JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
you need to find a reporter sympathetic to your cause (woman, gun safety instructor, small business owner) and have them write an article, and hound LEO for clarifications. LEO vague responses, non-responses, and doublespeak they will get will paint 594 supporters in a very bad light and turn public opinion against 594.

worst case is it forces the AG to issue an opinion to explicitly exempt you, or forces the AG to issue an opinion that provides legal grounds to repeal 594.

LEO cannot be silent forever on 594 and will have to issue rulings eventually. then they will be trapped.

you need to find a reporter sympathetic to your cause (woman, gun safety instructor, small business owner) and have them write an article, and hound LEO for clarifications. LEO vague responses, non-responses, and doublespeak they will get will paint 594 supporters in a very bad light and turn public opinion against 594.

worst case is it forces the AG to issue an opinion to explicitly exempt you, or forces the AG to issue an opinion that provides legal grounds to repeal 594.

LEO cannot be silent forever on 594 and will have to issue rulings eventually. then they will be trapped.

Excellent idea. By all accounts the bill is so poorly written, forcing them to clarify on specific elements which are conflicting would indeed accelerate this moving right onto the AG's desk. IMO, the sooner this happens, the better. And do not underestimate the "woman, gun safety instructor, small business owner" angle...that could indeed be a powerful tool. I see you live outside Never-never Land... one would think a pro-gun news reporter could be identified to help with the story... until I saw this. I love how they call them adding to the cluster... appropriate on several levels.:rolleyes:

http://www.soundpublishing.com/daily-world-acquisition/5814/

Still, Monica's case could become the point of the spear. She and others in this line of work have legitimate questions that must be answered. I call on the NRA, WAC and the rest of us to help out as needed.

Excellent idea. By all accounts the bill is so poorly written, forcing them to clarify on specific elements which are conflicting would indeed accelerate this moving right onto the AG's desk. IMO, the sooner this happens, the better. And do not underestimate the "woman, gun safety instructor, small business owner" angle...that could indeed be a powerful tool. I see you live outside Never-never Land... one would think a pro-gun news reporter could be identified to help with the story... until I saw this. I love how they call them adding to the cluster... appropriate on several levels.:rolleyes:

http://www.soundpublishing.com/daily-world-acquisition/5814/

Still, Monica's case could become the point of the spear. She and others in this line of work have legitimate questions that must be answered. I call on the NRA, WAC and the rest of us to help out as needed.

Yes, I was worried about that 'cluster' bit, too...and the email I sent to the local editor requesting a word limit for my article never got a reply. I'll send another this week.

Fortunately, we have another local paper that seems to be interested; that editor replied that he received the article and would get back to me, but that was a week ago and I am still waiting for follow-up contact. I plan on paying a visit to my local sheriff in person next week to press the issue, since he also didn't respond to my email...:rolleyes: I am SUCH a pest...:D:D

*squeak, squeak* ;);)

Monica,
Having written newspaper articles on a monthly basis for over 25 years, I do have a little insight into the "haven't received a response" scenario.

Multiply yourself by 10-20-30.

That is the amount of people daily pulling at the Editor or sheriff or???? for "a response".
That doesn't include his/her Boss.

Guess who gets the response.................YES!.....the......

*squeak, squeak*;);)

"Low Key Persistence":s0011:has always worked well for me.

Monica,
Having written newspaper articles on a monthly basis for over 25 years, I do have a little insight into the "haven't received a response" scenario.

Multiply yourself by 10-20-30.

That is the amount of people daily pulling at the Editor or sheriff or???? for "a response".
That doesn't include his/her Boss.

Guess who gets the response.................YES!.....the......

*squeak, squeak*;);)

"Low Key Persistence":s0011:has always worked well for me

That makes perfect sense....I really don't have a problem squeaking at all...especially if no one else will...personally, I have found that F2F is particularly effective....;)

That makes perfect sense....I really don't have a problem squeaking at all...especially if no one else will...personally, I have found that F2F is particularly effective....;)
Or, as some of us like to call it, Halitosis Range Engagement... :D LOL Though you also do have a certain edge in terms of "Persuasion Assistive Features" ;) over most of us.

What he is trying to say is; "You are a good looking lady, and you will probably get a LOT further than I would in a FTF conversation because I am an ugly ol' Bass Turd".:D:D

I guess that is what he is trying to say:)
HEY! I haven't EARNED the "old" title yet! :p

It's more "I have the sort of personality to be called in after the make-nice, diplomacy and sweet-talk fails... whether to Astonish with Acumen, Beat Into Submission with Eye-Glazing Raw Data Overload, or simply Bury in Bullsh-t." LOL

*cough* erm....o_O
You guys are silly. If I could blow up that avatar, you could see that I HAVE earned the "old" title...black and white images disguise all those silver hairs nicely...LOL!;)
I'll report back after I have a few chats with editors and a sheriff...right now I'm off to wage war with a migraine...all this I-594 talk burns my biskits...:confused::confused:

Naw, more "mature"... A Lady of Vintage, aging like fine wine. :) Over the years, most of my friends have been closer to my grandparents' age (seriously, in college I spent more lunches in the Faculty Lounge eating with my profs than in the cafeteria with my classmates) and more recently my parents', and even my gal is almost a decade older than I am...

Naw, more "mature"... A Lady of Vintage, aging like fine wine. :) Over the years, most of my friends have been closer to my grandparents' age (seriously, in college I spent more lunches in the Faculty Lounge eating with my profs than in the cafeteria with my classmates) and more recently my parents', and even my gal is almost a decade older than I am...

Only very intelligent folks recognize the value of
:):)"MENTORS ".:):)

As I understand it, this is a true copy of the actual document sent out last week by the Dept of Fish and Wildlife concerning Hunter's Ed Classes, and therefore very applicable to your circumstances.

Even better is the stance that DFW volunteers are now classed as Law Enforcement Personnel.

Best of luck,

upload_2014-12-7_18-1-16.png

As I understand it, this is a true copy of the actual document sent out last week by the Dept of Fish and Wildlife concerning Hunter's Ed Classes, and therefore very applicable to your circumstances.

Even better is the stance that DFW volunteers are now classed as Law Enforcement Personnel.

Best of luck,

View attachment 116967

Well, just about EVERYONE who is even vaguely connected to the government seems to be an LEO these days. You've got IRS accountants running around the country with SWAT gear and MRAPs. Next thing you know you'll see librarians arm barring people at gun point for being too loud.

Well, just about EVERYONE who is even vaguely connected to the government seems to be an LEO these days. You've got IRS accountants running around the country with SWAT gear and MRAPs. Next thing you know you'll see librarians arm barring people at gun point for being too loud.

Monica, the next time you talk to the sheriff, ask him if you can enlist as a Reserve Deputy. Since law enforcement officers get all kinds of exemptons under this law, it may be the way around your problem.

Not only that, but you become one of the annointed "good guys" in the eyes of the anti's! ;)

Interesting that they are saying that "agencies" are exempt. The inference is that certain classes of people are exempt, and that the exemption is based on association, not actual facts.

Monica, the next time you talk to the sheriff, ask him if you can enlist as a Reserve Deputy. Since law enforcement officers get all kinds of exemptons under this law, it may be the way around your problem.

Not only that, but you become one of the annointed "good guys" in the eyes of the anti's! ;)
That's how my older brother, a decorated 30 year general officer in the USAF was able to secure a CCP in CA. Just how pathetic is that. For hell sake, it's folks like him that, by all rights given what they have provided this country, should be exempt from any restrictions.

Good luck with that. In the meantime:

Gun control drumbeat starts in Arizona as Washington enters new phase

Saturday saw the first steps toward Michael Bloomberg-style gun control in Arizona with the Brady Campaign joining "community leaders and activists" to protest a so-called "bad apple gun dealer," while the Washington Arms Collectors (WAC) launched its $10 background check program in Monroe, which continues this coming weekend in Puyallup.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads