JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not all is as portrayed.

george-zimmerman_trayvon-martin_media-bias.jpg

george-zimmerman_trayvon-martin_media-bias.jpg

We do know a few things... Zimmerman was carrying a gun and Trayvon was carrying Skittles.

Zimmerman was asked to stay put and he went after Trayvon. You know this as fact or opinion? It is NOT fact yet.

The kid is dead and the killer walked, hiding behind the Castle Doctrine.

Racist or not he chased the kid down Really? Wheres your proof, on both statement Racist and chased down

and killed him. He could have stayed in his car like the dispatcher said. Dont bring a gun to a fist fight. Self defense...HA! The kid defended himself with his hands and probably whooped his *** and he was ticked and shot him.

Remember who chased who down. Really you still going there? Following till told to stop we have NO facts yet beyond that Timeframe

Isnt the Castle doctrine supposed to protect people pleading self defense in their own homes, ie their castle??

billstaf... you are saying for everyone to shut the hell up and let law enforcement do their job? Isnt that the issue? Local Law Enforcement didnt do their job and thats what the world is ticked at.

DMax... civil unrest BS??? really? fighting for your rights is BS? I suppose that in your opinion blacks should still use separate water fountains and sit on the back of the bus eh?

Don't confuse fighting for your rights with lying and racebaiting which is what Sharpton,Jackson do they are only in it for the money and control. If you did not grow up in the 60s then I can see where you are confused about what is being said. If they really cared they would not be silent on all the black on black killings only with Blacks being killed by non Blacks.

Someones unarmed son is dead because of a trigger happy cop wannabe. Rep or Dem that plain just sucks.

The whole truth will be revealed soon enough

Sounds like complete BS. Every description of the kid is that of a introvert and non confrontation type.

That he would attack his pursuer and pound him into the ground just doesn't seem possible. But if Zimmerman has witnesses that say it happen that way, it is case closed. Unless other witnesses say otherwise.
So, at nearly 18 years old, 6'2" and a football player, he's a helpless, introverted kid? Never had a bad word for anyone?
With his twitter photo of his gold tooth "grill", he's an introvert?

Try reading his tweets. He goes by no_limit_n i gg a, here:

Twitter
[Sorry with the forum's "bubblegum" censorship of the word N i g g a the link won't work]
But you can get there through The Daily Caller here:
http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/the-daily-caller-obtains-trayvon-martins-tweets/

If you have the stomach for it.
Odd, that he looks so different in his wallpaper photo when you go to his twitter page.
This kid was a borderline thug, and I'm not so sure about the "borderline" part.

Oh, and Zimmerman was NEVER told not to follow/pursue the kid. When he said he was going to follow him, the dispatcher said: "You don't need to do that."
Wayyy different than being told to cease and desist.

And as far as chuckie schumer goes, he doesn't need a reason to call for abandonment of gun rights any more than feinstein or the rest of their ilk do.
But they'll never pass up a manufactured crisis like this one to push their agenda.

Sounds like complete BS. Every description of the kid is that of a introvert and non confrontation type.

That he would attack his pursuer and pound him into the ground just doesn't seem possible. But if Zimmerman has witnesses that say it happen that way, it is case closed. Unless other witnesses say otherwise.

I wouldn't believe a word the media says about it. They won't even use a current picture of the guy. They use an old younger picture just to get more people PO'd. Of course they will paint him to be a poor helpless kid who never hurt a fly. Far too armchair quarterbacks are ready to be judge, jury, and executioner, without all the facts. :s0054:

So, at nearly 18 years old, 6'2" and a football player, he's a helpless, introverted kid? Never had a bad word for anyone?
With his twitter photo of his gold tooth "grill", he's an introvert?

Try reading his tweets. He goes by no_limit_n i gg a, here:

Twitter
[Sorry with the forum's "bubblegum" censorship of the word N i g g a the link won't work]
But you can get there through The Daily Caller here:
Trayvon Martin Tweets | Twitter Account | The Daily Caller

If you have the stomach for it.
Odd, that he looks so different in his wallpaper photo when you go to his twitter page.
This kid was a borderline thug, and I'm not so sure about the "borderline" part.

Oh, and Zimmerman was NEVER told not to follow/pursue the kid. When he said he was going to follow him, the dispatcher said: "You don't need to do that."

And as far as chuckie schumer goes, he doesn't need a reason to call for abandonment of gun rights any more than feinstein or the rest of their ilk do.
But they'll never pass up a manufactured crisis like this one to push their agenda.

I agree. If he was a 'borderline' thug he should have been immediately shot. Also, if he made nasty tweets, I believe the law allows him to be shot as well.

Here is the 911 call Zimmerman made:
<broken link removed>
They were telling him very clearly 'we don't need you to do that' and he said "OK". Zimmerman exercised incredibly bad judgement and got someone killed while ruining his own life. There was no need for this crap.

Chuck should look to help elsewhere. The same day as this tragedy there was a driveby shooting...in Chicago...where there is no SYG, guns are registered and taxed annually, and it is illegal to carry them loaded. One kid (20) died, two more were (16-17) were wounded. Seven more people were injured in an accident involving the first responders. Like in FL, no arrests have yet been made.

So in addition to trying to ignite a race war we see another reason Democrats and Media are sensationalizing the Trayvon shooting. I guess you never let a good crisis go to waste!

Schumer Calls For Federal Probe Of 'Stand Your Ground' Laws After Florida Shooting | Fox News

Igniting a race war because he is questioning the SYG laws? I don't think so. Schumer isn't trying to ignite a race war but he does seem to be on a fast track to showing his ignorance of the case and the applicability of the SYG in this particular case. As usual Schumer and all other politicians is doing what they do best when they perceive it could help them: knee jerk react and hope you come down on the correct side of the issue after the facts have been laid out. God help any of us if a Congressmen/woman ever gets to sit on your jury.

But if he *hadn't*, the kid would still be alive.

It would have been interesting if the kid had been of a legal age to carry and had a permit, and he shot the guy following him at night & confronting him, to see what the reactions would be... He would have been more justified doing that than what happened, IMO.

Igniting a race war because he is questioning the SYG laws? I don't think so. Schumer isn't trying to ignite a race war but he does seem to be on a fast track to showing his ignorance of the case and the applicability of the SYG in this particular case. As usual Schumer and all other politicians is doing what they do best when they perceive it could help them: knee jerk react and hope you come down on the correct side of the issue after the facts have been laid out. God help any of us if a Congressmen/woman ever gets to sit on your jury.

I was not saying that questioning the SYG was trying to ignite a race war. I was saying that in addiition too trying to ignite a race war they are also looking for ways to negatively affect peoples 2A rights. It speaks loudly to there true intentions that they try to mask in compassion.

Here is the 911 call Zimmerman made:
<broken link removed>
They were telling him very clearly 'we don't need you to do that' and he said "OK". Zimmerman exercised incredibly bad judgement and got someone killed while ruining his own life. There was no need for this crap.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like Zimmerman made some poor choices but we don't have all the info yet. If he called the cops because he saw a black kid walking down the street then he is a POS. but we don't know for sure.

The thing I have a gripe about is how society has changed. I lived in FL though it is getting the same everywhere and it was fairly common to have people refusing to help people in need. I believe a few witnesses went inside or called 911 but wouldn't go outside to see what was going on.it sucks that we don't help others out anymore. My cousin went on a trip to Panama and had someone snatch her purse but he didn't get very far before some locals taught him a lesson before calling the police. While I am not advocating violence or want some busy body wannabe cop riding around the neighborhood I think that it is important that neighbors watch out for one another.

I agree. If he was a 'borderline' thug he should have been immediately shot. Also, if he made nasty tweets, I believe the law allows him to be shot as well.

Strawman arguments are easier to win huh? I'm pretty sure you're being obtuse on purpose.

Jaimes link is showing us the racist, misogynist side of Trayvon that the media chose not to show us. They used a five year old picture of Trayvon instead of a current Twitter pic, possibly because he was flipping off the camera or showing off his gold grill? They could have at least used the shot of him actually wearing a hoodie, but no he was too old in that photo, must make him look like a 13 Y/O choirboy. That Twitter account has been taken down now, darn good thing Google had it cached.

They used Zimmermans mugshot instead of the ones of him smiling in a suit. They told us about Zimmermans arrest record but didn't tell us that he was an Alter boy and the son of a judge. He tutors poor black kids for free. They call him a White/Hispanic?

Both guys backgrounds may or may not be important in this case but if the media puts their finger on the scales (lying by omission, per usual) then it's important to go around them to find the truth.

*Sigh*

Where the racism in all of this comes in, isn't in the fact that the shooter may or may not have uttered a racial slur.

It comes in where the police don't PROPERLY question a man who has just killed an unarmed black kid.

I do not want this tried in the media, but the courts. (That's my personal opinion)

And just FYI, Hispanic is a culture, not a race.

As far as anyone capitalizing on the death of anyone, very poor form.

But if he *hadn't*, the kid would still be alive.

It would have been interesting if the kid had been of a legal age to carry and had a permit, and he shot the guy following him at night & confronting him, to see what the reactions would be... He would have been more justified doing that than what happened, IMO.
Here, let me expand on that for you. I don't know if my crystal ball is as good as yours, but I'll try,...

If the dispatcher had said "Do not follow that individual," then at least some of the responses here would be factual.
You know, all the ones where posters are claiming Zimmerman was told not to follow the kid.

Where did they get this idea? There is absolutely no doubt, that they got it from the MSM, that is out to support the campaign against guns and laws that support their use. I know this because numerous press pundits said it (erroneously) this past weekend.
Why can't all you supposedly pro 2ndA folks see that?

Then there's your "what if" argument,...
Gee, do you REALLY want to play THAT card? Okay, I'll play.
What if the kid HAD confronted Zimmerman early on. While he was still in his car, had the kid walked up to the passenger side and asked what Zimmerman wanted, Trayvon would have settled the issue then and there.
"Hey dude, I'm just heading back to my Pops' house after getting me a pop and a snack."
End of contact,...
Unless Zimmerman offered to give him a ride of course.

What if Trayvon hadn't jumped Zimmerman and tried to beat the sh*t out of him?
What if investigators hadn't seen Zimmerman's battered and bloody face?
Gosh, what if Trayvon had seen that "evil" gun, and grabbed it first?

What if Neville Chamberlain and Joseph Kennedy had had better judgement, and given factual information to their bosses? (look it up)
Screw it, we can do this all day.

Here is the bottom line on chuckie's list of "what ifs":
What if guns were illegal, and Zimmerman hadn't had one?
^This is the one that the media, and chuckie schumer REALLY want you to ask/be asked.

Because that is their answer.
They believe, and are trying to convince Americans, that if they are allowed to remove gun(s) and the pro-gun laws, they will be able to solve the problem of violent encounters. In their pursuit of "social justice" they are trying to tell you that it is better to have the crap beat out of you, than it is to stop your assailant(s) with lethal force.
That it is somehow, more "noble" and/or "just" that you contribute to your victim status on behalf of a "more civilized" society.
Sorry, but I refuse to believe that.
That my friend, is pure, unadulterated hogwash.

I have all the evidence I need to prove that chuckie and friends are WRONG!!!

How about this?
What if schumer wasn't a scumbag liberal-progressive gun hater. What if he didn't take EVERY opportunity to blame the gun and pro-gun laws? What then?
Why, this conversation NEVER would have happened!!
And senators like schumer would be out of a job.

"What ifs" can be played all day.

Throughout all this, guns and gun laws will be on trial, because of the chuckie schumers in the senate/congress, and the leftist Main Stream Media and their agenda. And I'm sorry, but the race-baiters like al sharpton, jesse jackson, and yes, eric holder, will contribute too, with their tired claims of "oppressed people of color" being victimized via the current legal system,... And those "evil" guns.
But if we stick to the facts, and let the laws and the court decide, then the system will either work, or it's flaws will be exposed, and lawmakers can go back to work on rectifying the problem.
But in the process of fixing problems, restriction of gun/carry laws needs to be off the table. But if the chuckie schumers of the world get their way, gun laws will be central to the argument.
And that is WRONG!

It's somewhat of a tragedy that Trayvon had to die. But there is strong evidence that he contributed to his own death, every bit as much as Zimmerman did.
And it's the job of investigators in FL to find out. Not mine, or yours, or schumer's, or al sharpton's, or the DOJ's or the MSM.

Listen to the 911 call and honestly ask yourself if Zimmerman was just getting a vague 'we don't need you to do that but suit yourself, do your own thing' type of instruction? Again, the call says 'Are you following him?" and 'We don't need you to do that' very emphatically to which Zimmerman clearly says 'OK".
You are right that if Zimmerman had had some actual skills as a neighborhood watch person he could have possibly talked with the young man without making him so fearful, but again, the 911 call clearly shows that Zimmerman had already decided that Trayvon was a perp.

On Feb. 26, when Zimmerman first spotted Trayvon, he called police and reported a suspicious person, describing Trayvon as black, acting strangely and perhaps on drugs.

Zimmerman got out of his SUV to follow Trayvon on foot. When a dispatch employee asked Zimmerman if he was following the 17-year-old, Zimmerman said yes. The dispatcher told Zimmerman he did not need to do that.

There is about a one-minute gap during which police say they're not sure what happened.

Zimmerman told them he lost sight of Trayvon and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from the left rear, and they exchanged words.

Trayvon asked Zimmerman if he had a problem. Zimmerman said no and reached for his cell phone, he told police.

Trayvon then said, "Well, you do now" or something similar and punched Zimmerman in the nose.

Zimmerman fell to the ground and Trayvon got on top of him and began slamming his head into the sidewalk, he told police.

Zimmerman began yelling for help.

Several witnesses heard those cries, and there's been a dispute about from whom they came: Zimmerman or Trayvon.

Lawyers for Trayvon's family say it was Trayvon, but police say their evidence indicates it was Zimmerman.

One witnesses, who has since talked to local television news reporters, told police he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Trayvon on top, pounding him and was unequivocal that it was Zimmerman who was crying for help.

Zimmerman then shot Trayvon once in the chest from very close range, according to authorities.

When police arrived less than two minutes later, Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, had a swollen lip and had bloody lacerations to the back of his head.

Paramedics gave him first aid, but he said no to going to the hospital. He got medical care the next day.

This isn't even a justified use of deadly force, much less a stand-your-ground issue. Yes, Zimmerman was in a fist fight, but he provoked it. If it took place in OR he'd be in jail or maybe out on bail right now. Play semantics all you like, but after listening to the 911 tape it's clear the dispatcher wasn't ambivalent or indifferent about whether Zimmerman should pursue the kid. It's clear from her tone of voice that she clearly meant not to follow him, even if her printed words could be interpreted as being indifferent about it.

What's clear here is that Zimmerman brought a gun to a fistfight, one that he provoked. He had every opportunity to walk away, up to and including when he first got punched. Zimmerman deserves some jail time. If we, as gun owners and CHL holders, come down on the right side of this we don't have to defend a Castle Doctrine, Stand Your Ground law, or the right to carry concealed. They are not the issue. Zimmerman was just plain wrong and should have been arrested, even if he might later be cleared.

Listen to the 911 call and honestly ask yourself if Zimmerman was just getting a vague 'we don't need you to do that but suit yourself, do your own thing' type of instruction? Again, the call says 'Are you following him?" and 'We don't need you to do that' very emphatically to which Zimmerman clearly says 'OK".
You are right that if Zimmerman had had some actual skills as a neighborhood watch person he could have possibly talked with the young man without making him so fearful, but again, the 911 call clearly shows that Zimmerman had already decided that Trayvon was a perp.
That may very well be correct Mike.
And if that's the way it plays out in court, then Zimmerman will pay the price.

But that isn't what this thread, or chuckie schumer's "contribution" to the situation is about.
It all about demonizing the gun(s), and the SYG gun law.

And you are playing right into chuckie's and the MSM's hands. A supposed 2ndA supporter, arguing on behalf of what the MSM is reporting, and reading into what was said, "facts" not in evidence.

Did Zimmerman show less-than-stellar judgement?
Maybe.
Has the entire 9-1-1 transcript or recording been published or played by the MSM? I don't think so, just the snippets that the gun haters want you to see and hear.

You are free to believe what you want. If you live in Florida, you are even free to support the repeal of the SYG law, the way chuckie wants you to.
But I am in no position to pass judgement on the situation from 3,000 miles away, any more than you are.
Especially when the only "facts" I am able to glean from press releases, are the ones I have to dig up for myself.

Because the people that are reporting on the situation are slanting the coverage, and giving air time to the loudest gun hater in Congress, rather than reporting the facts of the investigation.
And you have apparently bought into the argument lock, stock and barrel. For apparent political reasons, you have come here in support of the slanted coverage, and as a result, end up defending schumer and his argument, contributing verbal support of the liberal-progressive, "social justice" side of the argument.
The very argument that wants to restrict and/or remove our access to the devices of self defense that the 2ndA recognizes, and guarantees us.

Have another sip of the kool-aide that chuckie made, and the MSM is serving.
But don't be surprised when that kool-aide lulls you to sleep, while chuckie pushes another anti-gun law through Congress, ostensibly on behalf of Trayvon Martin's memory.

Because that is what chuckie is really all about.

What's clear here is that Zimmerman brought a gun to a fistfight, one that he provoked. He had every opportunity to walk away, up to and including when he first got punched. Zimmerman deserves some jail time. If we, as gun owners and CHL holders, come down on the right side of this we don't have to defend a Castle Doctrine, Stand Your Ground law, or the right to carry concealed. They are not the issue. Zimmerman was just plain wrong and should have been arrested, even if he might later be cleared.
Care to post a copy of your law degree?
How about your scores on the Florida bar exam?
Maybe your certificate from the Florida bar that entitles you to pass legal judgement in Florida cases?
Oregon cases?

Have you filed a writ/petition for full disclosure of evidence in the case with the Sanford County, Florida Sheriff's Dept?
Care to share with us all what it says? And ALL OF the pertinent FACTS of the case?
ALL OF the eye-witness' statements?

NO?
Yeah, that's what I thought.
You've tried and convicted Zimmerman in the court of public opinion based on the "evidence" the MSM wants you to hear.

Not even a "nice try."

He had every opportunity to walk away,<snip>
Having problems with reading and comprehension this morning?
Try reading this part of what you quoted above:
Zimmerman told them he lost sight of Trayvon and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from the left rear, and they exchanged words.
So, according to the only (anecdotal) evidence the Sheriff's Dept. has, he was walking away, and Trayvon pursued Zimmerman, and initiated contact.
Furthermore, the grass stains on Zimmerman's back. and the cut/abrasion bleeding on the back of his head are at least partial proof that after Martin initiated contact, he had Zimmerman in a defensive position on his back on the lawn.

Geez, even in the court of public opinion you ignore key points in the evidence, and only give credence to those parts you have NO defense for.
Like the dispatcher's "tone of voice."

Sorry Mr prosecutor, but you have cited "facts not in evidence."

NEXT!

Emerging reports about Trayvon Martin distract from attack on SYG

Emerging details about dead Florida teen Trayvon Martin, whose cousin is a Tacoma resident and participated in a vigil for Martin Monday evening, may not be relevant to the incident that cost Martin his life, same as it is still questionable whether the state’s Stand-Your-Ground law is really applicable.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads