JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Highly recommended and have been purchasing firearms and ammo from the CMP for the last 10 years when I can.

You can find this link on their main page: https://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/CMPBrochure.pdf?ver043020

It links to a PDF and describes what they are all about, history, etc. As far as the forums go . . . they are moderated and they have a lot of very friendly and knowledgeable people, but like all good resources there are always a few bad apples that show up from time to time.

From their website:
The CMP traces its direct lineage to 1903 when Congress and President Theodore Roosevelt established the National Board for the Promotion of Rifle Practice (NBPRP) and the National Matches.
I'm currently waiting on an order for another M1 Garand from the CMP. :)

I've looked at the Garands and have been to two of the two day classes that they used to do so you could get one for $165.00. Just never bought one, I'd rather antie up for a M-1a from Springfield. I've not bought one of those either. I'm still stuck on bolt guns I guess.

Last Edited:
I would go so far to say that they are THE company. They literally have an exemption in law to be able to send rifles directly to the doors of folks, however some states have nullified that, so peasants like us in WA & OR do not get to partake in direct to door.

I would go so far to say that they are THE company. They literally have an exemption in law to be able to send rifles directly to the doors of folks, however some states have nullified that, so peasants like us in WA & OR do not get to partake in direct to door.
I use to fly to Birmingham, rent a car and spend Tuesday nights in Anniston. Get up early Wed. morning and usually be one of the first into the freshly stocked south store. I'd hand pick Garands, go back to the hotel, check out, head back to the airport and return the rental. I would fly west and damn near get passed up by the FedEx jet hauling my Garands. Thursday mornings the FedEx van would pull up right around 10AM with the goods. The good ole days.

Last Edited:
I have three in the works. Right now they are working on filling May orders. My first one was submitted in June.

-E-
I was wondering what the wait time would be. It's been nearly a decade since I'd ordered one. I already have more than one. :)

I sent my packet in about a month and a half ago, looks like I have at least a couple more months to wait. No worries, I'm not in a hurry.

The CMP forum has a thread that members/customers use to update their orders placed and when orders were received. The wait can be grueling but the end result is always worth it.

I used to be on the CMP forums a fair amount. It's a good forum for collectors.

I soured on it a few years ago when I expressed an opinion about a gun, and another guy took exception to my opinion and verbally assaulted me. It wouldn't have bothered me except he was some kind of big-man-on-campus. I suppose I was too thin skinned, and I let one big mouthed jerk turn me off on participating there. Maybe someday I'll go back.

I bought a Kimber 82G "rusty" from them, 15 years ago......$400/shipped

AQOCJk.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews