JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That image was used by the Germans in a propaganda piece that labeled Churchill a gangster.

gangster.jpg

Sometimes they weren't that good at propaganda; a great pic and I doubt the British people saw it as anything other than "Oy! Yes, he WILL fight you on the beaches...".

I scored a really nice Lend Lease Remington Lee-Enfield several years ago, really nice shape and it shoots better then I expected! Wish I had grabbed a few of them when they were still affordable!

Churchill saw extensive combat in Western India (now Pakistan) and Saharan Africa as a soldier, and later on in Cuba and and South Africa as a journalist. As a member of the House of Commons during WWI (I believe) he travelled to the front lines in Belgium. He was the right man at the right time to stand up to Hitler in 1940.

Last Edited:
Churchill saw extensive combat in Western India (now Pakistan) and Saharan Africa as a soldier, and later on in Cuba and and South Africa as a journalist. As a member of the House of Commons during WWI (I believe) he travelled to the front lines in Belgium. He was the right man at the right time to stand up to Hitler in 1940.

It reminds me of just how fragile we are….

24 guns when he was young and 17 when he was older. Good man! I also like how he kept a supply of many different kinds of cigars. Man after my own heart! Some nice double barrels mentioned:

Churchill was a nominal member of the British Army in the Anglo-Sudan war, during which time he carried a Mauser Military Pistol, aka "Broomhandle." Several years later he carried the same weapon as a war correspondent in the Boer War.

As a member of an aristocratic family, Churchill could come and go at will in the British military. His service in WW1 was front line for about six months between British cabinet positions. He pulled family strings to get assigned to his front line unit, but he served honorably and effectively by all accounts.

During WW2, he was often seen wearing various military uniforms. He had at least two army honorary regimental colonelcies. He also was appointed an honorary air commodore in the RAF and he was often seen in this rig. Including honorary pilot's wings, however he was not a pilot.

I read an informative article in American Handgunner about Churchill's proficiency with a wide range of firearms including the 'Tommy Gun'. His favorite though, was a 1911 .45 Colt. He was deadly accurate and usually out shot anyone in his entourage, including his own bodyguard.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top