JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am so mad I could just spit nails right now. In 2 days my ad (which is the same as listed here in the classifieds) has been flagged 4 times and I reworded each time.
I'll be willing to bet that it is someone who has close to the same items as mine for more $$$, but it could be a gun-banning liberal with a quest to ride CL of these evil black gun accessory thingies!!!
I have bought and sold many items on CL over the years & this is the first time anyone has flagged me. Rant over, just frusterated I guess.
Here is my ad on NWF.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/pa...enter-industries-mags-single-point-sling.html

This false alarm Zombie road trip to Montana might have got my panties in a bunch too!!! LOL

Write your Ad in a word program COPY-PASTE into your ad posting. When some tard flags you COPY-PASTE and your ad is on top.

I wouldnt let it get to you just think of it as a reason to get your items on top.

Also AVOID SCAMS 80% of emails are SCAM!! Hit the 'hide' thing so no one can email and have them call so less chances of scammers. And of course CASH only they use pay pal now and continue to use any other "secure" payment plan. But its all scams take cash only FtF sale.

For whatever reasons, even unrelated to firearms, some individuals viewing craigslist will decide its their job to police things. So the mentaility that anything magazine related must therefore be firearms related sets off clanging alarms in certain skulls - however tiny.

I had 3 guitar amplifiers for sale a couple years ago, just thinning the herd to make room for more. Some nitwit decided I was a business using craigslist to advertize my inventory, because obviously more than one amp makes me a store - right? He flagged every musical instrument ad listing multiples of anything for a couple weeks (3 guitars, 2 fiddles, etc.), even on other guys just like me explaining they were private parties.

In every instance, this occurred within an hour of posting, day or night. Mouth breathing troglodyte...

Eventually he found some other issue to occupy his narrow band of attention and energy. Hopefully that will happen soon to your guy too.

Yeah, it's funny that the ad was up for 3 weeks with no problems but when I added the foregrip then the flagging started. I guess it looks like a gun in the pics so they were scared of it since they have no unearthly idea what it actually is.

It takes more then one person to flag an ad on Craigslist.
They accumulate in a "Bucket" and when the quota is met, then the ad is flagged off CL.
One vote per IP to any particular address is how it was explained to me.

It would make sense, I've tried looking into the terms of use & the flagging forum but it's just too dang much reading for this old caveman... I have to calm down, there are too many holes in the cave walls from my club.

I had the same issue when I was trying to sell a scope, some times it wouldn't even last 10 minutes. One thing I learned from internet research is that once you have an ad flagged, it becomes easier to flag further posts. Every time you get flagged, you get a mark against you and it lowers the "resistance" of your ads against flagging. One way to build it back up is to post more ads that don't get flagged, or create a new email address and new CL account and essentially start over. I also have gotten into the habit of using BackPage.com, Cl's closest competition and they are gun friendly, I have sold both an AR and a 9mm as well as other accessories on there with no headaches.

Flagging is part of Cl
People can and will flag for any or no reason. A lone person with a modicum of know-how can flag your posts with minimal effort.
The key is to stay vigilant. Keep track of your listings and re-post as soon as something is flagged... Sometimes before.

I like to re-post my ad ever day or so regardless of whether or not it was flagged.

It takes more then one person to flag an ad on Craigslist.

One vote per IP to any particular address is how it was explained to me.

This is incorrect, I have used tracking software in my ads and have been flagged by the same person using the same IP, it took them over thirty tries and about an hour or so to pull it off. CL has made changes so that the auto-flagger programs don't work as well by only accepting so many flags per min on an ad, and if they push to hard, CL will freeze the ad for a certain amount of time before it accepts new flags.

I had the same issue when I was trying to sell a scope, some times it wouldn't even last 10 minutes. One thing I learned from internet research is that once you have an ad flagged, it becomes easier to flag further posts. Every time you get flagged, you get a mark against you and it lowers the "resistance" of your ads against flagging. One way to build it back up is to post more ads that don't get flagged, or create a new email address and new CL account and essentially start over. I also have gotten into the habit of using BackPage.com, Cl's closest competition and they are gun friendly, I have sold both an AR and a 9mm as well as other accessories on there with no headaches.

I didn't know about backpage.com!!! Cool, thanks for that.

I've had various ads flaged of CL.
I had a supply of ammo cans that were getting flagged. Got to the point that I gave up on posting them on CL.
Also had a post that I will buy gold and silver (as a private collector). That got flagged as well.
Some of those commie wanna bes on CL are just useless dicks who should have their fingers lopped off. They get off on screwing with other peoples' lives.

You guys know that anything firearms related is not allowed by craigslist. Their site their rules

You are better off posting here, oregonlive, armslist,outdoorstrader, AR15.com, strumgewehr, etc

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top