JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Thousands of signatures and counting. Once a petition hits 150 signatures, it goes public. Until then, its up to individuals to promote it.
Oregon's
<broken link removed>
Montana's
<broken link removed>
Idaho's. NEEDS Signatures to go public and gain the momentum it needs.
<broken link removed>

News article explaining a little more about this movement.
Secession petitions filed on White House Web site

Edit to add: At first glance, its not directly related to firearms. However, the idea of secession from the union is in itself an issue related to firearms. Particularly policy similar to Montana's about not falling under federal laws concerning manufacture, class, or possession of certain firearms.

Update, well over 20 states now. And Texas blew past the 25k number of signatures needed to actually make the White House respond to the demand. Please, lets the NW involved. Oregon, Idaho, Montana, start signing!

I'd say it is directly related to firearms, as any attempt to separate from the Union would probably turn nasty like it did in the War of Northern Agression.

Check the survival and preparedness forum, already a thread on this. Regardless it is totally and completely meaningless and absolutely nothing will come of it.

Okay maybe not meaningless, but its not new that people are unhappy with the elcetion.

Check the survival and preparedness forum, already a thread on this. Regardless it is totally and completely meaningless and absolutely nothing will come of it.

Okay maybe not meaningless, but its not new that people are unhappy with the elcetion.
Yeah, and when you consider these petitions were posted by, then spammed with thousands of votes by organized political groups, it is nothing but sour grapes from sore losers that would rather continue creating division rather than look at the recent loss and learn how to adapt and win next time.

PS: Considering the vast majority of those states are "taker" states that take more federal revenue than they generate, I would think most conservative would want them kicked out of the union. Not go out with them.

Let's see, gun rights being on the chopping block along with a hostile small business environment, I can see why some would think about leaving the US. Thank goodness for the Constitution though, it will endure and save the country despite the short term damage.

Yeah, and when you consider these petitions were posted by, then spammed with thousands of votes by organized political groups, it is nothing but sour grapes from sore losers that would rather continue creating division rather than look at the recent loss and learn how to adapt and win next time.

I agree. I have never seen such turd kicking and cry baby antics as what has ocurred as a result of the past two POTUS elections.

PS: Considering the vast majority of those states are "taker" states that take more federal revenue than they generate, I would think most conservative would want them kicked out of the union. Not go out with them.

Implying seceding states would have to continue operating the federally mandated entitlement programs that results in their net intake, those entitlement programs being a primary reason driving secessionist sentiment.

As usual, statist math is devoid of all logic.

Implying seceding states would have to continue operating the federally mandated entitlement programs that results in their net intake, since those entitlement programs being a primary reason driving secessionist sentiment.

As usual, statist math is devoid of all logic.

Would it be safe to assume that when the time comes you will pass on taking social security or Medicare? If a state seceeded you would move there?

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads