JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has first hand experience with the Citadel 1911 compact?

I have done my web research and they seem to be rather well received being an import. I am looking for a concealed carry .45 ACP and found one used but low round count (doesn't look like it has ever been fired, zero barrel wear) for less than $400.00. Exact same gun at the sports warehouse across the street goes for $499.95 NIB so to me it's a no lose situation unless someone tells me otherwise.

This is not going to be a plinker at the shooting range but a true concealed carry where I will only fire it occasionally to keep myself familiar with it.

Thanks for any info,

Billy

Hey, i just got one of these... i have yet to shoot it but i love the look and feel... Getting aftermarket sights will not be easy, i tried to get some and after writing Citadel too see if they had any thoughts, and their reply was that Some gun smithing was going to have to be done to put them on... Soo i was looking around 180-200... but oh well... i'll just keep the ones that's on them... but I have nothing to complain about with it... but liek i said still havent shot it...

i got the rubber grip that allows me to keep my after market grip and not go with all rubber houge grip.. i like it
2011-03-13_11-32-22_695.jpg

Yours looks good and thanks for the quick reply,

I am already looking for grips for mine (even though I haven't picked it up yet), I have average sized palms but short fingers so I have always had fairly thin grips on my previous 1911's. I am assuming that it takes the 1911 Officer / Compact sized grips?

Thanks again,

Billy

The Citidel are made by the same company that Rock Island Armory are made by, Armscor. I have a RIA and have no complaints about it! great shooter, accurate and reliable. I think you will be pleased.

Do you who have one of these guns or other fans of 1911s have an opinion on this gun being made of forged parts vs. machined parts?

I was very close to pulling the trigger on buying one of these (pun intended) until a reliable firearms expert told me I wouldn't want one because they are forged and not machined. Thoughts?

I was told and researched they have forged and invest cast components similiar to the Ruger Pxx series. I have owned the Ruger's in 45 ACP and never had a problem (I know not an apple's to apples comparison). The process of investment casting parts used to be considered taboo but is now considered acceptable in multiple industries (automotive, firearms, etc). I am comfortable enough with the Citadel the I purchased the one that prompted me to start this thread. After breaking it down, very impressed on what I see. Trigger pull is more than acceptable and will be going to the range this weekend.

JMHO

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top