JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is ridiculous! I'll be sending an email to Dennis Curtis to politely let him know how I feel; I suggest others do the same.

<broken link removed>

Contact Info

General Manager: Dennis Curtis (503) 653-6613 [email protected]
GGP Public Relations: Lesley Cheers [email protected]
Brookfield Chief Executive Officer: Ric Clark [email protected]

Here's what I wrote. I sent it to Dennis, and CC'd the two others.

Mr. Curtis,

After reading the KATU article regarding your decision to have the flags on the train removed I feel I need to email you to share my surprise and disappointment in you and the rest of the Clackamas Town Center management. Many people have fought and died for that flag to give you and every other US citizen the very life you live today. I'm not sure if this decision of yours was a mistake you intend to correct, or if you're really that ungrateful for what you have here in the United States. As a frequent shopper at Clackamas Town Center, I'll be watching this story closely to see how it progresses. I also intend to share this on my website, which receives over 400,000 visits per month from people in Oregon and Washington. Lastly, I'll be forwarding this email to the management of GGP.

Sincerely,
Joe Link

The trick is not to complain to them. Its to complain to the shops that you go to and explain why you wont be going back. When they see the customers leaving things change.

In addition to being a criminal protection (gun free) zone and this flag shenanigan, they don't let mall employees park near the entrance even if starting before or after the mall closes.

I'm going to find myself an american flag shirt and walk the wall... I'll even buy something some where. If they're dumb enough to ask a paying customer to leave... I look forward to help spreading the bad publicity.

My letter to Mr. Curtis:

Mr. Curtis

I am directing this to you with regard to your having to remove the American Flags from the train ride. I have only two questions:

The mall told him the flags are against policy.

What is the specific policy the 'Mall' is referring to?

Thomas Phelps said he was floored when he got a letter from mall management telling him that the flags he put on the train a few weeks ago were "unapproved visuals."

What then, according to mall management, is considered 'Approved' visuals?

I expect an answer from you when convenient.

Sincerely,

Edward M. Miller
An Oregon Resident

I'm not much into writing but this situation is wrong... It is things like this that has gotten America in the position it is in... One little thing a a time until poof it's all gone ...

Sent to : [email protected],[email protected],[email protected]

Mr. Curtis,
I hope the information I have heard about the flags being removed is wrong ...
You/.We have the freedoms and the rights you/We have today because of the Americans that fought and died for those rights and freedoms ... Flags on display should be displayed with pride everyday... Displaying our flag is one small thing we can do as Proud Americans ... People today are reaping the benefits of those that made the ultimate sacrifice, It's a tragedy nobody cares,It's a tragedy Nobody will stand up for what Americans have in the years past ... Are you a foreigner ... ? Are you an American... ? Are you proud to be a American...? Are you just part of the sheep herd doing what you are told ...

If this matter is out of your hands , If you need help with this matter post on Northwest Firearms you need help, I'm sure you will receive it ...

If you are not a Proud American please leave this country and your position so someone more worthy can occupy your space and position ...

Thank You ,
Shawn

US Flag Walk Through at Clackamas on Tuesday 7/31 @ noon, looks like a large group has committed to show up and walk the mall front to back on both levels with flag. Meet at the theater entrance little before noon.

I just received this email from Dennis Curtis.

Mr. Link,

Thank you for contacting me with your feedback.

We honor, support and respect what the United States flag represents. The actions and letter that were communicated certainly did not convey that. And for this, we apologize. We can see how many were offended. It was never the intent to offend or show any disrespect. The U.S. flag will remain displayed at the kiddie train and in other locations within the mall. We wholeheartedly support those who fight to allow us and everyone else to display the flag. Clackamas Town Center hosts and sponsors events every year that recognize and honor these and other heroes and will continue to do so.

Thanks,
Dennis A. Curtis, CSM
Senior General Manager
Clackamas Town Center | General Growth Properties, Inc.

E-mail to Me from Dennis Curtis...

Shawn,

Thank you for contacting me with your feedback.

We honor, support and respect what the United States flag represents. The actions and letter that were communicated certainly did not convey that. And for this, we apologize. We can see how many were offended. It was never the intent to offend or show any disrespect. The U.S. flag will remain displayed at the kiddie train and in other locations within the mall. We wholeheartedly support those who fight to allow us and everyone else to display the flag. Clackamas Town Center hosts and sponsors events every year that recognize and honor these and other heroes and will continue to do so.

Thanks,

Dennis A. Curtis, CSM

Senior General Manager

Clackamas Town Center | General Growth Properties, Inc.

12000 SE 82nd Avenue | Suite 1093 | Happy Valley, OR 97086

Office 503.653.6613 | Fax 503.653.7251 | Email [email protected]

I wonder how many of these model E-Mails he has sent out and how many more he will be sending ...

I wouldn't be surprised if we all got one. I have a feeling the backlash over this has just begun.

I was there yesterday (first time in 5 years) and I carried. There were no signs anywhere that I could see that would alert someone to a no-firearms policy.

I was there yesterday (first time in 5 years) and I carried. There were no signs anywhere that I could see that would alert someone to a no-firearms policy.

Yeah I was just gonna say this, I go to the mall frequently and have never seen any signs prohibiting firearms though I may not be looking hard enough. I know at the theater they have a no firearms policy, but the rest of the mall I haven't seen anything that says otherwise.

Glad the flag is allowed to stay, I know it would've turned bad for them if they were going to take it off.

I used to go there quite often when I lived nearby and I don't remember seeing any no-firearm signs either.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top