JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
earned the "old" title..............all those silver hairs nicely...

So, You sayin' grey hair makes one OLD?:confused:
You callin' me OLD?:mad:

HUH?:s0123:

I had grey hair at 45.
I wasn't old THEN!:cool:
I'm not OLD now.:s0022:

You sayin' I was.....and am?:s0153:

I'll let you know I have had, and continue to have, MANY compliments from Chicks, Babes, Foxes, and Babettes' about my hair. :s0056:

They think I look Sexy...........:s0080:

OH, wait.
Sexy, for being so OLD?:s0092:

nevermind...........:s0099:

So, You sayin' grey hair makes one OLD?:confused:
You callin' me OLD?:mad:

HUH?:s0123:

I had grey hair at 45.
I wasn't old THEN!:cool:
I'm not OLD now.:s0022:

You sayin' I was.....and am?:s0153:

I'll let you know I have had, and continue to have, MANY compliments from Chicks, Babes, Foxes, and Babettes' about my hair. :s0056:

They think I look Sexy...........:s0080:

OH, wait.
Sexy, for being so OLD?:s0092:

nevermind...........:s0099:

O-L-D: Rambling on and on ... on an internet forum, mind you... about the definition of "old" and trying to prove you're not.
That's old and delusional.

;)

Good luck with that. In the meantime:

Gun control drumbeat starts in Arizona as Washington enters new phase

Saturday saw the first steps toward Michael Bloomberg-style gun control in Arizona with the Brady Campaign joining "community leaders and activists" to protest a so-called "bad apple gun dealer," while the Washington Arms Collectors (WAC) launched its $10 background check program in Monroe, which continues this coming weekend in Puyallup.

<broken link removed>

Notice the states they are going after (Washington first, then Oregon, Nevada, Arizona) all have a large metropolitan population just full of left leaning drones? I wonder how they would fare in Texas, Idaho, or Alaska with this type of garbage. As for the WAC charging $10 per background check, I understand they are trying to make the best of a bad situation, but the fact is it's still registration.

Okay--just got back from dropping my business card off at the sheriff's office--he wasn't there, and I was told he makes his own appointments, so hopefully I hear back from him, or I will have to be a pest again. o_Oo_O

Then I dropped off an evolved version of my 'letter to the editor'...it was funny to watch the looks of horror when I told the staff at the paper that the passage of I-594 has made the act of me handing a firearm back and forth to my students during the course of firearm safety training a felony many times over by the end of class...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Even the editorial assistant was moved and sympathetic. Fingers crossed that the editor will feel the same...;)

Attachments

• Letter to the editor.pdf
    92 KB · Views: 183
AAAAAHHH! I'm SO excited!!

Our sheriff returned my call and we chatted for a short while in reference to I-594. He reassured me that neither he nor anyone he works with is going to be showing up at my door during a class to arrest me...LOL! He said what I am doing is a good thing and he applauded my efforts. He also confirmed that most of the Washington Sheriffs opposed it in the first place, and are not worried about law abiding citizens doing normal interactions. I'm pretty sure he used the term 'stupid' in reference to I-594 at least three times during the course of our conversation.... ;):rolleyes:

I asked him if he would be willing to reply to my email in writing confirming what he said to me, and he said he would as soon as he could. I will keep that on hand (maybe framed ;)) during class...:D:D:D

Now to see if the paper will publish my article...:)

To the forum moderators:
I make a motion this thread get pinned so we can keep track of it. The effort Monica is making to force the legal system to provide clarity is really pivotal and may well be the start of I-594's demise.

The next question is, how many of us are in similar positions both occupationally and in contact with their local Sheriffs that we could spread this Statewide?

Really, the Heavy Hitter move would be to get Marty and Gila Hayes at FAS in Onalaska behind this--they're one of the bigger schools in the state. Perhaps it's time for a professional association for Washington State firearms instructors?

The next question is, how many of us are in similar positions both occupationally and in contact with their local Sheriffs that we could spread this Statewide?

Really, the Heavy Hitter move would be to get Marty and Gila Hayes at FAS in Onalaska behind this--they're one of the bigger schools in the state. Perhaps it's time for a professional association for Washington State firearms instructors?
Ha! I have been in contact with Marty, he is the one who originally encouraged me to write a letter to our local prosecutor...he did the same at his end...just sent him another email today to share my progress...:):)
I told him about this forum...maybe he will join if he's not already a member...and seriously, I would heartily recommend joining the Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network, of which he is the president...:)

I thought there already was a firearm instructors organization?? They made a statement against I-594 during the campaign along with the sheriffs...

Last Edited:
To the forum moderators:
I make a motion this thread get pinned so we can keep track of it. The effort Monica is making to force the legal system to provide clarity is really pivotal and may well be the start of I-594's demise.

meh...seriously, I'm just a festering little sliver. :rolleyes:

I'm confident there is a significant movement with a sharp legal ax that will ultimately topple this tangled mess. ;);)

I thought there already was a firearm instructors organization?? They made a statement against I-594 during the campaign along with the sheriffs...
Last I knew it was LE Only: "Washington State LAW ENFORCEMENT Firearms Instructors Association"--one of the guys who teaches at The Marksman in Puyallup (like a few of the other staff) is an off-duty LEO and WSLEFIA member.

I'm not a pro and I'm not actively teaching anymore (lack of opportunity), but depending on requirements I would still join such an org as an "Associate Member" if I could.

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

I'm not sure how the NRA is organized at the state levels, but getting in touch with them on this issue and asking for some help seems very appropriate... IMO they owe us big time on this mess.
http://www.nranews.com/

Actually I think they took the cheapest way. 594 is so poorly written that it should be cheaper to overturn it in court than to fight Bloomturd, Gates et al in the media.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

WAHOO!!! :s0115:

My letter to the editor was published IN IT"S ENTIRETY! All 980 (approximately) words of it!

I really am amazed he didn't seem to edit it at ALL! You can check it out in the Grays Harbor Herald..Here's a link to the online version..I even received a supportive email already from the article...I am also waiting to hear back from another local editor to see if it can be printed there as well. (Although I just did a little research and editors frown on submitting the same piece to multiple outlets...ooops!! :oops: I'm new at this whole 'crusader' thing....LOL!)

Plus, I heard back from our sheriff via email today;

Monica,
Sorry to have taken so long to get back to you. I wanted to speak with
our new Prosecutor about this to insure that she was on the same page as
I on this issue, to the extent possible. I happy to say that we concur
on this and will not be proactively seeking out violations in the form
of law abiding citizens engaging in safe use of firearms in keeping with
their 2nd Amendment rights. Specific to your issues, she agreed with me
that the temporary/transient transfer of firearms in a training
environment is not a transfer in violation of the law. The spirt of the
law and the intent is to prohibit sale or permanent transfers of
firearms without proper background checks. It is not my intent nor the
Prosecutors to make criminals out of our citizens who have no criminal
intent nor are they engaged in any criminal activity. Be safe and I hope
you continue your work to make our community safer for those women who
benefit from your training and mentorship. Merry Christmas...

I like how careful LE is with not 'proactively' seeking out violations. And, I have to wonder how well the new prosecutor read the law, especially the exception in section 3(4);
(ii) if the temporary transfer occurs, and the

firearm is kept at all times, at an established shooting range

authorized by the governing body of the jurisdiction in which such

range is located;

Hmmm...I wonder what a 'temporary transfer' is defined as here, and why it would happen at a shooting range if it wasn't directed at firearms instruction or sharing a gun? o_O

Anyway, I am pleased with the exposure. I look forward to seeing what becomes of it, and whether the ball stays rolling, or if I will have to give it another kick...;);)

Last Edited:
Thanks for fighting the good fight. I live in Seattle and I feel like an outcast even in my own neighborhood with all the "Yes on I-594" signs on my street.

I will be following your progress!

Okay, so after finding out that I can't submit the same piece to more than one publication, I wrote another...:rolleyes::rolleyes: Trying to bring it closer to the average person's understanding...

It's still a little long at just over 600 words, but I'm thinking since it is 'controversial', an exception may be made...;)
Hmmm...where shall I attempt to submit it?

Attachments

• Second Article.pdf
    97 KB · Views: 143

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR