JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The second gun range I've been to in this area and the first outdoor range I've been to. Not bad. Range fees are reasonable, $15 and you can shoot your own ammo. They throw in a couple of targets and the personnel are very friendly. I enjoyed my experience there. Next time I'll go earlier, cause it gets crowded fast.

Went there for the first time last week. Nice range for being inside city limits. Fee was $17 and change when you pay cash. Staff was very friendly and helped with sighting in my AR. I spent about 3 1/2 hrs there and was the only one on the range.

With the Death of Range Master John McEnroe, (not the Tennis Player) I was concerned that CCGC might not make it. The good news is that Mr.McEnroes' work was not wasted. The new version of the old "English Pit" is better than ever. My son and I brought a fellow from my church over to shoot for the first time. The place was busy but polite. I was able to help with a little volunteer RSO duty and we all had a safe and fun shooting session. My guest loved it. Now that the overly assertive & aggressively tat/pierced guy is gone the atmosphere is relaxed yet safe.

Now with more safety orange!

We went last weekend with a friend and noticed one of the RSO's love of orange spray paint! See the new hot/cold line on the ground and the markings around the target stands. I predict orange colored rope (to close off the "houses" during cold time) will be next! I'm glad to see they are continuing to take safety seriously.

-- Lia

A question to those more in the know about things over there:

The last time I was out at the pit (2-3 months ago now) I remember one of the staff mentioning the range was going to be moving north at some point. With longer ranges to be the plus of doing so. Has there been anymore information regarding if that is actually happening? (And when if applicable)

A question to those more in the know about things over there:

The last time I was out at the pit (2-3 months ago now) I remember one of the staff mentioning the range was going to be moving north at some point. With longer ranges to be the plus of doing so. Has there been anymore information regarding if that is actually happening? (And when if applicable)
I haven't heard any hear-say about it, but I have heard about the Feds and Clark Co Sheriff's moving to the the Camp Bonneville range, (a former United States Army post), in January. Cl Co Sheriff's use the English pit, but now moving to Camp Bonneville.

I think the Bonneville area would be ideal for a public range as well. Perhaps the English Pit folks are working on that (it would be East of the current pit).

Reference: https://clark.wa.gov/county-manager...s-office-shooting-range-moves-camp-bonneville

I haven't heard any hear-say about it, but I have heard about the Feds
I also sent an email to Joni, at Clark County Manager's Office, asking if there is an option for a public range and an update on the progress for the Sheriff's range. I'll post when I hear a response.

I think this would be a good fit for volunteers to help if needed. It doesn't matter that it may not be a public range yet, but the simple fact that community gun owners are willing to help develop a shooting range, (of any kind), is a good plus in our corner. A public range could happen at Camp Bonneville in the future and we could have a big part in making it happen, if we get involved.

A few of the organizations currently involved in planning what to do with Camp Bonneville.

The Military, Department of Ecology, DNR, Rustic Retreat Center/Outdoor School, American Cultural Center. Clark College Environmental Field Station, Trails & Nature Area, Timber Resource Management Area, Wetland/Riparian Area Restoration/Enhancement & Habitat Restoration project.

We ain't never firing a round on that property, It has been closed for 26 years and the latest revision to the plan was back in 2005.

Last Edited:
There seemed to be firing all day long at Camp Bonneville today. Twenty-fifty or more shots over about 5 seconds, a several minute pause, then repeat. Still going on near sundown.

Bruce

A few of the organizations currently involved in planning what to do with Camp Bonneville.

The Military, Department of Ecology, DNR, Rustic Retreat Center/Outdoor School, American Cultural Center. Clark College Environmental Field Station, Trails & Nature Area, Timber Resource Management Area, Wetland/Riparian Area Restoration/Enhancement & Habitat Restoration project.

We ain't never firing a round on that property, It has been closed for 26 years.
Ah yes. That's because responsible shooters have not been involved with the talks and development of the plan.

The 26 year closure has been because of the clearing of potential explosive devices that may have been left behind from the Army training facility. They have been clearing and testing for years!

If the shooting community does not get involved with the planning of future development, then certainly we don't stand a chance at a new shooting range.

So, we need volunteers to say "hey, we'll put in our two cents worth and offer to help make it happen". And that's what I did. I hope it opens a line of communications to start the process of resulting in a new dispersed shooting area for public land shooters.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.