JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi Knopfplayer,
After all that have went down in the last few months I would check with your church leader's and see if you could put in some people that are trained in Fireaim use and can shoot. Plus make them shoot and qualify the same as a Police Officer. If you have some persons in you church that are Police Officer that would do too. Have the persons take a shoot not shoot class also. I would go with a Person that can be seen carrying a Weapon in the church. Make sure that they move around so no one know were they maybe but can get to any place in less then a minute. Think of it this way robbers not rob were they know there could be someone that can stop them.
Hope this helps you,
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

I am a former police officer and the one thing I do know is that criminals are opportunist by nature. That is what makes them unpredictable for the most part. Your average Joe gets lazy about locking the door, the car, the what ever. Then the average Joe can 't figure out how/why they got robbed or how the person got into their house. Be mindful of your surroundings, go the extra step to secure a door, lock that window etc. Watch your surroundings. I know that sounds paranoid but look around you. Most people that are intending to do something unusual their body language will generally broadcast their intentions long before they act.

Whenever I attend church with the wife and kids I usually find myself zoning out for about half the service, mentally working through different attack defense/medical emergency scenarios.

Wow!! I thought I was the only sick twisted soul to do that. What would I do "IF......" "Where would I go, what would I do etc"

Wow!! I thought I was the only sick twisted soul to do that. What would I do "IF......" "Where would I go, what would I do etc"

Guilty. I feel bad, not paying attention and all, but when something that potentially serious goes thru your head, you can't stop thinking about it. Sorry Lord.....Sorry preacher. :eek::

I agree with Riot (one page 1). You need to start off with a safety plan for fires and earthquakes to slowly warm people up. The faster you push to have armed church members, the more resistance you will face.

Also, you need to get involved in the church safety conferences that OrygunMike mentioned. They are a great way to meet wityh other church safety team and learn a lot about what other churches are doing.

And be thankful that the Lord has blessed you with the skill, hopefully training, and the desire to be the sheepdog. I carry in church as does my son, his wife, another officer and his wife,be a real bad place to try anything. And we all have visited about it and sit in pre determined places with informally designated roles.

I've been known to go to church a few times a year and you cant help but notice what a bunch of sitting ducks everyone is. When you think of all the places that are ripe for evil to have it's way, sporting events, crowded places everywhere, I'ts a wonder more things dont happen than they do. I don't know of any plan in place in my church. Not even the basics.

There are a number of LEOs in my congregation so I am comfortable that there are a number of reasonably cool/armed heads in there. But I am also pretty sure our plan basically involves something like 'drop, cover, and roll', then call the cops. I might start asking around.

We haven't formalized a plan but there are around 8 of us that I know of who carry on a regular basis. The main group of chairs is 20' from the main doors and I have an excellent field of fire from the stage and my buddy has an equally good vantage point from the sound stage. Any active shooter would be met with prompt resistance measured in FPS.

With our typical arangment there is almost every vantage point is covered. the eight of us that carry sit in a fairly spread out fashion. I think maybe we should get together and disscuss threat response! Kimbercustom I vote you as leader of this team. Im sure Vicardouglas would agree.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top