JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I live quite close by to it and still I don't go there much at all. My wife and I went to see Men in Black III just a couple of weeks ago at the theatre there (best MIB movie to date in my opinion) and I was carrying in the theatre as well. I can't remember if I saw signs or not. But if there were, I was not in compliance with their posting.

I buy everything including underwear on Ebay so malls and jockeying past hens at the checkout just isn't for me.

Plus I saw a $90 shirt I liked at Nordstrom, bought it for $25 on Ebay + $4 shipping. Paying 3x as much to buy something in an overpriced glass palace for the pleasure of hearing 'no sir, yes sir' just isn't worth it.

I once really enjoyed going to malls and then I learned about the 'spend and consume' economy/mentality and now I am just not into it at all. Bored people with nothing better to do wasting their day buying a bunch of crap they don't need.

In time, those places will become ghost malls; empty places for the homeless to take over.

From the link:

Update: The Clackamas Town Center posted the following statement both on their Facebook page and on the KATU comment board in response to numerous complaints from folks who were angered over this story.

"We honor, support and respect what the United States flag represents. The actions and letter that were communicated certainly did not convey that. And for this, we apologize. We can see how many were offended. It was never the intent to offend or show any disrespect. The U.S. flag will remain displayed at the kiddie train and in other locations within the mall. We wholeheartedly support those who fight to allow us and everyone else to display the flag. Clackamas Town Center hosts and sponsors events every year that recognize and honor these and other heroes and will continue to do so."

Not trying to stir the pot here - Just curious... Do you think they would have ordered them to take down a rainbow flag? I'd bet that they would have been afraid of the backlash and being branded as opposing equal rights.

On the 5pm news the Clackamas Town Center announced they had a change of heart and the train can continue with the Flag(s) in place. God Bless America and public opinion.

In addition to being a criminal protection (gun free) zone and this flag shenanigan, they don't let mall employees park near the entrance even if starting before or after the mall closes.

I don't know of any that do. Here they have to park beyond the white line towards the outer edge of the lots no matter what time they come in or leave.

I just saw this. GOOD JOB people!
Glad to be part of this forum, and consider you all friends.

Question; is senior member time in forum? Or a comment on my age?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top