JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have to say... he had the wrong lawyer! Harryman acted in self defense, no matter how the altercation started. His option was to allow himself and his wife to be verbally abused and walk away instead of confronting the bullying tormentor. He was bullied into the fight and ended it with his concealed firearm when he felt his life and ability to care for his wife was threatened.

If the media was biased in this then I have to feel they may have swayed the jury, which I am sure was not sequestered during the trial.

That's kind of the feeling that I was getting.... The wife states that her husband ran around the checkout line and confronted the shooter; which in my mind is clearly being very aggressive. Unfortunately, Clackamas County Court's don't do a written trancript,they only have recordings. I might have to order one to hear what went on inside the courtroom. From the outside, this case seems very troubling to me.

Harryman was the shooter, and the one that was "harassing" Young's wife. This is a tough case. I would need more information before deciding who is at fault.

Harryman was the shooter, who was behind Young and his wife. Young ran around and started attacking Harryman.

"Prosecutor Bryan Brock opposed request, noting that Harryman intentionally shot a man in the foot in 1982. Harryman was not prosecuted because the victim was uncooperative, Brock said.

"Most people go through life without shooting anyone," Brock observed.

Brock also noted that Harryman owned large collection of handguns, rifles and knives."

And this has what to do with anything pertaining to the case??? Sounds like a biased case to me...

"Prosecutor Bryan Brock opposed request, noting that Harryman intentionally shot a man in the foot in 1982. Harryman was not prosecuted because the victim was uncooperative, Brock said.

"Most people go through life without shooting anyone," Brock observed.

Brock also noted that Harryman owned large collection of handguns, rifles and knives."

And this has what to do with anything pertaining to the case??? Sounds like a biased case to me...

Means and opportunity. I can't speak to his motive.

If it happened as told in the story then its probably not self defense You cant talk your way into a fight and then shoot the guy when he tries to punch you but "Harryman announced that he was armed and warned Young to back away." Close call and the tie is probably not going to go to the guy that used lethal force in that instance. IF the two idiots would have kept to themselves it would have all been avoided.

I just spoke with the defense attorney, so this is hearsay...

According to the attorney, it was 10-2 guilty, only two CCL/Gun owners backed him for self defense. Harryman was behind Young, and Young told him to back the F-off, then proceeded to push the shopping cart at Harryman. Harryman twice said "back off I have a gun", but Young continued to run around the checkout aisle and assault Harryman. There was only one witness that said that it was a mutual fight, while there were multiple witnesses that said that he was assaulted.

The attorney believes that the good citizens of Clackamas County don't believe that guns have a place in Fred Meyer, and that someone would have intervened on behalf of Harryman had his life actually been in danger. What must be the mindset of an individual to ignore two warnings that the person that you are about to attack has a firearm?

To me, this case seems very troubling.

If it happened as told in the story then its probably not self defense You cant talk your way into a fight and then shoot the guy when he tries to punch you but "Harryman announced that he was armed and warned Young to back away." Close call and the tie is probably not going to go to the guy that used lethal force in that instance. IF the two idiots would have kept to themselves it would have all been avoided.
I have to agree here. Two guys antagonize each other in to a physical confrontation. The jury isn't going to be sympathetic to either.

I'm not sure where I was on that day, but I work in the area and am frequently at that Fred Meyer around that time of day grabbing something to eat before going over to Sportman's to wander.

Probably a good thing this didn't get media coverage. With all of the people legally carrying concealed that you never hear about, and would never know are carrying, coverage of this sort of terrible behavior isn't the sort of attention that does anyone any good.

You can not shoot someone for punching you in the nose. It takes a lot more than that to justify the use of deadly force. Not my personal opinion, but it is the law.

You can not shoot someone for punching you in the nose. It takes a lot more than that to justify the use of deadly force. Not my personal opinion, but it is the law.

Words also, according to an attorney, do not incite. That is Oregon Law.

From what I see, if you shoot someone, you become tainted at the scene. Any witnesses that would have viewed the incident would become tainted just by having to witness such an incident.

That is just a personal observation. Think of yourself as a unarmed witness, and if you opposed this person whom may have been defending himself legally, then say to yourself "What if he views me as a threat?"

Life or Death situation has some very well defined meaning.

Maybe if Harryman invoked his right to an "Ärms Length Relationship" prior to the altercation this would not have turned out this way. That is an Oregon Law also.

"The folks in Clackamas County hadn't seen an olde fashioned check-out counter fight in a good long time. Them boys wrastled a full five minutes before the manager stepped in"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top