JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't like to buy "cheap" guns.I would rather save up and buy a better brand or model.Cheap guns have never worked out for me.
But I have heard a lot of good things about the Filipino 1911s.
So I bout a Citadel compact 1911A1 (short frame and short barrel,I don't keep track of the little 1911s)$549

Anyway,took it to the pit to try it out.Grabbed the first loaded magazine I saw,which was JHPs.Took some hard ball with me too.
The mag was from my full size and was a Chip McCormick's.Works perfect with my $1000 Sig
It would jam the bullet into the ramp.Hmmm. Decided to try the short mag.Same thing.Took a round out and same thing.
Tried the FMJ round nose.Nope

Then I took it to a friends house and he tried his Wilson mags with both bullets
Oh and it jammed the bullet back into the case so I had to pull the bullet.

Almost like the magazine wasn't tilted the correct angle,since we deduced it wasn't a magazine problem,after 5 different mags.

Anybody have this problem? Typical for the cheapos?

I already sent the gun back for repair too.

Thanks for looking.

Mike

I think its more typical of compact 1911s. The full size tend to run better then little guys. Your welcome to try my mags if you ever make it down to portland. These guys dont know how to fail with fmj.

OK so even if nobody cared about my citadel,I have to post the results.

I sent the gun back (well the ffl did) and they sent a new gun.
I gotta tell ya,this thing shoots very nice.Only 2 mags of round nose,but it fed perfect this time.
They sent it back after a week.
Thank you (whoever the Citadel distributor was),Very good customer service.

OK so even if nobody cared about my citadel,I have to post the results.

I sent the gun back (well the ffl did) and they sent a new gun.
I gotta tell ya,this thing shoots very nice.Only 2 mags of round nose,but it fed perfect this time.
They sent it back after a week.
Thank you (whoever the Citadel distributor was),Very good customer service.

glad you let us know! its good to hear about quality customer service

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top