JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good points all around. (I was talking of this idea with my wife earlier and we seemed to recall cigarettes bought on tribal land are not subject to the state tax BS. Neither of us smoke cigarettes, though the old man likes an occasional cigar, so this information was gleaned from sources other than firsthand. However, there are tribal nations in the general area, so might as well check.)

Before I quit cold turkey in 2007, I bought mine at a tribal smoke shop. I quit due to the cost & the excessive taxes by the state overlords!!!:mad:

I enjoyed smoking cigarettes and having a good cigar occasionally with the son when we meet. They calmed my nerves but knew they would probably kill me but I was happy.

If I were to hoard them in my prep stash I'd be smoking again, that's why I will not use for trading stock.;)

Who will want tobacco when there will be acres of wild marijuana fields after an apocalypse to harvest from, lol.

People who don't use marijuana...;)

Now, on that note, we are considering looking into some CBD stuff. Provided there is minimal/no THC content. Supposed to be markedly effective. As an oil, unlikely it would store long term tho.

It'd be interesting to see over a few years, if it would be possible to get the high CBD low THC variants as seed stock/plants, and then just grow our own. Probably pretty pricey/unubtainiam ATM-however don't know...

I would rather use THC - if effective and the CBD % was equal - than use the opioids I have (via script) - but I have not tried THC.

I have tried some CBD ointment, but I don't think it is strong enough as I have noticed no effect - going to get some strong gummy bears.

The problem with wild marijuana is you don't know its potency or THC/CBD balance. Current retail marijuana is much higher in THC while lowering CBD. It is the CBD that counteracts the bad effects of THC (paranoia, etc.). Plus I can't smoke anything because of my throat issues - so it would have to be edibles.

It'd be interesting to see over a few years, if it would be possible to get the high CBD low THC variants as seed stock/plants, and then just grow our own. Probably pretty pricey/unubtainiam ATM-however don't know...

It isn't easy to extract the CBD and know what you are getting. It is better to buy it from a good source that has a good process and known testing for potency.

It isn't easy to extract the CBD and know what you are getting. It is better to buy it from a good source that has a good process and known testing for potency.

Ah, my understanding was that there are current plant variants that have a high CBD content, low THC. But not publicly available, due to cost to hybrid them...heald close to the vest for those which have developed them.

Mind tho, that was info from a TV report a few years back on the uses for the CBD. Things may have changed tho.

Ah, my understanding was that there are current plant variants that have a high CBD content, low THC. But not publicly available, due to cost to hybrid them...heald close to the vest for those which have developed them.

Mind tho, that was info from a TV report a few years back on the uses for the CBD. Things may have changed tho.

Yes there are those marijuana plants, but now with the passage of the farm bill, people are growing hemp instead to get CBD as hemp generally has negligible THC content and is legal to grow and extract CBD from.

I would rather use THC - if effective and the CBD % was equal - than use the opioids I have (via script) - but I have not tried THC.

I have tried some CBD ointment, but I don't think it is strong enough as I have noticed no effect - going to get some strong gummy bears.

The problem with wild marijuana is you don't know its potency or THC/CBD balance. Current retail marijuana is much higher in THC while lowering CBD. It is the CBD that counteracts the bad effects of THC (paranoia, etc.). Plus I can't smoke anything because of my throat issues - so it would have to be edibles.

I like the CBD pills (gel), they are easy to take and if it's the good potency oil, it works to take the edge off my aches & back pains.
It is not cheap though so be forewarned when the clerk asks you if you need to take out a loan...:p

I like the CBD pills (gel), they are easy to take and if it's the good potency oil, it works to take the edge off my aches & back pains.
It is not cheap though so be forewarned when the clerk asks you if you need to take out a loan...:p

I bought some CBD oil last month to help me sleep. It was the high CBD, 0% THC stuff, and it really did help. $60 per 30 ml is pretty steep though, so I won't be doing that very often :confused:

Interesting idea on alcohol:

• Does not degrade.
  • Used by more people in society, so better trading potential.
  • Thin / short bottles of liquor would store easy. The cheap stuff comes in plastic containers, so even less difficult to store.
  • One person in this household (yours-truly) drinks, as do other family members, so if not used for trading, could be used.
  • Some, albeit limited, medicinal use.

I bought some CBD oil last month to help me sleep. It was the high CBD, 0% THC stuff, and it really did help. $60 per 30 ml is pretty steep though, so I won't be doing that very often :confused:

It's got to be cheaper than a visit to the chiro and massage therapist ($100 once I get past the 12 visits insurance allows) and is easier quicker - I can't get into the chiro in the middle of the night and it usually takes a week.

Besides, my MT has decided she wants to take a break from MT and the chiro has no plans to provide an alternate MT. Often the MT helps more than the chiro and sometimes the chiro makes things worse.

I have Robaxin, but I would like to try high potency CBD instead, and then I don't have to deal with scripts and be stingy with the Robaxin - saving it only for when I can't sleep because of pain & tight muscles.

Last week I overdid it putting out a fire in a slash pile (carrying water jugs from the truck to the fire), took a sick day and took some Vicodin instead of the Robaxin.

I only read page 3 of this thread... But ciggies as trading stock reminds me of military service and also of people in prison. :eek:

Really tho, I think I'd put up some pipe tobacco in a sealed can if'n I thought of it as future trading stock. Keeps fresh and you don't even need rolling papers... worked for our ancestors. Or maybe some wacky backy!

Yup, the VA won't give me any more hydrocodone for my neck spasms, so I'm using CBD tincture now. Not sure what the mix is but it has both CBD and THC. Works great!

I buy my CBD tincture from Lazarus Naturals in Portland (Edit: lazarusnaturals.com). They have a wide variety of products that includes CBD only (no THC) drops, full tincture drops (contains both CBD and THC), capsules, rubs, ingestibles, and pet products (which is becoming important to me as my pooch ages accompanied by lots of arthritis pain.) They have their own grow operations in Oregon, as well as distilling, and testing so that you always know what you are getting.

Lazarus Naturals has a discount program that gives 60% off to Veterans, and to low income. You have to apply online, but it is easy.

The unflavored tincture is horrid, I simply cannot take it even with juice concentrate... I might have to put it in a batch of brownies. The Chocolate Mint flavored full tincture drops are my fav oil, I put them in coffee and add a few scoops of Nestles Choc mix. Hardly even notice the taste. The easiest to take has been the capsules, but they are also the most expensive. For me, the rubs work... but I have so much arthritis that it's a pita to try to use it in more than a couple spots. When I am hurting over a large area like my back or my neck all the way to collarbone and shoulder, the oil tincture works best. Soooo, it is a combo of CBD and THC but I don't really get stoned. About 1/4 hr after taking, my pain level is reduced from a 7 down to a 2 or 3... that is worth doing for me!!! At the 1/2 hr mark, I notice I feel a bit weird and am hungry, but I went into the bathroom and looked at my pupils and no dilation... = not stoned. Strange. I'm able to drive... I just feel funny. Probably best not to make important decisions after taking. :)

Sorry for the thread drift! :D

(Edit: Apparently, full spectrum hemp extract means that they use the entire plant. The resultant mix is about 54mg/ml CBD and about 2.44mg/ml THC. What they said is important is that there are lots of other cannabinoids, vitamins, and terpenes that give the extract an "entourage effect" where the substances are working together with each other to provide relief that other extracts don't. Take my word for it... Lazarus Naturals are the real deal... the only extract my brother, who has Parkinson's, uses to relieve his tremors after trying many others!!!)

Last Edited:
If I were to hoard them in my prep stash I'd be smoking again, that's why I will not use for trading stock.;)

My evil brother got me smoking in my teens... toking too! I'd quit, and then start up again because my co-workers were taking smoke breaks that I didn't get unless I was outside smoking with them. :rolleyes:

Marlboros was the brand for me... my dad smoked Old Golds unfiltered, but I guess I was just a wuss. The cool black guys smoked Kools and Salems, and when my older buddy got back from the Nam and he smoked Kools, I started smoking Kools too. :rolleyes:

Gave up ciggies when I flunked two lung tests upon discharge from the Coast Guard. I had applied for a job at the Naval Boat Yard in San Diego but they turned me down based on flunking the lung test. Dodged a bullet there eh? Mesothelioma from asbestos... no thanx! Took another test at PHS and they confirmed that I had COPD... much lung scaring from childhood asthma aggravated by smoking and working in high concentrations of jet fumes at Air Station San Diego, which is adjacent to San Diego International Airport. Told me I would be dead by age 30, and for once I believed them... so I quit.

I still get the urge 40 years later. I've been wanting cherry or vanilla pipe tobacco lately and this thread has really got me Jonesing!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I smoked cigars and pipes until I went to college and then decided to quit because I was always getting sick with colds/etc. - irritated my throat too.

Thereafter I got sick a lot less.

Still, sometimes when I smell the smoke, I get a hankering.

I smoked cigars and pipes until I went to college and then decided to quit because I was always getting sick with colds/etc. - irritated my throat too.

Thereafter I got sick a lot less.

Still, sometimes when I smell the smoke, I get a hankering.

I was in the OLCC store last week buying gin for our weekend camping trip... they also stock cigars and pipe tobacco... Oh boy, I really didn't think I could make it out of there w/o a pipe tobacco purchase... it smelled soooooooooo good. I can still smell it even now... :eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top