JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Part of carrying responsibly is practice. I'm guessing the shooter here had virtually none. Common these days, people running out to buy their first gun to carry concealed yet they can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. :rolleyes:

Part of carrying responsibly is practice. I'm guessing the shooter here had virtually none. Common these days, people running out to buy their first gun to carry concealed yet they can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. :rolleyes:

Can't hit the walls of an elevator car from inside the elevator!! Winds up shooting self in the leg....

MAKE AMMO CHEAP AGAIN!

Love the comments, that is a face only a mother could love... but probably doesn't.
:s0114:

In this case, it seems her "intention" for CCW was overbroad, way beyond defense of self and family (as in super hero, cop complex, save the world). Regardless, it was not a good outcome . . . except for the shoplifter. And that thought raises questions. Was the shoplifter perhaps a family member? Was this woman a better shot that we give her credit for?

Wow that's crazy. Besides the shooting part, it reminded me of how bold thieves are getting now too. Fe this lady in vancouver WA not only stole a 65" tv from the store, she flagged down a van to help her move it, then stole the van!

Wow that's crazy. Besides the shooting part, it reminded me of how bold thieves are getting now too. Fe this lady in vancouver WA not only stole a 65" tv from the store, she flagged down a van to help her move it, then stole the van!

Reparations

Check your privilege!! :s0118:

It's reparations.....

;):D:s0140:

So true.... the suspect's photo is proof that Desi Arnaz was cheating on Lucille Ball with a circus performing manatee....

View attachment 818570

:s0112:

giphy.gif

You guys are mean. The article said "a woman", but for all that we now this walrus may be identifying itself as a woman and thus the newspaper respected its gender identity.

That and there a movie about this:

You'll find it at Fred Meyers!

The point being, despite the noblest intentions, we live in a reality of results. The lady who fired the gun shot the wrong person. Even if it was an accident on her part it doesn't change the outcome that she just shot a guy.

Do you think the person she shot is sitting there, thinking, "your intentions were in the right place, it's ok you shot me." - unlikely .

Anyone who carries a gun may have good intentions, but that doesn't excuse them from the outcomes of their choices.
The point being, despite the noblest intentions, we live in a reality of results. The lady who fired the gun shot the wrong person. Even if it was an accident on her part it doesn't change the outcome that she just shot a guy.

Do you think the person she shot is sitting there, thinking, "your intentions were in the right place, it's ok you shot me." - unlikely .

Anyone who carries a gun may have good intentions, but that doesn't excuse them from the outcomes of their choices.
are you as interested in the person that shot me, just fishing? you are entitled to you opinion, i disagree with that opinion.

I suspect her defense will be difficult. It's hard to claim you feared for your life - when in fact, you simply witness shoplifting.

And another thing - When I see a threat, It's a handful to take my eyes off the aggressor and take time to survey the backstop. But this duality must take place, so that my bullet does not hit an unintended. And This extra time might cost me my life. Things usually happen very fast in a self defense scenario.

With laws the way they are these days, It's difficult for a LEO, in a good shoot, to walk away unscathed by the law.

I suspect her defense will be difficult. It's hard to claim you feared for your life - when in fact, you simply witness shoplifting.

And another thing - When I see a threat, It's a handful to take my eyes off the aggressor and take time to survey the backstop. But this duality must take place, so that my bullet does not hit an unintended. And This extra time might cost me my life. Things usually happen very fast in a self defense scenario.

With laws the way they are these days, It's difficult for a LEO, in a good shoot, to walk away unscathed by the law.

I suspect she will plead to one of the two charges against her and lose her gun rights for 5 years:eek:

The prosecutor generally drops one of the charges with their plea bargain...

are you as interested in the person that shot me, just fishing? you are entitled to you opinion, i disagree with that opinion.

It's very hard to understand from what you wrote what point you're trying to make.

My point you quoted was pretty clear. The outcome matters more than the intention. Ever heard, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top