JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Care to post a copy of your law degree?
How about your scores on the Florida bar exam?
Maybe your certificate from the Florida bar that entitles you to pass legal judgement in Florida cases?
Oregon cases?

Have you filed a writ/petition for full disclosure of evidence in the case with the Sanford County, Florida Sheriff's Dept?
Care to share with us all what it says? And ALL OF the pertinent FACTS of the case?
ALL OF the eye-witness' statements?

NO?
Yeah, that's what I thought.
You've tried and convicted Zimmerman in the court of public opinion based on the "evidence" the MSM wants you to hear.

Not even a "nice try."

Actually, I have been to law school, though I'm not a practicing attorney. What I do know is what I was taught about the law in more than one firearms/concealed carry class. The proper response to the argument would be to walk away, since the police were already on the way. Reaching for your pocket, even for a cell phone is a provocative move. Are you going to call 911? Call your buddies to come help?

Reality is that if Zimmerman had sat in his car and waited, instead of playing Jr. G-man when it was totally unnecessary, the confrontation wouldn't have happened. When he was approached he was the only one who knew he was armed. He was the only one who knew the police were on the way. The smart thing, that would have kept Zimmerman out his present world of hurt, would have been to back down and wait for the cops. When you CC the rules change. You have to adopt a thicker skin and be willing to walk away.

And BTW, I was quoting the police briefing.

Having problems with reading and comprehension this morning?
Try reading this part of what you quoted above:

So, according to the only (anecdotal) evidence the Sheriff's Dept. has, he was walking away, and Trayvon pursued Zimmerman, and initiated contact.
Furthermore, the grass stains on Zimmerman's back. and the cut/abrasion bleeding on the back of his head are at least partial proof that after Martin initiated contact, he had Zimmerman in a defensive position on his back on the lawn.

Geez, even in the court of public opinion you ignore key points in the evidence, and only give credence to those parts you have NO defense for.
Like the dispatcher's "tone of voice."

Sorry Mr prosecutor, but you have cited "facts not in evidence."

NEXT!

OK, have it your way. You go ahead and argue that Zimmerman was justified under SYG and a CHL. Don't make it about some numbskull, mall ninja individual with bad motives and poor judgement, make it about CC and SYG. Now who's playing into the hands of folks like Schumer?

More facts need to be known, but emotions have been stirred up.

Just like the harvard professor incident, Obama was quick to throw the police under the bus and play the race card before knowing all the facts.

Obama's Son
atray.jpg

atray.jpg

And BTW, I was quoting the police briefing.
The part YOU thought was relevant.

While you still ignore the part you quoted, and persist in your defense of an illogical response.

Zimmerman DID walk away. And was attacked for it.

What did your "more than one firearms/concealed carry class" teach you was/is the correct/proper/legal response to being attacked and beaten?
Leave it holstered? You might hurt someone? Rather than be hurt yourself? Wait until the perp pulls it out for you? Allow him/her to take it and shoot you with it?

People get attacked every day, for an untold number of reasons.
Were Zimmerman's actions prior to Martin initiating contact questionable? Maybe. According to you, yes.
Okay, fine.
But it didn't end there. Martin turned the tables on Zimmerman, after Zimmerman chose to retreat, and pursued him, choosing to initiate the contact.

Does the fact that Zimmerman got out of his car to investigate where martin went, justify Martin knocking him down and beating the crap out of him?

I don't think so, but maybe you do.
Regardless, if I am armed I am NOT going to allow someone of any age/size/color/creed/religion etc., to beat the crap out of me.
I'm gonna pull my pistol and use before the perp gets his hands on it.

Apparently, you won't, and I suppose that's okay, if it's your choice.

And I'm sure chuckie schumer will tell us all how noble you look, laying there in that casket.
And then subject us all to a 20 minute diatribe about how, if YOU hadn't been armed, your gun wouldn't have been used against you, and you'd still be with us.

Have a nice day.

The part YOU thought was relevant.

Zimmerman DID walk away. And was attacked for it.

According to Zimmerman there was a verbal confrontation before any punches were thrown. That's when it's time to say "Sorry, I was out of line", not whip out a cell phone to call 911.

What did your "more than one firearms/concealed carry class" teach you was/is the correct/proper/legal response to being attacked and beaten?
Leave it holstered? You might hurt someone? Rather than be hurt yourself? Wait until the perp pulls it out for you? Allow him/her to take it and shoot you with it?

What they taught me was that unless the situation is life or death, you're way better off legally if you aren't the one who initiates deadly force. There were no weapons present except Zimmerman's. A one on one fistfight between two people with no obvious mismatch being "life or death" is a really hard sell to a jury.

Does the fact that Zimmerman got out of his car to investigate where martin went, justify Martin knocking him down and beating the crap out of him?

Absolutely not, but where is Zimmerman's justification for escalating the fight? Had he not done so the other party would most likely be convicted of assault, BUT NOT ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON.

Regardless, if I am armed I am NOT going to allow someone of any age/size/color/creed/religion etc., to beat the crap out of me.
I'm gonna pull my pistol and use before the perp gets his hands on it.

I really hope you'll take into account those first two [age/size], since LEGALLY they determine whether there is enough of a mismatch to employ deadly force. But you go right ahead and do as you please. I'd keep a good lawyer on retainer if I were you. Mine's a former DA.

Interesting information coming out that the investigating officer thought that the account given by Zimmerman didn't add up, but was overruled by the Attorney General...

Brady Campaign reaches new low exploiting Trayvon Martin case

The anti-gun Brady Campaign for the Prevention of Gun Violence has launched a new effort to derail national concealed carry reciprocity legislation by dubbing two Senate bills the “George Zimmerman Armed Vigilante Acts” after the man who fatally shot Florida teen Trayvon Martin.

<broken link removed>

You're right, it's not. That is not Trayvon. You fell for a typical ploy. Nice one.

Yeah apparently that pic is of a different Trayvon Martin from Savannah GA. However this Trayvon has an almost identical pose on his Twitter page, you have to go back a couple months. Looks like flipping the double bird at the camera is cooool. I can't seem to copy and paste it .

trayvon double bird.jpg

This isn't even a justified use of deadly force, much less a stand-your-ground issue. Yes, Zimmerman was in a fist fight, but he provoked it. If it took place in OR he'd be in jail or maybe out on bail right now. Play semantics all you like, but after listening to the 911 tape it's clear the dispatcher wasn't ambivalent or indifferent about whether Zimmerman should pursue the kid. It's clear from her tone of voice that she clearly meant not to follow him, even if her printed words could be interpreted as being indifferent about it.

What's clear here is that Zimmerman brought a gun to a fistfight, one that he provoked. He had every opportunity to walk away, up to and including when he first got punched. Zimmerman deserves some jail time. If we, as gun owners and CHL holders, come down on the right side of this we don't have to defend a Castle Doctrine, Stand Your Ground law, or the right to carry concealed. They are not the issue. Zimmerman was just plain wrong and should have been arrested, even if he might later be cleared.

We don't know if he provoked the fist fight. There are reports that he was walking away. We don't even know if they had contact prior to Trayvon approaching him. We don't know when he pulled his gun. He may not even have pulled it until he was down on the ground with Trayvon on top of him beating him. If he had his gun out and ready to "gun down" Trayvon why would he have been screaming for help like the witness saw? I don't have the answer to any of them, that is why we need to let the investigators do their jobs and investigate to determine what happen. I continue to be amazed at what people assume to be facts.

Trayvon Martin Investigator Wanted to Charge George Zimmerman With Manslaughter - ABC News

The lead homicide investigator in the shooting of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin recommended that neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman be charged with manslaughter the night of the shooting, multiple sources told ABC News.

But Sanford, Fla., Investigator Chris Serino was instructed to not press charges against Zimmerman because the state attorney's office headed by Norman Wolfinger determined there wasn't enough evidence to lead to a conviction, the sources told ABC News.

Police brought Zimmerman into the station for questioning for a few hours on the night of the shooting, said Zimmerman's attorney, despite his request for medical attention first. Ultimately they had to accept Zimmerman's claim of self defense. He was never charged with a crime.

Serino filed an affidavit on Feb. 26, the night that Martin was shot and killed by Zimmerman, that stated he was unconvinced Zimmerman's version of events.

Zimmerman, 28, claimed he shot Martin, 17, in self defense.

One complicating factor in the investigation was that the first detective to interview Zimmerman about the shooting was a narcotics officer rather than a homicide detective.

The lead detective didn't believe Zimmermans story. Don't expect a straight forward outcome on this one. Gonna be ugly.

From the same article:
Leaks from the police report detail Zimmerman telling police he was heading back to his truck when Martin knocked him down with a punch to his nose, jumped on him, repeatedly banged his head on the ground, then tried to grab Zimmerman's gun.

In a struggle for Zimmerman's gun, the watchman shot the teenager, Zimmerman told police.

This isn't the first time I've read about a possible struggle for the gun, not surprising that they were both fighting for their lives at that point. The police have the gun, I wonder if they found Trayvons prints on it.

I'd also like to know about Trayvons injuries other than the bullet wound.

Also, did the fight take place close or far from Zimmermans vehicle.

Justice a double-edged sword; getting things ‘right’ about Trayvon case

The Seattle Times carries two stories Wednesday about the nationally-debated Trayvon Martin case, and both pieces – picked up from wire services and Florida newspapers – carry comments that, in the interest of balance and common sense, must be answered.

<broken link removed>

Hi Dave,

The "they" that Mrs. Fulton is refering to is the police.

It would be one thing if zimmerman had acted on his own.

Then this would "just" be a tradgedy.

Where the outrage comes in, is from a police dept. that doesn't give enough of a Damn to do something about the murder of a teenager.

So to say zimmerman acted alone is not telling the whole story.

It would be more accurate to say he initiated the events.

As far as saying that trayvon's Twitter account put shades of grey into this story....

No.

What we have is a pretty typical kid who seems to be experimenting with drugs and criminality.

Not a big deal, and not relevant to the fact that a man stalked him, and shot him.

Perhaps trayvon attacked.

If he did, I would argue that syg probably would be a good legal defense for his actions.

Yes, justice is a double edged sword.

But your latest post is referencing legality, not justice.

Hi Dave,

Where the outrage comes in, is from a police dept. that doesn't give enough of a Damn to do something about the murder of a teenager.

As far as saying that trayvon's Twitter account put shades of grey into this story....

No.

What we have is a pretty typical kid who seems to be experimenting with drugs and criminality.

Not a big deal, and not relevant to the fact that a man stalked him, and shot him.

If he did, I would argue that syg probably would be a good legal defense for his actions.

You seem to be making some comments that seem to be pretty hard to ascertain without having been there when the vents unfolded. Saying that Zimmerman stalked and shot Martin doesn't seem to agree with all versions of the story that have been popping up. Not all versions of the story seem to agree, but the more information that comes out, the cloudier the picture seems to get.

The police cannot always do what they want. All they can do is gather evidence and take that information to the DA's office. The DA's office chooses whether or not to present the information to a grand jury. So the police were probably correct in not taking hasty actions in arresting Mr. Zimmerman. He doesn't seem to be running away. If the grand jury decides to recommend charges against Zimmerman, it shouldn't be difficult to pick him up. Arresting him on scene might have staved off the race issues that seem to be popping up, but what other good would it have done?

Hi Dave,

No.

You haven't read the police report have you?
There's a copy here:
Police Incident Report | Trayvon Martin Shooting | The Daily Caller

Zimmerman spent considerable time in handcuffs.
He was also being held cuffed, in the back of a police cruiser when the investigator arrived.
He needed first aid for a broken nose and a cut on the back of his head.
He was taken down to the police station to be interrogated about the incident.

To say that the local police "didn't do a damn thing" is disingenuous at best, and an outright lie at worst.
To say that outrage is justified due to: "a police dept. that doesn't give enough of a Damn to do something about the murder of a teenager."
Is, without a doubt an outright lie.
If you shoot someone that is beating the crap out of you, that ISN'T murder.
The police reviewed the facts, Zimmerman's injuries that corroborated his account of the incident, and heard numerous statements from witnesses.

How anyone arrives at the conclusion that "Trayvon was murdered and the police ignored it," can only be the product of reading/listening to people with an agenda.
An agenda with no interest in the truth, legality OR justice. Like chuck schumer.

I don't know where you are getting your info, but it is skewed to say the least.
I suggest you expand your sources.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads