JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No need to be a hero trying to stop a shoplifter.

The store was/is not counting on you to stop anyone on their behalf, nor is the public trust violated if you don't do anything about it. The stuff is insured, you're not likely as well insured as the store.

I know it feels bad to see wrong being done and not doing something about it, but minding your own business is not just an old wives tale; it's a survival tactic.

Agreed. Without seeing any scuffle that might have been happening, hard to tell.

I've drawn on a shoplifter, but not because he had shoplifted, because the 70+ year old good samaritan had chased him into the parking lot and 1 of the 2 shoplifters (both in there 20-30's had pulled one of the bottles of grey goose and started to swing it like a club. After I drew, lady nearby screamed "he's got a gun" which caught their attention. I thought it was funny she was freaking out about me, but not that this old guy was about to get bludgeoned to death. No shots fired, guy literally asked me if I was going to shoot him over stealing alcohol. I said, "no, but if you hit him in the head with that bottle I will."

This was back when grocery stores started selling hard alcohol and didn't have the foresight that it needed to be locked up.
:D

No need to be a hero trying to stop a shoplifter.

The store was/is not counting on you to stop anyone on their behalf, nor is the public trust violated if you don't do anything about it. The stuff is insured, you're not likely as well insured as the store.

I know it feels bad to see wrong being done and not doing something about it, but minding your own business is not just an old wives tale; it's a survival tactic.
There is a reason so many business's order staff to NOT go chasing after thieves. Normally the staff who get hurt of course do not get hurt this way but, they do risk harm. If the staff get hurt then insurance has to pay. Then the cost goes up. If the staff catches the scum and hurts the scum? Then here come the lawyers and often even the law enforcement wanting to prosecute the staff who hurt the scum.
This again has all been voted in by people who see it and say they do not like it, as they vote for more of it. :s0092:
Bottom line I see some scum running from a place with something they took? I am not going to join in the chase. If staff is after thief and gets into a situation where the scum is going after the staff with a weapon? No I am not going to start to fire at them. As a former Secret Service agent often says about training they warned them, you are accountable for every round you fire. Let the scum run with the stuff.

1) "Anytime I see photos of people involved in these situations I always walk away thinking it made sense."
-and-
"Nya Reyes was arrested."
a. Yup. Usually people like you would see in the dictionary as a representative example - under "subhuman."
b. Nya has a better mustache than I do.

2) "I feel bad for the lady. She probably thought she was doing the right thing."
Yes, but there are levels of stupidity that just can't be tolerated.

3) "Sometimes it best just to mind yer own business."
This is wisdom. For those who CC it is necessity.

4) "Or , just be a good witness , for a police report."
This is not consistent with minding your own business, and contacts with "THE LAW" are to be avoided as much as possible.

5) "Think about that...."
I do, and it's terrifying.

6) And it's not like we don't already have a surfeit of 85IQ illiterates, we have to invite every one from the Rio Grande to the tip of Tierra del Fuego to come here, get on welfare and register to vote.

The shooter was spooked by people running and drew her weapon.

Then the looter turns towards her....

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Her reflexes jerk the trigger.

The bullet flies towards the looter, but when it sees the looter's face, it veers away. Nobody and nothing wants to touch that thing!!!

Store employee shoulda known to do the Matrix thang.

Maybe you shouldn't carry concealed anymore sh!t happens Intentions were in the right place

Maybe you should find a better argument than "intentions were in the right place." I don't perceive you to understand the ridiculousness of judging things by intentions rather than results.

Using that logic: all these marxists who intended to make a utopian society, but resulted in slaughter of dissidents, that's fine...

Okay so based on this attack on my comment we should stop carrying concealed because our intentions may not be the proper result what !

Okay so based on this attack on my comment we should stop carrying concealed because our intentions may not be the proper result what !

The point being, despite the noblest intentions, we live in a reality of results. The lady who fired the gun shot the wrong person. Even if it was an accident on her part it doesn't change the outcome that she just shot a guy.

Do you think the person she shot is sitting there, thinking, "your intentions were in the right place, it's ok you shot me." - unlikely .

Anyone who carries a gun may have good intentions, but that doesn't excuse them from the outcomes of their choices.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top