JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My good friend is just inside the red zone in Colton. He's a quadriplegic and lives with his parents there he had to evac to a hotel in Clackamas. Really hoping their home stays out of the fire path. It was safe as of yesterday.
but he has a $5000 bed and a $5000 hydro lift they couldn't move. He already played hell trying to get that stuff.

Being laid up in a regular hotel bed isn't good for him.

Prayers to all those affected.

And hopefully a painful long death for those who set fires and the POS's out there looting while people are fleeing.

There should be an open season on those people.

The smoke is really bad this morning in Wilsonville. My wife said the upstairs smoke detector went off three times before she disconnected it. She had the window AC on last night so inside isn't much better than outside.

The smoke is really bad this morning in Wilsonville. My wife said the upstairs smoke detector went off three times before she disconnected it. She had the window AC on last night so inside isn't much better than outside.

Your AC cools using outside air, and circulates inside air. No outside air is brought inside.

I assumed there was some mix since I can't select recirculate mode like I can in my car. You can definitely smell smoke coming through the output side even when the AC is not running.

I'm sure my window AC is two separate chambers and two separate fans on one motor. Mine isn't sealed off 100% around the unit though. Maybe that's what your smelling?

Daughter, family and in-laws already evacuated their homes in Molalla. Said it was like trying to leave the parking lot after the rodeo, log-jammed.
Edit to add: she called while leaving. Said all the side roads were blocked or jammed, that there were only two exits out of town. Makes you recognize what the folks were stuck in Paradise and Lake Oriville in Cali.
This is very telling. If you plan for bugging out, whenever the bubblegum hits the fan, it's better to leave BEFORE the bubblegum really hits. Then you're out before the parking lot forms. Imagine a more widespread 'emergency'. Imagine the roadways, when EVERYONE is trying to leave. Not just a small town. But the cities AND small towns. Preppers need to think about this aspect of what we prepare for. I'm not being critical of normal people - hoping the fire misses them!! On the contrary. We should all learn from this.

Thanks for the offers mates! The wind is going to be the biggest factor for a lot of folks including myself. Hopefully the wind models continue to be accurate and things settle down so the guys in red can actually fight the flames.

We had a sketchy night on Monday, fires to the east and south of us wind making things unsafe to go out. It's concerning to see fire through the trees and not knowing whether you should pack or go, and media (whether social or official) isn't updating as quickly as you'd like. We and others still don't have power, hopefully that will come online later today. Crossing fingers that today is favorable for fighting back the fires that continue to creep closer.

Some fires were intentional, others were just a result of the storm and terribly dry conditions. It's interesting to look at the map and see the biggest fires are directly east of Eugene, Salem, Ashland/Medford, and it makes you speculate a bit.

Very sad to see the destruction of property, forest/hunting habitat, and lives that are lost due to these times. My heart goes out to those who have been temporarily or permanently displaced.

OSP stopped by at about 4pm yesterday. Said hey your at level 3 now. I asked where is the fire? He said "I dunno" !
Stayed up all night checking on the orange glow.
It's about 5 miles away on the road. It's actually burning up at the summit of 224 looking over promontory park area. The fire had jumped the highway last night at about 9pm. By midnight it was raging up towards Fall Creek road. It hasn't burned across fall creek, but it's burning down near the river to Faraday power station. And headed to Estacada.
Still safe here, wind has died down.
Estacada is a ghost town.
Reports of looting all around.

Any body hear from @Velzey I know his A.O. is on full level III get out now alert! Hoping he and the family got out and are safe!

OSP stopped by at about 4pm yesterday. Said hey your at level 3 now. I asked where is the fire? He said "I dunno" !
It's about 5 miles away on the road. It's actually burning up at the summit of 224 looking over promontory park area. The fire had jumped the highway last night at about 9pm. By midnight it was raging up towards Fall Creek road. It hasn't burned across fall creek, but it's burning down near the river to Faraday power station. And headed to Estacada.

Have truck will travel.
Let me know if you need help evacuating. I've got an F-350 crew cab with a canopy. Can help evac people, animals, equipment, personal property.
Send PM.
Hope all goes well.

I assumed there was some mix since I can't select recirculate mode like I can in my car. You can definitely smell smoke coming through the output side even when the AC is not running.
Probably because most all homes are under a negative pressure with air leaking out kitchen hood and bathroom exhaust vents regardless of the cheesy backdraft dampers associated with residential HVAC. One can install an outside air duct with a filter to help keep the home at neutral to negative air pressure.

Not to bunny trail, but all those Amazon, Facebook and Apple data centers in Bordman/Hermiston/Prineville use a tremendous amount of OSA to keep their data pods at a postive air pressure relative to adjacent non critical spaces and this being the case they pull in all that smoky air. It does get filtered somewhat, but not enough to mitigate the smell.

Probably because most all homes are under a negative pressure with air leaking out kitchen hood and bathroom exhaust vents regardless of the cheesy backdraft dampers associated with residential HVAC. One can install an outside air duct with a filter to help keep the home at neutral to negative air pressure.

Not to bunny trail, but all those Amazon, Facebook and Apple data centers in Bordman/Hermiston/Prineville use a tremendous amount of OSA to keep their data pods at a postive air pressure relative to adjacent non critical spaces and this being the case they pull in all that smoky air. It does get filtered somewhat, but not enough to mitigate the smell.
Yeah our downstairs areas are much worse than upstairs. Definitely leakage.

Man, I hope the fire stays down in the canyon and burns it's self out soon. Terribly disappointing to hear of looting. Just think, if we didn't have all those rioting bubblegumheads in the city maybe they could have got some PPD to be up there and protect peoples home/businesses.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top