JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey there , I just got my ccw for clark county . Went to the county sheriffs office waited about 16 days and got it in the mail , its green and white ,seems completely different than any of the other ones ive seen . Anyways someone told me awhile ago if its a different color its not cash and carry when buying handguns ? I was wondering if anyone could give me any insight on this and anything else about them . thanks !

Does it say something to the effect of "State of Washington license to carry concealed pistol" somewhere on it? If yes, then you have a CPL and it should be the same as any other in the state. As far as I know, there are not different classes/categories of CPLs in this state.

In WA, nothing is cash and carry anymore thanks to I-594 (since you can't purchase privately without a background check). Anytime you buy a handgun or longgun, it must be through a FFL. FFLs require a NICS check, and WA doesn't override that with their CPL. With your CPL, you basically get around the wait time, assuming your NICS is not delayed. WA RCW 9.41.092 requires that a dealer may not deliver any firearm to the purchaser until "all required background checks are known and the purchaser or transferee is not prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm under federal or state law".

So basically, assuming your NICS is not delayed, it is effectively unchanged for dealer purchases with a CPL in WA, i.e. it is cash and carry with a theoretically instant NICS check,

yeah pretty much exactly that , i was just wondering if if was cash and carry as far as no waiting period on handguns at the dealer as long as you pass the nics check if you have your cpl ?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top