JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LiveLeak.com - Police officer says "I Don't Care What The Law Is."

Just didn't know if anyone has seen the dash cam footage yet. I don't think that the officers actions from the getgo was even remotely appropriate. Not to mention just after the 3:25 mark the officer lacks muzzle awareness... hard.

Just watched it.
I don't think I have been that disgusted in a long time.
I do hope he wins his case and they all get early retirement, without the benefits. Ie; fired.
That was an absurd display of overbearing police and exactly what is happening to this country.
No wonder I see so much mistrust and disgust with LE.
Still in disbelief of what I just watched.

One mistake I see is the victim becomes emotional. I think the police would have looked even more thuggish and stupid had the victim remained calm. I know I wish the last time I had a two on one interaction with popo I woulda liked to have remained much calmer than I was.

My oh my!

"Long past are the days when it was respectable to be a cop in America."

To the Officers on the video...tis better to be thought a fool, than open your mouth and prove it.

Most people are stupid, and cops are just people. Wouldn't it be nice if we could hold cops to a higher standard than the rest of society? Unfortunately that is just not the case. I have met some wonderful people in law enforcement, and then I have come across some complete tools; just the same as with every other demographic in this society. There are some wonderful people who live on Se 82nd, and then there are some people who need to jump off a rather large cliff with no parachute.

Though Ive seen this video.. its still disgusts me. Leos are jackboot thugs empowered and entitled by the state. They are the faithful beast lapdogs of politicians and deserve no more respect than any another other meek man.

There was a time where the treasonous actions such as the violation of this mans constitutional rights would have earned these sorry excuses for cops a nice view from the tallest tree in town.

Let me be abundantly clear: I do not condone the actions of these officers however, I do not believe that this is an accurate representation of LEO's in general. They are people just like you and bm and the majority of them have had to deal with bubblegumty situations that neither you or myself have EVER had to deal with. That being said as they are mere people, just like you and me, they also come with just as many failures as you and me. If at some point they become jaded and let that inhibit their "assume innocence until shown otherwise" attitude then at that point they should be thanked for their service and allowed to leave. I have volunteered for the Eugene SWAT team and EPD, RTI, MRT, OSP, and Marion County Sheriffs department. These are good men, anything less than acknowledgment to that is shameful. Just let it be that these being good men there are men that don't always act appropriately in stress and that their are men within the group that are jaded. To say that "LEO's (all, without condition) are jackboot thugs empowered and entitled; beast lapdogs" is offensive, closed minded, paranoid, and lack of overall knowledge of what these men go though. And if you are seriously advocating these men in the video be hung for their actions instead of a more appropriate punishment then you can go ahead and join them on that "tallest tree in the town." Let it suffice that these officers should have their jobs be removed, pensions cut, and brought up on charges of larceny, and arresting without probable cause but by no means does it show how every LEO would react. Proof: this officer in Albany Oregon handled the situation responsibly without infringing HERE. Or how about our sherrif in Linn County? HERE.

Edit: I love auto censoring.

Let me be abundantly clear: I do not condone the actions of these officers however, I do not believe that this is an accurate representation of LEO's in general. They are people just like you and bm and the majority of them have had to deal with bubblegumty situations that neither you or myself have EVER had to deal with. That being said as they are mere people, just like you and me, they also come with just as many failures as you and me. If at some point they become jaded and let that inhibit their "assume innocence until shown otherwise" attitude then at that point they should be thanked for their service and allowed to leave. I have volunteered for the Eugene SWAT team and EPD, RTI, MRT, OSP, and Marion County Sheriffs department. These are good men, anything less than acknowledgment to that is shameful. Just let it be that these being good men there are men that don't always act appropriately in stress and that their are men within the group that are jaded. To say that "LEO's (all, without condition) are jackboot thugs empowered and entitled; beast lapdogs" is offensive, closed minded, paranoid, and lack of overall knowledge of what these men go though. And if you are seriously advocating these men in the video be hung for their actions instead of a more appropriate punishment then you can go ahead and join them on that "tallest tree in the town." Let it suffice that these officers should have their jobs be removed, pensions cut, and brought up on charges of larceny, and arresting without probable cause but by no means does it show how every LEO would react. Proof: this officer in Albany Oregon handled the situation responsibly without infringing HERE. Or how about our sherrif in Linn County? HERE.

Edit: I love auto censoring.

I stand by my statement. Your opinion does NOT sway mine in any way shape or form.
Yeah.. Let the tax payers foot the bill then drop all the charges and just bury the case.. Yeah.. what great way of dealing with things like this.. Wonder why it keeps occurring?.. Hmm..
Not all leos are hero's, saints..etc and none deserve any more respect than what any other person should or would command.
Nor do they get into as dire situations as you portray. Some of us have been through and seen hell, and have visited more than our fair.

They are extortion policy enforcers.
Ill use the same analogy as I always do when it comes to this topic:
Im quite sure there were decent SS troopers too.. Real humanitarians.

A good LE would have stopped.
Asked a few questions ran him for wants or warrants then let him go on his way with respect that he was doing something good with his son.
Then relayed to dispatch to advise any other callers that he had already been checked out.
But real cops seem to be in the minority anymore.

Not all leos are hero's, saints..etc
You are right. Just like I said, but not all being heroes is very different than saying that the whole pot is bad merely because of their profession as you stated. My wife owes her life to such individuals and to label the whole for the mistakes of the few is unjust and quite frankly retarded.
Nor do they get into as dire situations as you portray.
<broken link removed> found himself in a "dire situation" as I portrayed. The other 6 responding officers that responded did also only they walked away with their lives. You know what this guy did for a living? He was on the MRT unit. He was the guy you would talk to if you found yourself wanting to jump from a building. He was the guy that cared enough to take the job of trying to talk you down. I have worked with this man. He most certainly was not a "lapdog." There are at least 20 other instances here in the valley in the past 3 years that I know about that involve people I volunteered for.
I've met my fair share of officers who did not act appropriately but being an officer is not about enforcing policy it's about trying to encourage the populous to act civil so they don't have to. That is the mentality that I have seen demonstrated over and over here in Oregon.

Your opinion does NOT sway mine in any way shape or form.
Not my intent. In fact only a fool would think that they could attempt to change your rudimentary, paranoid, prejudice. My only intent is to show others reading this that in my experiences LEO's (as a whole) have sacrificed something that you have yet to sacrifice.

You know why I volunteer? I do it so that they can make the mistake of arresting without cause when it doesn't matter. So, that they make the mistakes that they are going to make now when they can see "oh, that would have cost me my life" or "well I didn't have any legal justification to do that." Are you willing to complain about the issue but not be a part of a solution?

Again, if you think that LEO's should "enjoy the towns tallest tree" merely because they are LEO's then you can join them when the hanging starts.

Edit: Wow, didn't realize the level of PC this site is. Bubblegumed, in the first paragraph, was a word that was auto edited and is substituted for "slow or limited in intellectual or emotional development."

A good LE would have stopped.

A good LEO wouldn't have even issued a stop. There was no legal justification to make the stop. And it was a stop since it was commanded and not asked. UNITED STATES v. DeBERRY, No.?95-2232., February 22, 1996 - US 7th Circuit | FindLaw This case comes to mind when thinking about any "stop and frisk" situations. TLDR: it was legal to stop the individual with a concealed handgun only because at the time the state of Illinois had no such provisions for CHL. So, seeing a "printing" gun would be reasonable suspicion of a crime being committed. However, it also says that if it had happened in a state with CHL stipulations there would be no legal precedent for making a stop. IE commanding a stop. If this form of reasoning was to also apply to states that had legal carry laws (in this case Texas it is legal to carry an open long gun) then it would be illegal for the officer to command a stop merely because he saw a long gun.

Growing up, the LE would actually be part of the community. They would see us walking down the road, rifle or shotgun in hand. Slow down and ask how the hunting was.
One used to come out after shift change and join us hunting pheasant in the back pasture.
Some would anchor up alongside us in the spring and share a beer and actually relax during the springer run.
Now they all seem like high strung steroid addicts.
Not all, but many of them. They dont have sense of community and usually only associate with other LE and have a tall barrier up to the regular citizens.
Times are different and not for the betterment of anyone.

You are right. Just like I said, but not all being heroes is very different than saying that the whole pot is bad merely because of their profession as you stated. My wife owes her life to such individuals and to label the whole for the mistakes of the few is unjust and quite frankly bubblegumed..

One is being labeled by the other in the hopes of you seeing their claim as the definition for the other. Which in this case is the cop claiming the innocent guy is a criminal. Clearly by the video the innocent man did nothing wrong other than he should have disarmed the cop for going beyond the scope of his authority & continued to defend his constitutional rights against the next illegal aggressor that showed up. So what I would gather from a person that states all cops are bad, no that's not true because that has as much weight as a cop stating all criminalls are criminals. Because its simply not true neither. If the cop would have followed the law, the man would not have been deemed a criminal in the first place, but because the cop performed illegal activities, the man was labeled a criminal. The court is doing a public service to all of us by letting everyone know ahead of time that a cop can go against your 4th amendment & 2nd amendment rights, by wrongfully taking your property (this case being a firearm). And later in court those illegal 4th & 2nd amendment infringements will get upheld by the court, so that should tell everyone that if you want to remedy your grievance's against the government, you had better do it then and there & not expect the court to do it for you later. That cop was the only criminal there that day & the court is showing everyone that they will continue to get away with it, unless you force a change. A lot of these people they deem 'criminals', are doing nothing illegal, just like the guy in the story above. For him standing up to that cop when the cop performs an illegal seizure of property, is what got an innocent man labeled a criminal. Its clear then that the label of criminal deserves a whole lot more respect than the label of cop.

One is being labeled by the other in the hopes of you seeing their claim as the definition for the other. Which in this case is the cop claiming the innocent guy is a criminal. Clearly by the video the innocent man did nothing wrong other than he should have disarmed the cop for improper use of authority & then defended his rights (life) against the next illegal aggressor that showed up. So what I would gather from a person that states all cops are bad, no that's not true because that has as much weight as a cop stating all criminalls are criminals. Because its simply not true neither. If the cop would have followed the law, the man would not have been deemed a criminal in the first place, but because the cop performed illegal activities, the man was labeled a criminal. The court is doing a public service to all of us by letting everyone know ahead of time that a cop can go against your 4th amendment & 2nd amendment rights, by wrongfully taking your property (this case being a firearm). And later in court those illegal 4th & 2nd amendment infringements will get upheld by the court, so that should tell everyone that if you want to remedy your grievance's against the government, you had better do it then and there & not expect the court to do it for you later. That cop was the only criminal there that day & the court is showing everyone that they will continue to get away with it, unless you force a change. A lot of these people they deem 'criminals', are doing nothing illegal, just like the guy in the story above. For him standing up to that cop when the cop performs an illegal seizure of property, is what got an innocent man labeled a criminal. Its clear then that the label of criminal deserves a whole lot more respect than the label of cop.

I have no particular disagreement with your statement except one: you say that you would "deal with the situation then and there and not expect the courts to do it for you later" If you are to deal with it then and there you will still have to justify you actions in court regardless of if it is under compliance or resistance. And there are avenues for such. One of which Grisham has elected to take. The avenue of appeal which I'm almost certain will allow for justice with the hundreds of precedents that have already been established.

As far as your other comments: paraphrased "cops is not synonyms with a just cop or an unjust cop" and "criminal is not synonyms with a true criminal and an unjustly accused and convicted criminal" I 100% agree.

Until cops act to remove the bad apples instead of protecting them they will get no respect.
I will show it once it is earned, but until that time I will consider them a danger to my liberty.

My last experience with a cop only enforced the perception many are huge walking Steely Dans.
This happened a week ago in Florida. I was driving through downtown Clearwater and saw that there was something going on - a couple of city blocks were closed off from traffic and there was a crowd in that area. Some days before I heard of a Taste of ..........(could not remember the city where it was to take place), so I assumed that this must be it. I parked the car and walked to an area that looked like an entrance where there was a cop standing. I asked what was going on and he just looked at me and then looked away without saying a word.
Thanks for the courtesy you jerk.

Then I learned from another guy there that it was some sort of scientology retreat.
I looked up at the sky but did not see any spaceships. LOL

I have no particular disagreement with your statement except one: you say that you would "deal with the situation then and there and not expect the courts to do it for you later" If you are to deal with it then and there you will still have to justify you actions in court regardless of if it is under compliance or resistance. And there are avenues for such. One of which Grisham has elected to take. The avenue of appeal which I'm almost certain will allow for justice with the hundreds of precedents that have already been established.

As far as your other comments: paraphrased "cops is not synonyms with a just cop or an unjust cop" and "criminal is not synonyms with a true criminal and an unjustly accused and convicted criminal" I 100% agree.

There are times when justifying actions in court are a lost cause. And it comes down to compliance or resistance. Who do you suppose made this same choice & did they choose compliance or resistance? I am glad they chose resistance. The guy in the case above was no less justified if he chose the same path but he didn't. He has chosen to accept the indignity of going through their appeals process, like millions of others have and do, even when it's so blatantly obvious the government is the only one that's wrong. That's a personal decision and I can't say he is wrong or right because it is his decision to make, not mine.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top