JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
what the hell have you been doing for the last three months?

I have been engaged politically and morally for many years. I send monetary support to conservative candidates. I was on the county Tea Party steering committee in the county where we used to live. We moved to Oregon last Fall. I joined OFF before we even moved here. I have been emailing and calling our state senators and representatives.

I'm an NRA member, I'm a member of and support the GOA, Gun Owners of California and the Calguns Foundation.

I have done outreach, meet & greets, passed out leaflets and other volunteer work.

I'm sixty- three, a vet, a cancer survivor and I care for my wife who is stricken with Alzheimers.

What have YOU been doing?

Oh yeah, I'm a supporting member of this great forum. I see that you're not.

POUND on these people that these moves are based on the bigotry that firearms are evil and those who own them are evil. POUND on the fact that laws based on ignorance and bigotry are the same as the old Jim Crow laws limiting personal freedoms and have no place in a PROGRESSIVE society.

I have been engaged politically and morally for many years. I send monetary support to conservative candidates. I was on the county Tea Party steering committee in the county where we used to live. We moved to Oregon last Fall. I joined OFF before we even moved here. I have been emailing and calling our state senators and representatives.

I'm an NRA member, I'm a member of and support the GOA, Gun Owners of California and the Calguns Foundation.

I have done outreach, meet & greets, passed out leaflets and other volunteer work.

I'm sixty- three, a vet, a cancer survivor and I care for my wife who is stricken with Alzheimers.

GOG, this is a great response to use against people like rep Burdick when she claims we are "bad people". It's hard for them to call you a smuck when you give a solid foundation that you are a caring feeling human being. Harder for them to de-humanize you when speaking in her constituents overemotional language.

I posted a similar response over at BlueOregon: progressive politics, news, and commentary for Oregon for an article about her claim of intimidation, and it made at least one of her supporters go nuts and make even more wild accusations. Would have responded, but then I thought his irrational response was plenty for the public to observe and interpret.

you took my post a tad too serious, it was tongue-in-cheek much like my 'return fire' comment. it's my fault though, I sometimes forget I'm surrounded by a bunch of fogies like Blitzkrieg on here. don't tell him I said that, he's still mad I wont share my HK's with him.

20rus68.jpg

It's all good PuddleMonkey. Thanks for posting that. I get a bit wound up and I guess I'm a fogie too. We're besieged on all sides and it's easy for me to lose my sense of humor.

This is one of my favorite quotes:

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system and too soon to shoot the b*****ds." ... Claire Wolfe from the "Freedom Outlaw's Handbook"

This is one of my favorite quotes:
"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system and too soon to shoot the b*****ds." ... Claire Wolfe from the "Freedom Outlaw's Handbook"​
This quote expresses exactly how I feel about this whole situation we are in now!

Here is another recent example of abuse of authority, lack of due process, registration leading to confiscation, just for exercising her 1st amendment right:

<broken link removed>

A total outrage!!

you took my post a tad too serious, it was tongue-in-cheek much like my 'return fire' comment. it's my fault though, I sometimes forget I'm surrounded by a bunch of fogies like Blitzkrieg on here. don't tell him I said that, he's still mad I wont share my HK's with him.

20rus68.jpg

OH, NOES, I'm HK polymer-less! :p

Seriously, 52 and not quite a fogey yet.. getting there, tho

GOG - first - thank you for your service. Second - I don't envy you, we had no idea how bad Grandma's alzheimers was until we moved up to WA to help care for her and Grandpa who's cancer had returned. It was a sad day when I had to take grandma's gun away after she threatened to shoot my wife for not giving grandpa more pain meds when he had just taken some. She seems to be much better, or at least less combative now that we got her meds changed. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about what did or didn't work.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top