JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have done a ton of shooting here. I know most of the retired cops that work there and they actually are fairly knowledgeable. I have taken a couple of courses and they are great for novice concealed carry practice. The prices are a little high, but its always clean and everything always works. Also, when the different departments come in, sometimes if you're in there already they will let you run drills with them in their private facility next to the public one.

I shoot at the Public Safety Training Center regularly, and I highly recommend it. The center has knowledgeable staff, clean facilities, and the ammunition price (which you have to buy from them) is reasonable. What impresses me the most is the quality of the instructors. If you have a chance to take a class from Stu, it's well worth the money.

This is my favorite place to shoot. Great guys there. Very helpful to beginners. The place is clean. Don't have to pick up casings, just sweep it. Auto feed line is great. Yes.. I'm lazy. Haven't shot outside in the woods yet, but I seems like to pick up 200 rounds of casing and trash would be a nightmare.

I second the 5 star rating.

There are smart, foxy ladies there are the occasional Friday when I have the time to go and bring some with me, especially the first time shooters.

The staff is so friendly, I am completely willing to pay the few bucks more.
Highly recommended!

Remember, though;
Thursday is "cereal" day, where anybody shoots for $10 if you bring a box of cereal. and;
Friday is ladies night, where they shoot for $5.

The regular charge is $15.

Stu is HIGHLY recommended.... not real personable... but very knowledgeable. Pay attention, and you could learn A LOT from him.

Well said. I've taken a few classes from Stu and I feel he communicates what is necessary and prudent.

As for the curriculum, it centers around the basics, so it's good for novice to medium level people. If you want movement training, shoot house stuff, etc. then you need to attend an outdoor facility, possibly OFA.

I liked shooting there but the green (LE) deck moving targets were always broken. Not sure if that's been fixed but that's why I let my membership lapse. If all you needed was a shooting lane, it seemed to do ok... Its the best INDOOR range around. If they were to ever get those moving targets fixed, I'd probably go back

Went there for the first time today. Nice place, friendly staff. LOTS of shooters, but only had to wait 10 minutes for a lane to open. Wish we could use our own ammo, but otherwise there is nothing to not like about it.

Went there for the first time today. Nice place, friendly staff. LOTS of shooters, but only had to wait 10 minutes for a lane to open. Wish we could use our own ammo, but otherwise there is nothing to not like about it.

I concur about the ammo but understand why this is.

I also went away feeling very positive about the place and plan to return at least once a month. A really great place to shoot.

I actually haven't shot there but I've wanted to for a while. I know a few of the Officers and have done some work at that facility. The guys that work there are great. Prices are about the same as everywhere else, but I would rather give my money to people I respect.
I also go a lot to the English Pit in Vancouver. It's pretty run down. But I live right by it.

anyone know what kind of 22lr they have to offer there and possibly a rough price tag.

ive never been to an indoor range but ive been considering this place because its like 5 min away from my house. (never gone because i get nervous around police... always worried their gonna have some reason to confiscate something.)

anybody have an idea of how it works. how do i get a lane? how long do i have it for? can i do my gun maintenance at the lane or do i have to give it up to the next guy in line? (ive never been to a place where you have to wait in line)

anyone know what kind of 22lr they have to offer there and possibly a rough price tag.

ive never been to an indoor range but ive been considering this place because its like 5 min away from my house. (never gone because i get nervous around police... always worried their gonna have some reason to confiscate something.)

anybody have an idea of how it works. how do i get a lane? how long do i have it for? can i do my gun maintenance at the lane or do i have to give it up to the next guy in line? (ive never been to a place where you have to wait in line)

I've shot CCI Mini Mags there and see them sitting on the counter when they have them-I think they went for around $10. They've also had other brands.

Their ammunition availability/brands vary. The ammo availability is posted on a white board near the counter. I used to walk in, check the board, and then usually leave because they didn't have the caliber I need. Lately, I've been calling ahead.

If it's your first time they have you watch a safety video, go over the range rules with you and you will also need to fill out/sign an agreement form which has to do with the safety rules& regulations. You need to keep this form and present it next time you want to use the facility or you will have to go through the above procedure again. You're also asked if you are interested in a membership(cheaper if you plan to use the facility a lot). Then you're given a lane.

Waiting for a lane is longest on weekends. There's no time limit on the time
you're in the lane.

I like the Public Safety Training Center. Go on Thursday night, bring a box of cereal and they'll let you in for $5. I don't like having to buy their ammo, but at least the price isn't too bad. Very knowledgeable and friendly officers behind the counter. It's where I'll go until I get a large bore rifle that I want to shoot.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top