JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have always wanted a 1911 in 9mm and they only seem to show up occasionally for sale and even rarer in Colt. Anyway I had the chance to handle a Citadel at Sportsman's Warehouse today. Nothing fancy, finish ok but very tight and smooth with a better than average trigger for a 'clone'. Opinions please. Thanks.

Springfield is your answer

2zehthh.jpg

Citadels are made in the Phillipines and imported by Legacy Sports just as Rock Island Armory is produced by Armscorp and imported by RIA. I've had two Rock Island 1911s and shot a Citadel several times. They're both fine, functional weapons, But in my experience fit and finish on the Citadels I've handled and fired seems better to me and the trigger was much better with no work having been done on it than either of my RIAs. Just my two cents.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Good luck finding an SA in 9mm these days, they're hard to come by. Centerfire had GI style 9mm for under $400 but sold out quick. Personally I'd hunt for an Armscor variant (RIA etc) in 9mm and call it a day.

I bought my wife the Springfield 1911 9mm she loves it.

Another option I have heard good things about is STI Spartan V 9mm, haven't shot one yet. I am currently looking at one of these .

I've shot an STI Spartan 9mm. It's actually assembled in the Phillipines by Armscorp. The slide, frame, and barrel and other externals are made by Armscorp but the fire control internals are STI parts. They're shipped back to STI in Georgetown, TX where they're run through STI for quality control and function checked before being release for sale. You get the lifetime STI warranty which goes with the gun, not just the first owner. Great customer service based on everything I've read. Hard to beat for the money, I think. The SRI Trojan is the next step up. All STI 1911s except for the Spartan are all made in-house in Georgetown.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

I had a Citadel and had to send it back for FTF issues,with many different mags,so it was the ramp,I guess.
The one they sent back ran perfect,then I wanted something else more.
They can be a fine gun,but they are what you pay for them.A budget 1911.
I won't bother with another one. I'll get something nicer

I would by one if the barrel fitting is tite??? Rack it and push down on the hood chamber area... If the barrel moves down the link and fitting is wrong! If tight buy it I would .... Then I would start up grading and tuning it, I use Ed Brown Hard Core parts!

They are hardend and last ! Kimber early ones weregood guns until they started using MIM, METAL INJECTED MOLDED parts. They are ok if you Don't shoot a lot.

They are overpriced for the parts used!

I have an officer model RIA tactical - what would you reccomend to upgrading it. I was thinking maybe a new guide rod and spring - but what else do you guys recommend for fucntion not fluff.
I have had mine the better part of a year.

James Ruby

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads