JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Practical Rifle is holding their annual Classic Battle Rifle Match this Saturday Aug. 8th.

This is your chance to "Run and Gun" with WWII stuff. There will be some really cool stages and a mystery weapon may be part of the course.

Bring your Mauser, Garand, Mosin Nagant, or whatever, and come out and have fun.

It is really cool shooting these old guns in a combat simulation. It's an eye-opener.

From BluesWarrior:
Our annual Mike Jones Memorial Classic Battle Rifle Match is coming up this Saturday, August 8th. This is an opportunity for you to bring out your classic battle rifle (battle rifles that were in service before 1947) and shoot them against other classics. Modern rifles are welcome to come out, but only the classics will be eligible for certificates and for the grand prize (a classic battle rifle).

FOR THIS MATCH ONLY, steel-core and steel-jacketed ammo is allowed. This is because it can be difficult to find old ammo that is steel free. We will try to use targets that won't be ruined by steel in the projectiles.

The gate code is 223,308 and the match fee is $13. I encourage everyone to tip the scorekeeper $2 so you can be on the final score sheet. Otherwise you can keep your own score and try to figure out where you might have finished.

We will have four stages with none requiring over 16 rounds (unless you miss).

It would be neat if people wore clothing from the era of their classic battle rifles, too. Perhaps we will have a certificate or prize for the best outfit. Don't worry, we won't go cowboy.

As usual, all new shooters must arrive no later than 8:30 am for an orientation to Practical Rifle. The same applies to PR shooters who haven't shot our match for some time (more than a year). The rules have changed a bit.

We will have hats and t-shirts for sale and maybe some 223 brass, so bring some extra cash. Bring some sunblock and food, too.

See you at the range!

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

I will be there. I wont have a classic but looking forward to seeing everyone elses classics in action. Hopefully Randy fixes the fact that none of us can see the targets and have some closer range stuff as well as putting something behind the targets.

I'm glad you posted, because if I hadn't been able to learn that I can use an AR-15 at the match this weekend, I would have passed it up.

Is there an "official" forum for TCGC Practical Rifle, or is this the primary place to find information?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top