JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Columbia's bump stock ban one of nation's first gun-related laws of its kind

Absolute nonsense.... This does nothing. Bans the use in the city limits of a bump stock or trigger crank. You can still have one though as long as you keep it in a seperate box.

These "feel good" laws are just nuts. The self congratulatory BS the mayor spouts at the end just makes me want to puke.

"Columbia's ordinance, which was introduced at the Dec. 5 City Council meeting, makes it illegal to attach bump stocks or trigger cranks to any guns within the city, except by military or law enforcement personnel. It would still be legal to own those devices, so long as they are stored in separate containers from firearms."

:s0036::s0063::s0163::s0167::s0135:

lol isnt shooting within city limits illegal? what difference does it make whats installed on the gun if its not ok to shoot one in the city anyway??!?!!

I wonder if Portland, Eugene, Ashland will get their ban voted in before Ginny, Prozanski, Brownstain make it state law?

But if it saves one life..................................................................
Ray

Gloria Steinam.jpg

Didn't read the article, felt like it would just be a waste of time.

Legal to buy
Legal to own
Legal to sell
Not legal to attach to firearm in city limits.
misdemeanor

Of course, someone that wants to fake a mass shooting to cover up an FBI deal gone bad in part of a hotel owned by a Saudi billionaire who heavily donated to clintons and is a major stockholder in Citibank who picked every single one of Obama's cabinet who just got arrested in Saudi, they will hook one up to a rifle and leave it to be found by the police.
/tinfoilhat

Gahh! the city of my birth no less! Well, there will be lawsuits shortly. SC already has a pre-emption statute, so Columbia will have to find a legal argument that circumvents it.

Considering most ACTUAL COMBAT ARMS VETERANS, especially SOF actually know how to shoot and know how firearms work, I don't think you have to worry about US using bump stocks, we will leave that to you, the CIVILIAN to buy into the gimmick companies and use things that anti-gun people fear. So keep open carrying your PISTOL BRACE ARs at rallies, and we will remain quiet.

While your at it, go run a mile or two. Most civilian shooters I see are so FAT, that their open carried handguns end up looking like reverse FBI angle on the belt because their pants don't fit and they have no concept of what combat marksmanship actually is.

"You"?

FYI

I am a veteran and ex-LEO.

I don't carry open. I rarely carry at all.

I don't have bump stocks or trigger cranks, but I would not mind having a binary trigger for fun (I know how to mod most self defense rifle triggers to be binary with a feeler gauge - I've done it just to see if it could be done).

I am out of shape but not fat. I can't run because of a back injury - sometimes I have trouble walking. I see a doc and MT every 2 weeks just to keep me mobile, but at 64 it is getting worse.

I have no illusions about being any kind of warrior, but I don't trust the government either, hence my comment. Anybody who trusts those in power is naive.

Considering most ACTUAL COMBAT ARMS VETERANS, especially SOF actually know how to shoot and know how firearms work, I don't think you have to worry about US using bump stocks, we will leave that to you, the CIVILIAN to buy into the gimmick companies and use things that anti-gun people fear. So keep open carrying your PISTOL BRACE ARs at rallies, and we will remain quiet.

While your at it, go run a mile or two. Most civilian shooters I see are so FAT, that their open carried handguns end up looking like reverse FBI angle on the belt because their pants don't fit and they have no concept of what combat marksmanship actually is.

This isn't about fat guys playing soldier. This IS about the government continuing to erode Second Amendment RIGHTS so they can eventually turn citizens into subjects.

I personally have no desire for a bump stock, binary trigger, etc., but I sure as hell am not in favor of them being banned. I'm with you fully on gimmicks; they have no place on any of my firearms. However, if somebody wants one or the other just for the fun of it or for their own defense I'm all for it - it's their business and NOT mine or yours.

:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top