JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was getting my paperwork that I received from FMA last night signed off at Clackamas county sheriffs office(pats customers this is how fast you are supposed to do it :s0114: ) and when I was leaving Joel mentioned to get my friends paperwork in by July 1st or its $35, and then handed me back my paperwork.

The BAD!: $35 for a Sheriff sign off along with the $30 for fingerprint cards.

The GOOD!: It takes 5 minutes, no more mailing back forms to you weeks later, Joel now has a stamp with the Sheriff's signature, he checks you, stamps it and hands it back after making a copy.

Overall I like the fast times, personally think $35 is a bit high, but its less than multnomah county which is something like $55!

So I currently have two AR lowers in different states of being, with the plan of one being an SBR eventually. Does the signature from my sheriff (clackamas) come before or after I send the paper work into the Feds? Is it possible to get the paper work printed off line some where or can I only get it from the BATF? I heard it's online somewhere but also understand it must be printed double sided only to be accepted by the Feds. Any help in further understanding the process would be awesome. If you guys think its possible to get the paper work filled out by July 1'st and turn into my sherriff to save $35 that would be cool. What'ya think?

I set up a trust No sign off...

This. Plus no fingerprints or photographs.

...plus maybe the shurf don't find out about my guns

That would be the case if you are making an SBR or a silencer on a Form 1, but for a Form 4 transfer from a dealer with a trust you have to have a NICS check done on the individual picking up the item as part of the 4473 and here in Oregon that goes thru the Oregon State Patrol so the state will know about your toys. I realize you are in AZ, but it's worth a mention for the OR folks on the board.

I was kinda on the fence whether to go single or the trust route and this has confirmed my route of trust. For example for an aow it would be $5 or with the single route it would be $75, (30 finger prints, 5 picture, 35 signature, 5 stamp).

So I currently have two AR lowers in different states of being, with the plan of one being an SBR eventually. Does the signature from my sheriff (clackamas) come before or after I send the paper work into the Feds? Is it possible to get the paper work printed off line some where or can I only get it from the BATF? I heard it's online somewhere but also understand it must be printed double sided only to be accepted by the Feds. Any help in further understanding the process would be awesome. If you guys think its possible to get the paper work filled out by July 1'st and turn into my sherriff to save $35 that would be cool. What'ya think?

IF you are going to do an individual filing of the Form 1, meaning without a trust/llc/corp, then you have to have to Form 1 signed by a CLEO before it is submitted to the ATF. You could print out and complete the Form 1 and drop it off tomorrow at the Sheriff's office.
You can find the Form 1 online at the ATF website, click here for the .pdf.

For the ATF you need:
Two copies of the Form 1, each printed front and back on one piece of paper, filled out and signed off by CLEO. One copy will be retained by the ATF and the other will be stamped and returned to you.
Passport photos,
Fingerprints,
One copy of the Certification of Compliance, Form 5330.20 click here,
Check or MO for $200.

Mail it all to the address on the Form 1. Wait approx 3 months. DO NOT build your SBR until you have the approved, stamped Form 1 back from the ATF. You shouldn't even have a short upper until then, if you buy or build one store it at your buddies house, one that doesn't own a lower.

Personally, I recommend going with a trust. You skip CLEO signature, fingerprints, passport photos.

I was kinda on the fence whether to go single or the trust route and this has confirmed my route of trust. For example for an aow it would be $5 or with the single route it would be $75, (30 finger prints, 5 picture, 35 signature, 5 stamp).

Keep in mind that an AOW is $5 to transfer on a Form 4, but still $200 for you to build it yourself on a Form 1.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top