JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anybody want to check if this is on the NFA registry? And papered to be transferable?
Or did podunk county confiscate a non registered machine gun?

Ummm...This reeks trouble. No stamp then Feds vs the Sheriff comes into play. And since when can the Sheriff auction Class III? Under what authority is that allowed?

Ummm...This reeks trouble. No stamp then Feds vs the Sheriff comes into play. And since when can the Sheriff auction Class III? Under what authority is that allowed?
What is wrong with it? They are stating it is a class III weapon. I remember some years back a large LE agency pulled few M1927A1 Thompsons out of their armory and sold them off, with the proceeds they were able to buy new M4s for their all of their SWAT team member.

I was just pretty sure you if it is an unregistered pre-86 you can't just sell it without ATF approval just because Mr Sheriff of a county says so. It's federal. A LEO at the county level has no bearing on it to say if can just be transferred and a stamp issued.

"All firearms listed are from various forfeitures or seizures.".

So maybe I am reading too much into it, but either he had a DV and they took it or for another reason or there is no stamp on it.

I'm a type 7ffl with SOT 2, and I wouldn't bid on this without a lot more information. Assuming they must have checked with the ATF prior to making the decision to sell this MP40. "Assuming" it was registered prior to May 19, 1986 could be a costly error. They certainly could have done a better job of providing more details. Not sure the ATF would really buy into the argument of "I'm a licensed NFA dealer and I thought it must be registered if a law enforcement agency was selling it". There is some activity on it. If I had to guess, someone has probably contacted them and been satisfied it is something they can legally buy.

The person that got this MP40 seized, or was dumb enough to turn it in is the real issue here. It would have been perfectly fine staying out of sight and out mind from "the man", for the rest of its life. Smh.

The person that got this MP40 seized, or was dumb enough to turn it in is the real issue here. It would have been perfectly fine staying out of sight and out mind from "the man", for the rest of its life. Smh.
There's the rub, if you have possession of an illegal full auto machine gun, what do you do with it.
You don't want to get caught with it, you can't tell to many people you have one, because they can't keep their mouths shut and where do you shoot one without everyone for miles around hearing it.

There's the rub, if you have possession of an illegal full auto machine gun, what do you do with it.
You don't want to get caught with it, you can't tell to many people you have one, because they can't keep their mouths shut and where do you shoot one without everyone for miles around hearing it.
For sure. I'm sure there are a few people with access to enough land, that if they fired it off a few times no one would hear it.

But you still have it in your possession and Mr. Murphy just needs that one time for you to get pulled over and it's a way bigger problem then it's worth.
It's like knowing that you have in your possession a weapon used in a murder. Try and explain that to a homicide detective who's working hard to close a case.
I am very familiar with all the laws pertaining to transferable tax stamped NFA items and even then you worry about owning them.

I hear you. With the state our nation is in currently, At this point someone could show me a stolen thermal nuclear warhead they have in their basement, and a crate load of surface to air missiles and I'd nod my head in approval, turn around and walk away.

More power to em.

I was just up there a couple days ago in Sequim and was going to stop in for kicks and tell them I was conducting an independent investigation of a potential Federal offense.

Think about those YouTube ratings (Just joking). LOL

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads