Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Clackamas Town Center says U.S. flags on kiddie train must go

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Joe Link, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Believe the mall also has a no firearms policy.

This sounds like one more reason to avoid the place.

3. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I haven't been there in years so adding me to the boycott really won't mean much. Just have no reason to drive that far to get what I want.

4. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Contact Info

General Manager: Dennis Curtis (503) 653-6613 dennis.curtis@ggp.com
    GGP Public Relations: Lesley Cheers lesley.cheers@ggp.com
    Brookfield Chief Executive Officer: Ric Clark ric.clark@brookfield.com

Here's what I wrote. I sent it to Dennis, and CC'd the two others.

5. Rascals

Rascals Portland Or Active Member

The trick is not to complain to them. Its to complain to the shops that you go to and explain why you wont be going back. When they see the customers leaving things change.

6. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Ijust heard a story on the radio where same thing just happened in some housing complex near Boston. Supposedly some resident complained about the flags.

7. mat33

mat33 Portland, OR Active Member

In addition to being a criminal protection (gun free) zone and this flag shenanigan, they don't let mall employees park near the entrance even if starting before or after the mall closes.

8. PDXoriginal

PDXoriginal PNW Well-Known Member

I'm going to find myself an american flag shirt and walk the wall... I'll even buy something some where. If they're dumb enough to ask a paying customer to leave... I look forward to help spreading the bad publicity.

lamrith and (deleted member) like this.
  9. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

My letter to Mr. Curtis:

Mr. Curtis

I am directing this to you with regard to your having to remove the American Flags from the train ride. I have only two questions:

The mall told him the flags are against policy.

What is the specific policy the 'Mall' is referring to?

Thomas Phelps said he was floored when he got a letter from mall management telling him that the flags he put on the train a few weeks ago were "unapproved visuals."

What then, according to mall management, is considered 'Approved' visuals?

I expect an answer from you when convenient.

Sincerely,

Edward M. Miller
    An Oregon Resident

10. SDR

SDR Clackamas County, Oregon Silver Vendor Silver Vendor

I'm not much into writing but this situation is wrong... It is things like this that has gotten America in the position it is in... One little thing a a time until poof it's all gone ...

Sent to : dennis.curtis@ggp.com,lesley.cheers@ggp.com,ric.clark@brookfield.com

Mr. Curtis,
    I hope the information I have heard about the flags being removed is wrong ...
    You/.We have the freedoms and the rights you/We have today because of the Americans that fought and died for those rights and freedoms ... Flags on display should be displayed with pride everyday... Displaying our flag is one small thing we can do as Proud Americans ... People today are reaping the benefits of those that made the ultimate sacrifice, It's a tragedy nobody cares,It's a tragedy Nobody will stand up for what Americans have in the years past ... Are you a foreigner ... ? Are you an American... ? Are you proud to be a American...? Are you just part of the sheep herd doing what you are told ...

If this matter is out of your hands , If you need help with this matter post on Northwest Firearms you need help, I'm sure you will receive it ...

If you are not a Proud American please leave this country and your position so someone more worthy can occupy your space and position ...

Thank You ,
    Shawn

coctailer and (deleted member) like this.
  11. MikeyTwo

MikeyTwo Portland, OR New Member

US Flag Walk Through at Clackamas on Tuesday 7/31 @ noon, looks like a large group has committed to show up and walk the mall front to back on both levels with flag. Meet at the theater entrance little before noon.

12. JO JO

JO JO Vancouver WA Active Member

13. Joe Link

I just received this email from Dennis Curtis.

14. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

:thumbup: Attaboy Joe.

I just saw a national blog pick it up. This was gonna hit the fan.

Good thinkin Dennis. Belatedly.

15. SDR

SDR Clackamas County, Oregon Silver Vendor Silver Vendor

E-mail to Me from Dennis Curtis...

Shawn,

Thank you for contacting me with your feedback.

We honor, support and respect what the United States flag represents. The actions and letter that were communicated certainly did not convey that. And for this, we apologize. We can see how many were offended. It was never the intent to offend or show any disrespect. The U.S. flag will remain displayed at the kiddie train and in other locations within the mall. We wholeheartedly support those who fight to allow us and everyone else to display the flag. Clackamas Town Center hosts and sponsors events every year that recognize and honor these and other heroes and will continue to do so.

Thanks,

Dennis A. Curtis, CSM

Senior General Manager

Clackamas Town Center | General Growth Properties, Inc.

12000 SE 82nd Avenue | Suite 1093 | Happy Valley, OR 97086

Office 503.653.6613 | Fax 503.653.7251 | Email dennis.curtis@ggp.com

I wonder how many of these model E-Mails he has sent out and how many more he will be sending ...

16. Joe Link

I wouldn't be surprised if we all got one. I have a feeling the backlash over this has just begun.

17. JackThompson

JackThompson Valley of the Demons Well-Known Member

Nice work people!

18. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I was there yesterday (first time in 5 years) and I carried. There were no signs anywhere that I could see that would alert someone to a no-firearms policy.

19. Dinged

Dinged Portland, OR Active Member

Yeah I was just gonna say this, I go to the mall frequently and have never seen any signs prohibiting firearms though I may not be looking hard enough. I know at the theater they have a no firearms policy, but the rest of the mall I haven't seen anything that says otherwise.

Glad the flag is allowed to stay, I know it would've turned bad for them if they were going to take it off.

20. Joe Link

I used to go there quite often when I lived nearby and I don't remember seeing any no-firearm signs either.