JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
INSIDE JOB? Class III Dealer Cleaned Out By Machine Gun Thieves
Posted by Bob Owens on September 23, 2014 at 10:16 am
  • 861 SHARES
empty.jpg
This trailer belonging to Profire Arms & Supply was full of firearms and ammunition before being cleaned-out by what appears to be professional thieves.
Andrew Hall, owner of Profire Arms & Supply in Indianapolis, loaded his trailer this past Friday with firearms and ammunition in preparation for a event he'd be attending on Saturday.
The local media is reporting that 29 weapons—including an Uzi submachine gun, and M16 and AKM assault rifles—are now missing, along with 20,000 rounds of ammunition in what looks like a professional theft.
The trailer had been loaded up and locked Friday night. The guns included M-16 rifles, AK-47s, an Uzi, and different shotgun and handgun models. Other accessories included suppressors.
According to an IMPD incident report, Profire owner Andrew Hall told officers "the ball lock on the tongue was engaged as well as a rear tire lock, and that he has the only key. There was no evidence on the scene that either had been tampered with and there were no obvious signs of tire drag marks."
"We want to recover as many of those weapons as we can so they don't fall into the wrong hands," said IMPD Lt. Chris Bailey. "And that they aren't used to take an innocent life or the life of a police officer."
FOX59 has learned that the guns were being stored in the trailer Friday night in preparation for a Saturday "swap meet" event at Parabellum Firing Range, about five miles down Rockville Road in Avon.
"We couldn't believe it," said Tom Sellmer, owner of Parabellum Firing Rage. "That's like your worst nightmare for something like that to happen."
Sellmer doesn't have any theories on who stole the the trailer but he thinks it must have been someone who either saw Profire employees loading the trailer up on Friday or somebody who knew Profire would be storing and transporting weapons to the firing range the next day.
Profire staff would not confirm the number or type of firearms taken, nor the amount of ammunition when contacted by Bearing Arms. The store employee that we spoke with says that the store was told not to speak to the media by the ATF, and they aren't sure where Fox 59 got their information (our best guess: a leak in the local ATF office).
1609719_10203220622409406_4221622543889128233_n.jpg
This photo from Profire's Facebook page shows some of the firearms and suppressors that may be among those stolen.
The criminals that hit the trailer knew how to defeat both theft-deterrent systems engaged on the trailer without apparently missing a beat, managed to unload a significant number of firearms and a large amount of ammunition without anyone noticing, and then ditched the trailer in a spot where they were having an event with many trailers just like it, so that it virtually disappeared.
This doesn't strike me as the work of amateurs, but instead as the work of criminals who knew in advance that:
  • Profire would be attending an event on Saturday
  • Profire would load their trailer the night before
  • which anti-theft devices the trailer used, and how to defeat them (it almost sounds as if the criminals had a duplicate of the owner's tire lock key)
  • where there would be a good place to unload this large amount of ordnance without witnesses (my guess is inside a warehouse or a similar large building)
  • where to dump the trailer where it wouldn't be noticed right away
1904113_10202977902261554_6834981138923357053_n.jpg
This is an example of what Profire brought to their last event in Avon. Note the M249 SAW on the left. The MG42 on the floor (right) was out for repairs and was not likely on the trailer. (Image via Facebook)
If the arms are as the media described—a mix of NFA weapons including assault rifles and submachine guns among others—it really is a worst-case scenario.
Let's hope that these weapons are recovered soon, though I have a guy feeling that these firearms are long gone already, and probably on their way to a buyer

In today's day and age, especially businesses are reliant upon farcebooking/letting the world know what they are up to so an astute scumbag could certainly capitalize upon such an opening.
I also know that "toy trailers" are particularly targeted just as a general rule, especially those parked in a Motel 6 etc. parking lot in the middle of the night.
Hey, did they ever find that Secret Service heavy roller stuffed with the good stuff that was stolen during a presidential detail not so long ago?
They did it wrong.. shoulda had an armed and vested man guarding it day and night.. looks like that trailer woulda accommodated a cot for the snoozing/night time detail.

They make alarm systems that have GPS capabilities.
Considering the value that was inside and the major headache incurred from the theft, wouldn't a $350.00 investment been worth it.

Ya this buisness owner is an idiot. Either wake up two hours early the day of the event to load the trailer or store the trailer in a garage or something. Unbelievable idiot amazing

When I have my two FA machine guns with me, I don't let them out of my sight.
Out of the safe, go have fun, back into the safe.
No stopping for groceries or any other errand that would have me walk away from my vehicle with them on board.

Sounds like a hell of a lot more than $25,000 worth of guns. Untransferable guns. Uhg.

Anyone else notice how Lt. Bailey said, "And that they aren't used to take an innocent life or the life of a police officer."

;)

Sorry..

I dont imagine the thieves will be using these for recreation and I imagine that selling these guns would be highly difficult. Unless they have some deep ties somewhere else I dont know what there plans with these are...part them out???

This heist has all the ear marks of an inside job.
Trailer stolen after it's fully loaded, no sign of forced entry.
Trailer locks not cut off and laying on the ground.
Just a clean getaway with no evidence left behind.

Forget what the ATF thinks, it's losing $25,000.00 worth of guns that would make me sick.
...yeah, maybe ten times that amount, maybe more:

According to police, the trailer was filled with the following firearms and accessories:

3 M16 type fully automatic rifles

2 full auto AK47s

A Beretta Auto Sear machine gun

A Century Arms machine gun

5 HK MP5 type sub-machine guns

A Century Arms Tantal machine gun

A full auto Thompson 1928A1 sub-machine gun

A full auto UZI sub-machine gun

An Ohio Ordinance 249 SAW belt fed full auto machine gun

Pistols include:

2 Ruger semi autos

A Beretta 92FS semi auto

2 Sig Sauer semi autos

2 Kimber semi auto handguns

An HK 45T semi auto pistol

There were two short barrelled rifles — one a Mosin 91/30 and the other a Vector Arms PTR-91P, two Remington 870 shotguns and one Savage Arms 720 shotgun. Police say there were also 16 suppressors in the trailer along with approximately 20,000 rounds of mixed ammunition, a pallet jack, and $2,500 worth of miscellaneous magazines.

...what sort of IDIOT would put that in a trailer and leave it on the street? Man, that should have been locked in a very secure warehouse, or have an armed guard on it at all times. Or both....

...yeah, maybe ten times that amount, maybe more:

According to police, the trailer was filled with the following firearms and accessories:

3 M16 type fully automatic rifles

2 full auto AK47s

A Beretta Auto Sear machine gun

A Century Arms machine gun

5 HK MP5 type sub-machine guns

A Century Arms Tantal machine gun

A full auto Thompson 1928A1 sub-machine gun

A full auto UZI sub-machine gun

An Ohio Ordinance 249 SAW belt fed full auto machine gun

Pistols include:

2 Ruger semi autos

A Beretta 92FS semi auto

2 Sig Sauer semi autos

2 Kimber semi auto handguns

An HK 45T semi auto pistol

There were two short barrelled rifles — one a Mosin 91/30 and the other a Vector Arms PTR-91P, two Remington 870 shotguns and one Savage Arms 720 shotgun. Police say there were also 16 suppressors in the trailer along with approximately 20,000 rounds of mixed ammunition, a pallet jack, and $2,500 worth of miscellaneous magazines.

...what sort of IDIOT would put that in a trailer and leave it on the street? Man, that should have been locked in a very secure warehouse, or have an armed guard on it at all times. Or both....

Wow! Talk about your negative cash flow! I'll bet BATF has more agents looking at Mr. Class 111 than criminals in general! I hope they recover these things before there are bloodbaths!

I dont imagine the thieves will be using these for recreation and I imagine that selling these guns would be highly difficult. Unless they have some deep ties somewhere else I dont know what there plans with these are...part them out???

Really? Go to LA and find a crip or blood! Or, another possibility is that they were stolen to order.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top