JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
City of Milwaukee considers banning company over KKK sticker, firearms displays

So here is my take on this. In the story it says the company has 50 million worth of contracts with just the city. So this is a big construction outfit.... And they had a couple of employees who sound like bad apples.

Well.... I can tell you unequivocally that every big construction company is going to have some bad apples. That is just a fact of both the industry and the employment base.

Anyway. I thought it interesting that a picture of a couple guys with pistols and a sticker was "offensive" enough to make it a news story and a big enough deal that it might cost a company its most lucrative contracts

That outfit should probably have a policy prohibiting the display of offensive or explicit materials at work, like most companies do. I certainly wouldn't put up with klan stickers being displayed if it was my company.

Also it doesn't sound like the issue was the employees being armed but racist posts on social media. I know at my work, we have a digital media policy where I can be held accountable for things i may say on social media where it could be considered i was acting as an ambassador good or bad of the company.

Sounds like a couple of self-important city aldermen are all puffed up that everyone isn't stopping the entire world and dropping what they're doing so they can publicly virtue signal.... the company terminated their employment as soon as the situation was brought to light, WTH else is a business owner supposed to do past that?

:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Sounds like a couple of self-important city aldermen are all puffed up that everyone isn't stopping the entire world and dropping what their doing so they can publicly virtue signal.... the company terminated their employment as soon as the situation was brought to light, WTH else is a business owner supposed to do past that?

:rolleyes:
Ritual seppuku or self immolation before the council comes to mind. A problem of this enormity demands an enormous response.

It's on his damn lunch bucket, who cares?
Exactly what I was thinking.
This part:
two workers have holstered guns and a third has a firearm in his hand.
Ehh, probably wasn't too smart to post a pic of this on Facebook but FWIW I see holstered guns at my workplace and have see firearms in hand (including my own) but we certainly didn't post pics of it on anyone's FB page.

Yet another fine example life being complicated by Facebook. What's the real lesson that should be learned here?

That outfit should probably have a policy prohibiting the display of offensive or explicit materials at work, like most companies do. I certainly wouldn't put up with klan stickers being displayed if it was my company.

Also it doesn't sound like the issue was the employees being armed but racist posts on social media. I know at my work, we have a digital media policy where I can be held accountable for things i may say on social media where it could be considered i was acting as an ambassador good or bad of the company.
So, your personal social media content can be used against you as an employee, if it's out of line with the corporate step?

That's a bit invasive for me...

Just sayin, there is a First Amendment... Still...

So, your personal social media content can be used against you as an employee, if it's out of line with the corporate step?

That's a bit encasing for me...

Just sayin, there is a First Amendment... Still...

Yes. The only time I've seen it used is an employee was disciplined after they posted pictures of a famous person who came in for something healthcare related which could be considered a HIPAA violation.

Basically the policy says that even on your own time and private account, if you act against the interests of the company, you could be disciplined (corporate secrets, threats etc).

Just part of working for someone else, you have to follow their rules.

So, Alderman Stamper wants to act against racism, yet thinks that gender stereotyping is fine?

CT said:
"He still has not had the decency, the respect, or the responsibility to come before this council and face this situation like a responsible business owner, like a man," said Alderman Russell Stamper, who is sponsoring the three resolutions.

Seems like a sexist bastard to me............................
They need to recall xim* as zes* kind of prejudice only harms the community.

Ray
* I don't know if those are used correctly and I don't really care as it's just a joke

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top