JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In some ways I can see the need. The way the world communicates has been transformed by the internet. In order to safeguard America from those hell bent on doing bad doings, our agencies need to be able to operate effectively in the new battlefields.

Naturally we'd all prefer that none of our communications, credit card habits, firearm purchases, etc. be collected data. But, I think those days are long gone. If you're not up to no good, then there is really nothing to worry about from a government who only needs such information to protect America... ahh, but that is the BIG question.

In some ways I can see the need. The way the world communicates has been transformed by the internet. In order to safeguard America from those hell bent on doing bad doings, our agencies need to be able to operate effectively in the new battlefields.

Naturally we'd all prefer that none of our communications, credit card habits, firearm purchases, etc. be collected data. But, I think those days are long gone. If you're not up to no good, then there is really nothing to worry about from a government who only needs such information to protect America... ahh, but that is the BIG question.
the problem is... WHO IS deciding WHO IS up to no good! & WHAT NO GOOD IS?

the no fly list? as I understand it there were scores of people on that list that were homeland security
this country sadly has become a contradictory joke & the world is laughing:oops:

the problem is... WHO IS deciding WHO IS up to no good! & WHAT NO GOOD IS?

the no fly list? as I understand it there were scores of people on that list that were homeland security
this country sadly has become a contradictory joke & the world is laughing:oops:

Agreed. A key point I was trying to make and perhaps did a bad job of doing so is that this information gathering from a government who only needs such information to protect America would be of less concern. But, when it is used as a political tool against otherwise law abiding people that is a problem. And, just to be clear, both political parties are guilty of this.

That's why they formed 3 branches of government. The concept was that each would keep watch on another coloring outside the lines. Early in our countries history, I think this worked pretty well, but as the years have progressed, not so much these days.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top