JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have no problem with agreeing to an understanding that differences of opinion should attempted to be carried out in a respectful manner. I have no problem at least trying to walk away from a nut job going all crazy because I don’t agree with their anti-gun rant. I struggle a little bit with for example comparing being unhappy about car safety changes to compromising on the “shall not be infringed” statement within the 2nd Amendment. Cars and the rules governing them are privileges, not rights. It’s correct that, as of today, we can still go where we want in this Country without showing papers (unless you are flying), but driving there is a privilege the Government can control. Now, to me, the 2nd Amendment is a “right” on which this Country was founded. It’s nonnegotiable. There is no compromise, only surrender which gun owners have been doing from the start. Being a gun owner doesn’t make one a a 2nd Amendment supporter and it also doesn’t make them a responsible person capable of responsible decisions – hence the two mentioned became politicians.

Thanks for writing.

Is the AGCR mag coming back?

I get a little bit of non nra gun reading, and I just want more ;)

I've spent so much time working in in the Alaskan commercial fisheries the last few years that keeping a regular publication isn't realistic for the time being. Occupy the 2nd Amendment weblog is a sideshow until I can bring the full magazine back. It may be a while longer...

So we are show Civility.But it's ok for the anti's to call for the death of NRA leaders and members..

Except that for every death threat against the NRA from anti-gunners, there are about a thousand hysterical right wingers who threaten the lives of ordinary Americans just for taking a political position, however wrong it may be. I didn't go into detail in my article, but the director of the Liberal Gun Club has not only received threats personally from conservatives, but even his wife. My point: It's not even steven. The right wing is the only side willing to escalate to that level with any frequency. That's why Kevin Starrett doesn't get death threats but Sarah Brady does. That is why gun rights are endangered by people who scare citizens on the fence with violent rhetoric. It needs to end.

Ross, I wondered where you had gotten off to. Glad to here your voice here again. Your article is much appreciated. I think we as 2A supporters all need to work a little harder to engage with doubters and anti's in a civil manner over such a heated issue in such times as these. It is the only path to future success that I can see.

So we are show Civility.But it's ok for the anti's to call for the death of NRA leaders and members..

When people take responsibility for their own actions/reactions, then there will be progress.

Pointing a finger at "them" to say "they started it" goes no where, and indeed self validates a person's bile. When individuals take it upon themselves to stop the crap, then we'll get somewhere.

It needs to end.

There are several on this very forum that seem to relish the thought of "the coming war with liberals". I have been shocked at the number of comments referencing the shooting of "blue helmets".

These kinds of comments need to be called out and ridiculed as unreasonable. They are the kinds of comments that put Yeager's keester in a sling, and rightly so.

now this is what I have been talking about. reasonable people coming together on a common cause and respecting that we're all going to disagree on one thing or another without painting them to be some ridiculous 'ist' statistist, facist, maoist, communis

people really need to save the Stalin and Hitler nonsense. the debate is about specifics. the un isnt going to storm your house and put you in a fema camp for having an AR 15. the hysteria needs to go away

Ross, I wondered where you had gotten off to. Glad to here your voice here again. Your article is much appreciated. I think we as 2A supporters all need to work a little harder to engage with doubters and anti's in a civil manner over such a heated issue in such times as these. It is the only path to future success that I can see.

Thanks. Well, what happened is I've been working on other distracting projects but right after Sandyhook I started getting some minor media attention again so it made sense to get back on the gun politics train.

now this is what I have been talking about. reasonable people coming together on a common cause and respecting that we're all going to disagree on one thing or another without painting them to be some ridiculous 'ist' statistist, facist, maoist, communis

people really need to save the Stalin and Hitler nonsense. the debate is about specifics. the un isnt going to storm your house and put you in a fema camp for having an AR 15. the hysteria needs to go away

I remember you.

I think there's more than enough hyperbole and baiting on both sides of the issue. Seeing the signs in Salem with pictures of Hitler on them made me cringe.

Civility is a road that goes both directions. When I see the shrill, pinched faced, nutjob anti gun folks who make absoloutely no sense with their arguments, it's hard for me to control my B***h slap response. I, frankly, am tired of playing Mr. Nice Guy while the leftys kick my cause in the Ba**s! Rail on the "Progressive Left" to become civil and I'll feel better about it too!:s0155:

Rail on the "Progressive Left" to become civil and I'll feel better about it too!:s0155:

I do, but since they are kicked in the stones at every turn on NWFA, there are none here spouting overtly stupid crap to rail against. They are elsewhere, however.

Stupid has no political agenda, and does not discriminate.

You know, I would love for a liberal gun owner to make the case for the Second Amendment. I am interested in how anyone who supports the progressively liberal agenda balances that with gun ownership. Problem is, the conversation about the 2A only lasts a few minutes before it is side tracked to abortion rights, entitlements, social equality, how terrible the "Rs" are and how great the "Ds" are.

I personally don't care about your sexual orientation, sex, race, or politics. If you don't have some desire for self preservation and cannot see the need for firearms to insure our freedom, I believe you are mentally ill and in denial. I reject the lemming like behavior that says we do not need to defend ourselves and that we need to surrender ourselves to the government for protection. That is like running to the wolf because the sheep are at the door!! JMO, if I am wrong, convince me.

You know, I would love for a liberal gun owner to make the case for the Second Amendment. I am interested in how anyone who supports the progressively liberal agenda balances that with gun ownership. Problem is, the conversation about the 2A only lasts a few minutes before it is side tracked to abortion rights, entitlements, social equality, how terrible the "Rs" are and how great the "Ds" are.

I personally don't care about your sexual orientation, sex, race, or politics. If you don't have some desire for self preservation and cannot see the need for firearms to insure our freedom, I believe you are mentally ill and in denial. I reject the lemming like behavior that says we do noneedee to defend ourselves and that we need to surrender ourselves to the government for protection. That is like running to the wolf because the sheep are at the door!! JMO, if I am wrong, convince me.

You are mixing thing up there, Dune.

There are a great many liberal, Democratic gun owners out here in America. Most all of us strongly support the 2A. Lots of us like and keep dreaded black rifles with big mags. We think that the Dems are on the wrong side of the gun rights issue.

The problem is that we also think the Dems are on the right (correct) side of some other policy issues. Things like public education, women's rights, abortion rights, certain entitlement programs (not all for sure). The GOP is wrong on many social issues (as borne out by the last two elections), but they are right on the gun rights issue. Go figure.

It would be nice if we could always stick everything in nice neat packages, but public policy, human rights, freedom and life itself just don't work out that way. It is a messy business.

You're gonna be waiting awhile.

When people take responsibility for their own actions/reactions, then there will be progress.

Pointing a finger at "them" to say "they started it" goes no where, and indeed self validates a person's bile. When individuals take it upon themselves to stop the crap, then we'll get somewhere.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top