JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, because the match was uneven, Zimmerman should risk brain damage or possibly death due to having his head repeatedly smashed against concrete?

everyone should be held accountable for his/her actions and i feel zimmerman's actions lead to that confrontation. so yes, he should have took the arse whoopin like a man. especially when fighting with a kid.

also, i dont believe this tradgic event should be polarized by politics or race. this is a terrible thing regardless of what race you are and what political party you represent. its bad news for gun rights and distracts from other issues. it also divides people.

everyone should be held accountable for his/her actions and i feel zimmerman's actions lead to that confrontation. so yes, he should have took the arse whoopin like a man. especially when fighting with a kid.

also, i dont believe this tradgic event should be polarized by politics or race. this is a terrible thing regardless of what race you are and what political party you represent. its bad news for gun rights and distracts from other issues. it also divides people.

...Strategery

Item #1: Zimmerman had no way of knowing he was "fighting with a kid." It was dark, the "kid" was over 6 feet tall (not the little cherub we see in those 5-year ld photo images on television) and if he was getting his head banged against the cement AFTER his nose had been broken and he was bloody, it is quite probable his vision was greatly impaired even at close quarters.

Item #2: You're right, it SHOULDN'T be polarized, but these things always are polarized and we know it. Sharpton, Jackson, Farrakhan and the rest LIVE ON DIVISION. It's their meal ticket.

Some people are predicting a long hot summer if Zimmerman isn't arrested and prosecuted. They can predict anything they want.

BREAKING! Zimmerman will be charged in Trayvon death—WaPost

George Zimmerman, at the center of a raging controversy over his fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, will be charged in that case, according to Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey, the Washington Post is reporting.

<broken link removed>

Not a big suprise there. The amount of political pressure "to do something", and the almost certain rioting in the streets that would occur if charges weren't filed must be an enormous consideration... Regardless if he is/was found justified in the "secret investigation" by the special prosecutor.

The world is getting more and more unstable as we breath.

Either Zimmerman burns, or cities around the country burn...no way the dregs of society that have worked so hard to get us to the brink of social anarchy over race will just accept justice if Zimmerman in fact is found justified. I don't believe anymore the shooting was race related. I think Zimmerman was very very stupid and once Trayvon was working on caving his face in, he did what he felt he had to to prevent his own death. This "trial" will be a freaking circus of the OJ magnitude...

That wouldn't be a shoke either. If OJ got away with it, this guy stands a good chance too.

Geez, I'm gettin' jaded in my middle age!

OJ was the victim portrayed by media Zimmerman has the one man race hater Holder making sure he gets his due. In the end a smart attorney will probably get him off because of media for unfair trial. Either way it will be interesting to see where the rule of law comes down, based on that look for a new direction in our country. Creating another people divide nothing to do with following the law and doing what's right since what's right get a new meaning everyday in the political chaos.

Bloomberg launches attack on ‘Stand Your Ground’ laws

The effort probably will have no impact in Washington State, where “Stand Your Ground” is a principle enshrined in state Supreme Court rulings, not state statute.

<broken link removed>

This should have (and in the Williamette Valley- would have) gone to Grand Jury. The only thing the DA has done is ignite doubt over the validity of the investigation. I have to wonder why she did not take it to the GJ. In any even, its going to trial now and we can only hope the truth comes out. There is a chance the guy is guilty.

I am curious what they have that made them charge him with 2nd degree murder rather than manslaughter. It seems like manslaughter would have appeased the masses. The trial should be interesting, but if he is found not guilty, then people will make a mess of neighborhoods all over this country.

My favorite range 'jacket' is a black hoodie with a bullseye target on the front and back. I guess I won't be wearing that outside the house much anymore.

This should have (and in the Williamette Valley- would have) gone to Grand Jury. The only thing the DA has done is ignite doubt over the validity of the investigation. I have to wonder why she did not take it to the GJ. In any even, its going to trial now and we can only hope the truth comes out. There is a chance the guy is guilty.
Because when a Grand Jury is convened, it only hears from witnesses, police officers that were directly involved, and in this case the paramedics that treated Zimmerman. I spent a whole day on a GJ once. It's not the same as a trial by a longshot.

The GJ is educated by the judge and the prosecutor as to what laws they may apply to testimonies and facts in the case.
No grandstanding by defense attorneys or prosecutors. No emotional witness for either side. No objectionable statements that must be "disregarded."

The special prosecutor knew, as did the Florida AG, that based on the available FACTS of the case, that it was highly doubtful a GJ would return an order to indict.

I'm not saying the guy is completely innocent. But given Florida's laws concerning concealed carry, their laws that protect the actions of Neighborhood Watch volunteers, the lack of eyewitnesses, and the location of the incident, relative to Trayvon's travel(s) that night, I seriously doubt the DA and AG could even come close to an order to indict, much less a conviction.

The prosecutor has done what she needs to do to keep the town from burning.
And maybe to get herself elected to the next post (rung) up the ladder politically.

Again, the parallels to the Duke Lacrosse case are eerie. But then again, that was another racially charged case, in a different election year.

my issue is if a black guy kills a white guy its "a robbery" "gang related", or some other crapp not racism, if a Mexican shoots a black guy its raciest related and he becomes a white mexican. Personally i have never heard the tern white mexican before this case.

This poor guy will hang because if he doesn't there will be riots everywhere. He will be sacrificed to keep the piece.. , the jury will be made up of two colors and one side will have their mind made up the minute they get to the jury seat.

Can we just let these threads die at least until there's a verdict or end to the case? Speculation and assumption just makes an *** out of you and umption...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top