JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm going to bring along a buddy of mine who's looking to buy his first pistol. He doesn't have his CPL, if he buys something, how does the week long wait work?

bwells.
Depends... Is he buying from a dealer or FTF? If the guy has no felonies, not a druggie, not a wife beater, and lives in the state of WA. I know of a few private collectors he can buy from with no wait.
If he buys from a dealer, with no CPL, I think he has to pick it up a week later at their business, or meet up at the next show to get it. maybe Coctailer could clarify that for me.....

I'm going to bring along a buddy of mine who's looking to buy his first pistol. He doesn't have his CPL, if he buys something, how does the week long wait work?

He can buy the pistol from a dealer at the show and do the paperwork.
The dealer faxes it in to the CLEO where he resides and they fax back approval.

If he lives in Clark County, it usually only takes a day or two.

He can then come pick up the gun.

I'll be there tomorrow.

If you see a guy in an OFF shirt or NRA Life Member jacket, accompanied by a red-headed woman who is VERY pregnant, that's me ;-)

Poor girl...going to her first gun show. I told her they often have fudge and she warmed immediately to the idea ;-)

My daughter and I stopped in today...neither one of us left empty handed lol....seeing another S&W 1076 made me contemplate how cool it would be to have dual 10mm's lol.

I ran down there today with my buddy. We didn't stay too long because he had to go to work. We were only there for about 45 minutes, but it was long enough to make a quick pass around everything. Neither of us bought anything, but he got a chance to look at the xd compacts/subcompacts, which he's been wanting to do for a while.

Although this show was about 1/4th the Albany show, I had more conversations w/ the exihibitors at this show. Really good people. I walked out w a bit of ammo & some surplus 50 cal cans...now time to load the spare clips & put a few hundred rounds in storage!
I am kicking myself for not getting some of those Magpul mags one guy had on special for like $13 tho...woulda been great to use for stored mags.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top