JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In Berkeley, CA (where else?) they are moving ahead with a plan to employ non-armed civilians (NAC's) to enforce traffic laws. I suppose it will work this way: From a loudspeaker, the NAC will politely ask the speeding, possibly impaired driver to pull into a safe place so that your infraction may be handled in a quick, impartial and friendly manner at little inconvenience to the driver. Apologizing for stopping you, the NAC will ask you for your driver's license. You have the option of showing it... if you have one... or refusing. If you refuse, the NAC will again apologize for your inconvenience, tell you to "Have a good day" and let you go on your way. If the driver has a back seat full of drugs, or a young woman who is bound, gagged or bleeding, the NAC will quickly get on the radio and ask for a police officer's help. If the driver produces a firearm, the NAC is trained to run away and call for a police officer. If the driver shoots the NAC, other NAC's will respond, assess the situation and call for a police officer. If the driver refuses to stop and is going at a dangerously high rate of speed, the NAC is trained not to pursue but will call for a police officer. You get the idea. I think it's a super idea! Hire what amounts to a "meter-maid" at minimum salary to replace a significant number of police officers. Give them minimal, thus less expensive training and put them in harm's way. I'm sure that will be a benefit to the public! Another level of bureaucracy, greater burdens on your tax dollars, more crime to be investigated and more deaths and injuries. Ultimate solution? Hire more NACs, extensively train them to handle all potential issues, arm them and give them arrest powers, but don't call them "police officers" because that's offensive!

I've seen Californians drive. There isn't one who could be so bold as to ever critique my driving.

Maybe when they learn how a stop sign works, we can talk.

So, what you're saying is the NAC has zero authority and I can just go about my merry way and ignore their Karen like will just the same as I ignore every other dingleberry who has an opinion on the road?

I see no way that this can go wrong. No way whatsoever... Bring it on! :D

Last Edited:
Tint all your windows as dark as you can stand, including your front windshield.
Remove license plates.
Cover VIN.
Drive Mad Max style everywhere you go.

Who's going to stop you?

You need to look at the whole picture. It will work. It's Berkeley, so you need to understand IC powered cars will be forbidden. Electric only. Also, , you don't own the car, you purchased a license that enables you to use it, only when withing the agreement you signed. Tesla already does that. If the civilian traffic enforcer sees you doing something wrong in this licensed electric powered vehicle, they will not confront you. They may send a strongly worded text message on your car's entertainment system. Maybe post it on instagram. If you still continue to misbehave after that, they will activate the remote driver control disable on your car, and the remote door locks, and then have the car drive you, under their control, to the nearest political re-education center. Everybody is safe and happy! :)

In Berkeley, CA (where else?) they are moving ahead with a plan to employ non-armed civilians (NAC's) to enforce traffic laws. I suppose it will work this way: From a loudspeaker, the NAC will politely ask the speeding, possibly impaired driver to pull into a safe place so that your infraction may be handled in a quick, impartial and friendly manner at little inconvenience to the driver. Apologizing for stopping you, the NAC will ask you for your driver's license. You have the option of showing it... if you have one... or refusing. If you refuse, the NAC will again apologize for your inconvenience, tell you to "Have a good day" and let you go on your way. If the driver has a back seat full of drugs, or a young woman who is bound, gagged or bleeding, the NAC will quickly get on the radio and ask for a police officer's help. If the driver produces a firearm, the NAC is trained to run away and call for a police officer. If the driver shoots the NAC, other NAC's will respond, assess the situation and call for a police officer. If the driver refuses to stop and is going at a dangerously high rate of speed, the NAC is trained not to pursue but will call for a police officer. You get the idea. I think it's a super idea! Hire what amounts to a "meter-maid" at minimum salary to replace a significant number of police officers. Give them minimal, thus less expensive training and put them in harm's way. I'm sure that will be a benefit to the public! Another level of bureaucracy, greater burdens on your tax dollars, more crime to be investigated and more deaths and injuries. Ultimate solution? Hire more NACs, extensively train them to handle all potential issues, arm them and give them arrest powers, but don't call them "police officers" because that's offensive!
Punctuation enforcement, stat!

Tint all your windows as dark as you can stand, including your front windshield.
Remove license plates.
Cover VIN.
Drive Mad Max style everywhere you go.

Who's going to stop you?
That's what they do in Saudi Arabia already!

Although in KSA, they just duct tape over the plates instead of remove them. :eek:

The punctuation in your OP is atrocious. Not that there's anything wrong with that...:s0140:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top