. first concert was Jimi Hendrix/Janis Joplin @ Sicks' Stadium off Rainier Ave.. we were too young and poor to afford tickets, so we snuck in through the fence in the back.. what a memory, was 14 in 1969..

I had a horrifying experience the other day. I was headed home from the Albany gun show and decided to listen to 92.3 KGON, figured on some classic rock to change it up a bit. Punched the button on my stereo and what's playing? Metallica, Enter Sandman from the Black Album. Stunned, I glanced down to verify it was 92.3 and found out shockingly it was!! I began to panic, my birthday was tomorrow and I wasn't that old, but I remember the Black Album coming out in 91, it isn't classic rock? I calmed down and though to myself, "they must have changed the programming after 101.1 went to talk radio. Portland needed another hard rock station, so 92.3 got the boot!" Reaffirmed, that I wasn't old and this wasn't a classic rock station, I continued to listen. Once the song ended, my world turned upside-down with the simple utterance of the station identifier. "You're listening to 92.3, KGON, Portland's only classic rock station!" The 5 second spot sent chills down my spine....oh my GOD....I AM OLD!! Music from my youth is now considered classic rock!! I must have been pale and looked sickly, as the driver next to me was giving me the strangest look. I can only imagine it was because they alone had witness the youth drain from someone, like choosing the wrong cup of Christ in Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade. I have since not dared listen to KGON, for fear that other songs from my youth have slipped into that classification. I have firmly implanted my head in the sand and will not realize I am old. Hmmmm....maybe it's time I go buy that Camaro and attempt to capture some of my youth?

Hate to burst a bubble or two but the term classic rock refers to a type of music not the age of the recording.

I got 2600 LPs 600 CDs 450 cassettes and 200+ 7" reels of mostly classic rock in my collection Classic rock is still being recorded today.

ROCK ON

Classic Rock is a state of mind. Blues or jazz could be the classic rock of those born and raised during an era before loud poorly played sound over no talent vocalist. Beethoven would be the classic rock of a generation 30, 40 years after he died. Don't get me wrong I enjoy and have much of what was recorded in the 60's and 70's. Every generation has their own classic rock. Just as the stuff played today will be the classic rock 30 to 40 years from now. No generation has the patent.
Hate to burst a bubble or two but the term classic rock refers to a type of music not the age of the recording.

I got 2600 LPs 600 CDs 450 cassettes and 200+ 7" reels of mostly classic rock in my collection Classic rock is still being recorded today.

ROCK ON

ROCK ON

What Mark isn't telling you is that he plays everything through a killer 70's silver face Pioneer system that instantly converts all rock into classic rock.

ROCK ON

But no 8-tracks? What were you thinking?! :s0114:

Okay, if I can't claim Louis Armstrong here's another. Got out of the army in 1968 and went home to Manhattan Beach, Ca (born and raised Californian and proud of it). Within two weeks of getting home I heard the LA Free Press was putting on a free concert on the beach at Venice Beach (in those days Venice Beach made San Fran look conservative). The head liner was John Mahal and some other groups I don't remember who. Being two weeks out of the army I wasn't ready for what hit me when I got there. The girls with their no bra see through (if they were wearing a top) and the heavily laced cannabis air was something I had only read about. The music started up on the beach and I did my best to fit in with my close cropped hair and clean pressed shirt. After about 5 min of music I noticed a commotion off to the side of the beach by the Strand. Cop cars and paddy wagons were arriving in mass. The cops get out with riot gear and start pushing people. One image that will stay with me is the sight of a second story window opening and an older lady, probably in her 70's picking up a brick from her window sill and throwing it thru a cop car window. The cops make their way down to the beach, get on the stage and declare the concert an illegal assembly. Well instantly there was a barrage of 1 and 2 gallon wine bottles lobbed at the cop on the stage. Then the two opposing groups; hippies verses cops got in what appeared to be battle lines. By now I had made my way to a safe position where I could watch the whole thing. The cops with riot gear would charge the hippies who would answer with a new barrage of wine bottles. The cops would pull back about 15 to 20 yards and then the whole assault and wine bottle barrage would repeat itself. This went on several times to where the hippies started running out of wine bottles and the cops finally made a successful charge and the crowed dissipated. My first concert.

I’m glad to see vinyl making a come back. Classic Rock forever!! :buttrock:

It never really went away, and I think it may outlast DVD's as a media. Check out the selection at Music Direct: musicdirect.com

My classic rock mostly resides as FLAC files on a dedicated music server, connected to an old wonderous Yamaha amplifier via a DAC. The sound is flawless, but sometimes you need the simplicity and ceremony of an LP. It doesn't hurt that if you keep your eye out you can still score broadcast quality turntables fairly inexpensively.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top