JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Classic Firearms has just lost me as a customer. They sent me an email this afternoon about their $99.00 MN rifles. I went online 10 mins later and tried to buy one. Three hours later I gave up. I was going to buy over $1,000.00 of guns and ammo and now they have lost my business forever. It won't do any good to email them about it as it impossible to get on their site. I will go to SOG, Widner's and SG Ammo to get what I want at not too much more money without wasting 3 hours for nothing. In a week or so I will email them asking to be taken off their mailing list and to have them delete my account with them. The $40.00 or so in savings I was planning on is just not worth the time and aggravation.

Sorry to hear about your trouble. As you can imagine everyone got real excited to hear and see M91's below $100. Our great customers took our link from the email blast and shared it with everyone. Traffic began flooding our website and causing slow downs. Eventually the servers could no longer handle the large amount of visitors.

This is our first extended/unplanned time down in roughly two years. Hopefully you can give us another shot as this was just a one time issue.

Guys, your site design is terrible. I remember when you redesigned it a couple years back and categorized everything. Now it looks like you're doing exactly what you used to do with your site: dropping everything in one giant list in the first page, with full-sized images and needless stuff.

No wonder the site crashed under load. A site should never load that much crap on the first page view.

Hire a pro to maintain your web storefront.

I've had nothing but good luck with Classic Firearms. They've got the Mosin pills for a good price as well. If funds weren't already committed I'd be placing an order with them. I haven't seen this much activity with them since the last shipment of Enfield No.5s.

Guys, your site design is terrible. I remember when you redesigned it a couple years back and categorized everything. Now it looks like you're doing exactly what you used to do with your site: dropping everything in one giant list in the first page, with full-sized images and needless stuff.

No wonder the site crashed under load. A site should never load that much crap on the first page view.

Hire a pro to maintain your web storefront.

Thanks for the feedback

I dunno, I like Classic's site. Besides, this slowdown was obviously a very acute problem brought on by inordinately high traffic, not an extended server issue that they never get around to dealing with. Sheesh, give 'em a break.

I seem to remember our own NWFA's extended website problems a few months ago, and I don't remember a whole lot of folks ranting how they'd never come back.

Keith

That site loads fine for me. It's not the prettiest site around, but it functions as I would hope as of today 11/20/13

These "never going to buy from" and "imma gonna boycott" proclamations are really getting tiring. It's like saying I'm going to boycott Jeep because I was pissed about having to change a flat tire. It comes off more like a childish rant than an actual complaint.

Honestly, if I spent 3 hours trying to load a website that wouldn't load, I would not blame the website for wasting my time.

Classic Firearms has just lost me as a customer. They sent me an email this afternoon about their $99.00 MN rifles. I went online 10 mins later and tried to buy one. Three hours later I gave up. I was going to buy over $1,000.00 of guns and ammo and now they have lost my business forever. It won't do any good to email them about it as it impossible to get on their site. I will go to SOG, Widner's and SG Ammo to get what I want at not too much more money without wasting 3 hours for nothing. In a week or so I will email them asking to be taken off their mailing list and to have them delete my account with them. The $40.00 or so in savings I was planning on is just not worth the time and aggravation.

Are you absolutely sure you weren't on the Obamacare website?

i wish I had the money!!!!!!! I love Mosins!!!!!!

Shortly before his passing, the founder of my company bought one at Big 5, never cleaned it up and shot it, and then for some reason gave it to me along with a box of ammo.

A few weeks later, I was at a garage sale, and the guy had a brand new set of dies, along with the shell holder, for $20.

I really must bust that rifle out of the safe, clean all the grease/cosmoline out of it and shoot the darn thing.

These "never going to buy from" and "imma gonna boycott" proclamations are really getting tiring. It's like saying I'm going to boycott Jeep because I was pissed about having to change a flat tire. It comes off more like a childish rant than an actual complaint.

Honestly, if I spent 3 hours trying to load a website that wouldn't load, I would not blame the website for wasting my time.

No kidding man! Only thing worse is how every thread with ANY negativity toward ANYTHING turns into an Obama bash thread.
Just do like I do, hit the back button if you don't like the thread, OR, don't click on the thread to begin with. Seems it takes more time and effort in a persons life to click and type displeasure of someone's displeasure than just moving on.

Oh, welcome to the board Classic Firearms, way to step up! I liked your site, been thinking of getting my first, functional, long gun and interested in an SKS or and AK.

Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads