JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
x7WkLgP.jpg

Caveman, I just had to post about your "deep fried salmon" you spoke of, WOW!

I took some fall Chinook fillets and cut them into 1-1/2 inch squares, dredged them in flour seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder then dipped them in egg and rolled rolled them in panko then off to the deep fryer.

Living here at the coast, well what goes better with deep fried salmon nuggets than a couple of fresh Dungeness crab right?

Heaven Caveman! Thankyou so much for a new twist on salmon and something I hadn't before tried:s0152:

Caveman, I just had to post about your "deep fried salmon" you spoke of, WOW!

I took some fall Chinook fillets and cut them into 1-1/2 inch squares, dredged them in flour seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder then dipped them in egg and rolled rolled them in panko then off to the deep fryer.

Living here at the coast, well what goes better with deep fried salmon nuggets than a couple of fresh Dungeness crab right?

Heaven Caveman! Thankyou so much for a new twist on salmon and something I hadn't before tried:s0152:

Awesome John, glad I could get others to enjoy my recipe, now I'm gonna have to get a patten for it!!!!;)

I've been meaning to try Mud Bay for years and have never gotten the chance.

I caught an enormous chum at Stevens Creek, just before the closure last October. It bottomed out like a king and stayed there, then it ripped out 30 yrds of line in about three seconds and I realized that it probably wasn't a king. Ten minutes later and after two attempts by the chum to beach itself on the opposite bank, I landed it. It was mouth hooked and had three different leaders stuck in its tail. Released the beast, only to watch some bonehead above me snag it and bring it in tail first then bonk it on the head a few minutes later.

I've been meaning to try Mud Bay for years and have never gotten the chance.

I caught an enormous chum at Stevens Creek, just before the closure last October. It bottomed out like a king and stayed there, then it ripped out 30 yrds of line in about three seconds and I realized that it probably wasn't a king. Ten minutes later and after two attempts by the chum to beach itself on the opposite bank, I landed it. It was mouth hooked and had three different leaders stuck in its tail. Released the beast, only to watch some bonehead above me snag it and bring it in tail first then bonk it on the head a few minutes later.

That is the sad part of fishing Thomas, I too have experienced the same thing. All you can do is just shake yer head and push them in the river..... J/K but that's what I want to do sometimes.....o_O

That is the sad part of fishing Thomas, I too have experienced the same thing. All you can do is just shake yer head and push them in the river..... J/K but that's what I want to do sometimes.....o_O

Stevens Creek is going to replace the infamous Skokomish when it comes to flossers and snaggers coming out of the woodwork. You will always see guys doing that where ever you go, but to see 30 guys lined up with 8 foot leaders, some with multiple hooks, and bringing their fish in butt first gets a little much.

I did notice a couple of guys taking videos with their cell phones of the circus last October, hopefully it was passed on to the game wardens.

I detest snaggers in the extreme.
Pics. Videos (without audio due to legalities) and am more than willing to bare witness in court to prosecute the lowlife scums.

I grew so tired of it here on the coastal rivers here that I started hounding the judges, OSP troopers, district attorneys and their assistants to come down harder than the usual slap on the wrists.

After attempting a decade of education and ethics it finally came down to a full ban on corkie's on some rivers, long leaders and bottom set lines on other streams to bobber&bait or single hooks on lures on others.

It was a shame in my opinion to outlaw certain types of fishing, but when the poachers far outnumbered the legal fisherman that weren't snagging, but it was this method of angling that attracted this type of behavior and person. They did it to themselfs.

Snaggers/flosser or whatever they choose to call themselfs, they are some of the lowest forms of poachers.

A friend called this year after seeing a snagfest going on down on the lower Hump - multiple guys snagging, landing fish and hiding them in the brush. He went through two different dispatchers, and all but had to argue with them at times. They wanted descriptions (ten guys in neoprenes, wearing flannel shirts and or hoodies, which is every guy on the Hump). He gave them the exact location, and told them just to send someone. By the time they got there, most of the snaggers were gone, and the handful who were there were behaving. This happened during the middle of deer season so of course most of the game wardens were up running choke points on the logging roads. I'm going to start taking video after this year - there just aren't enough Game Wardens out there IMO.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top