JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been on their mailing list for what seems like ages, I sign petitions and occasionally send funds, but I really don't know much about them.

I know they are based out of Bellevue, and I was wondering if they get involved in local Or./Wa issues, or do they mostly stick with national issues.
And of course, how effective are they?

I belong to a few pro gun organizations, NRA, Gun Owners of America, Second Amendment Foundation, and a couple of others, so my hard earned dollars get spread around.

Is there a compelling reason for me to join? Or should I just continue to send them a few bucks every now and then?

SAF and CCRKBA are two similar orgs both run by Alan Gottlieb. AFAIK, SAF is a 501(c)3 foundation and CCRKBA is a 501(c)4 that does lobbying. Federal law means they are more effective as separate orgs, like NRA and NRA ILA.

Gottlieb has run a number of similar political groups over many years for various conservative causes and built a pretty expansive direct marketing empire in Bellevue. Here is a very biased article from two decades ago that gives some background that most people are unaware of.

http://www.sweetliberty.org/mof.htm

I'm glad he is on the pro-gun side. Not quite sure what to make of turning political lobbying and fundraising into a business for profit though.

SAF and CCRKBA are two similar orgs both run by Alan Gottlieb. AFAIK, SAF is a 501(c)3 foundation and CCRKBA is a 501(c)4 that does lobbying. Federal law means they are more effective as separate orgs, like NRA and NRA ILA.

Gottlieb has run a number of similar political groups over many years for various conservative causes and built a pretty expansive direct marketing empire in Bellevue. Here is a very biased article from two decades ago that gives some background that most people are unaware of.

http://www.sweetliberty.org/mof.htm

I'm glad he is on the pro-gun side. Not quite sure what to make of turning political lobbying and fundraising into a business for profit though.

Wow, very biased article. It does seem to explain why SAF and CCRKBA don't have a Do Not Promote list like NRA does though, and why it was so difficult to get them to remove me from their database.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top